#1 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 63,028 posts

Posted 13 June 2024 - 01:35 PM

https://www.baseball...id=stoudt000lev

Claimed on waivers from Seattle and optioned to Norfolk. Cincinnati and Seattle have both waived him off of their 40-man rosters this year despite him having minor league options.  His AAA numbers are so bad its kind of impressive.  Guessing they are gonna try to convert him to relief, so took a flyer with an open 40-man spot.

• BobPhelan likes this

#2 dude

dude

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,432 posts
  • LocationColumbus, GA

Posted 13 June 2024 - 05:39 PM

Stoudt was ranked #129 (Pipeline) in the 2019 draft and went in the 3rd rd (3-97) to Seattle.  He's also from Pottstown, PA (north of Baltimore) so it's possible he's a guy they were tracking in the 2019 draft.

Certainly agree he's a conversion to RP and see what happens.  Orioles have actually had really good success with this type of player so, whatever, see what happens.

#3 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 63,028 posts

Posted 13 June 2024 - 06:46 PM

He's got until they need a 40-man spot to make an impression. At 40 now but one of them is Wells who could move to 60-day and there is a good bit of churn at the end of the pitching list. Stoudt himself, Martin, Krook, Zimmerman, Vespi, Heasley and Baker are all pretty similar so any couple of them could go if needed.

Mayo and McDermott are the only AAA guys likely to need to be added any time soon unless we make a trade acquisition sooner than later and those could come with 40-man subtractions (Urias, Norby, Kjerstad, Stowers etc depending on the trade).

#4 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 20,076 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 13 June 2024 - 08:19 PM

From the looks of it Wells hasn't been moved to the 60-day IL yet. I know they haven't determined what he'll need yet, but I thought Elias said it was certain he's not playing again this season. Is there something they're waiting for? Because that would seem to be an obvious way to open up a 40-man spot. (Though I would not be doing that for a guy who was waived while he still had options. Sorry, Levi.)

#5 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 20,076 posts

Posted 13 June 2024 - 08:58 PM

He's also from Pottstown, PA (north of Baltimore) so it's possible he's a guy they were tracking in the 2019 draft.

Was gonna say he's only the second best thing to ever come out of Pottstown, after Yuengling. Then I remembered Yuengling is brewed in Pottsville, not Pottstown. So Levi at least has that going for him.

#6 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 15,090 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 26 July 2024 - 08:06 PM

Was gonna say he's only the second best thing to ever come out of Pottstown, after Yuengling. Then I remembered Yuengling is brewed in Pottsville, not Pottstown. So Levi at least has that going for him.

Thought you said you never heard of him??

• BSLMikeLowe likes this

#7 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 20,076 posts

Posted 26 July 2024 - 09:31 PM

Thought you said you never heard of him??

He made such an impression that I didn't even remember that post. And it's even beer related!

• BobPhelan likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=