CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,822 posts

Posted 22 August 2024 - 05:19 PM

BSL: Quick Hits August 22nd

https://baltimorespo...ts-august-22nd/

I can appreciate the perspective check you're doling out here, but rather than stipulate the O's have been this or that since July 1st, I think it dates back further than that. 

They're a 38-35 club since June 1st. Or, perhaps more pointedly, they're three games below .500 since the first day of summer (June 21st). 

#3 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 63,099 posts

Posted 22 August 2024 - 05:23 PM

I like Bradish's injury date as the inflection point. They finished that turn through the rotation well, but starting the next time through it has been a major step back.

Some health returning will help, but the biggest improvement needed is simply guys here now playing better.

#4 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,463 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 22 August 2024 - 05:25 PM

Yup. Pretty well lays it out. I am hoping Adley turns it on down the stretch. His bat is so important.

#5 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 23 August 2024 - 06:06 AM

Yup. Pretty well lays it out. I am hoping Adley turns it on down the stretch. His bat is so important.

Not sure what's up with him.  OBP is down 50 points and he has around half the number of doubles and walks as last season.

#6 mikezpen

mikezpen
  • Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 24 August 2024 - 11:11 PM

Wonder if the back is an issue

#7 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,822 posts

Posted 24 August 2024 - 11:45 PM

Bring back Santander on a 3 year deal to DH/RF. Kjerstad is the other half of that platoon. If Santander can agree to those terms, then punt O'Hearn and Mountcastle into the sun for arms they can mold into something better. Stay firm on three years though. Tell Mayo to work on his first base skills at Driveline or some other winter academy, and to bring said mitt to Sarasota next February.

^ I say that so that Adley only plays 4-5 games a week next season (all behind the plate). Re-sign McCann as his BUC. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=