https://www.cbssport...e-nl-west-lead/

#2 RichardZ

RichardZ

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,790 posts

Posted 19 July 2024 - 12:51 PM

Miller. Ain’t happening. The question is, what to the Marlins require for, rental, Tanner Scott?

#3 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 63,028 posts

Posted 19 July 2024 - 01:20 PM

Miller. Ain’t happening. The question is, what to the Marlins require for, rental, Tanner Scott?

Agree on Miller.

Hunter Harvey went for the #39 pick and the Royals #2 prospect (became Nats #6 prospect).  That prospect was a 2nd round pick two years ago, 3B with pretty middling numbers throughout including this year at AA, so he seems a bit overrated to me on paper.  Harvey has an extra year of control that Scott doesn't, so basically 3X the control.  

I think two guys in the second half of our top-20 for Scott seems fair depending on the names, maybe one of those guys being a back-end top-10 guy depending on the market.

I like Estevez, Foley, some Rangers arms, and some of the remaining Nats arms as well.  Think Suarez and McDermott could help in the pen as well.  Kimbrel, Cano, Webb,and Perez should stay, but the rest of the BP can go so I think there is room to add a lot, both internal and external.  Hopefully Coulombe is back in September, roster will be able to support another RP from that point oward, so don't need to remove someone, can go to 9 arms.

• dude likes this

#4 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 158,325 posts

Posted 19 July 2024 - 01:23 PM

The control is huge, and absolutely tilts the value... but Scott was right with Bautista last year as the most valuable relievers in the game.

Cost shouldn't be overwhelming, but would think it would be slightly better than that. 

Great if it's not.

#5 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 63,028 posts

Posted 19 July 2024 - 01:27 PM

The control is huge, and absolutely tilts the value... but Scott was right with Bautista last year as the most valuable relievers in the game.

Cost shouldn't be overwhelming, but would think it would be slightly better than that. 

Great if it's not.

Probably fair.  I think our top-20 competes very highly with most other teams' 6-10 range, so its hard to make apples to apples comparisons especially when being vague and general.  Like Seth Johnson is our #9 right now, and I think he's a better prospect than the #2 Royals guy that was included in the Harvey deal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=