Lower Minors

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 mikezpen

mikezpen
  • Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 31 May 2024 - 01:44 PM

Position players still poor for most part-numbers suck. However, it's good to see Bradfield starting to hit. And there's quite a bit of pitching that looks good.

Bowie has little in position players outside of Basallo. Beavers down to .272. Pitching's no great shakes either except for Trace Bright..A couple of relievers have decent numbers but not earth-shaking

O's need depth down there, not so much that it's needed up here right now, but as material for trades.They have top talent at Norfolk but also need more talent in lower minors to create depth needed for those 3-for-1 deals. That's where I was hoping Beavers would come in.

#2 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,558 posts

Posted 31 May 2024 - 02:53 PM

Etzel is another interesting OF prospect in Aberdeen.

Plenty of interesting arms between Chace, Baumeister, Nunez, De Leon.

The international guys in Delmarva have definitely struggled.

#3 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 63,588 posts

Posted 31 May 2024 - 03:43 PM

Beavers has been hitting well all season.
  • BobPhelan likes this

#4 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,558 posts

Posted 31 May 2024 - 03:49 PM

Beavers has been solid at every stop, just doesn't seem to have any one thing that's impressive or stands out to get excited about.

#5 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 15,110 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 31 May 2024 - 04:01 PM

Beavers has been hitting well all season.

Yep and he’s getting top 100 smoke.

Look at players wRC+ and take note of their age/level before writing anyone off. Plenty of talent in the system outside of AAA especially on the pitching front.

#6 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,686 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 31 May 2024 - 04:05 PM

So how does this group help with the compete every year plan? Looks a lot like after the current AAA guys graduate its going to be not near the quality or depth of the last couple of seasons. I am excited to see Beavers but I am a bit so so on Barfield. 

#7 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 15,110 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 31 May 2024 - 04:12 PM

So how does this group help with the compete every year plan? Looks a lot like after the current AAA guys graduate its going to be not near the quality or depth of the last couple of seasons. I am excited to see Beavers but I am a bit so so on Barfield. 

Basallo, Beavers, Bradfield are top 100 guys. We have two early picks in July and some interesting breakout candidates. Plus not all the AAA guys are going to graduate so I think we still have 6 top 100 guys going into next year.

#8 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,602 posts

Posted 31 May 2024 - 04:23 PM

It would seem things are settling down in the lower levels. Im considering lower levels below AA. Not many popping off and forcing promotions but we have to understand how unusual and spoiled we were to have so many guys explode and zoom through the levels the way they have the last 2 or 3 years

#9 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,602 posts

Posted 31 May 2024 - 04:26 PM

I would be interested to hear some national guys talk about where they think we would be ranked without Holliday, Mayo, Kjersted and Bassalo. Obviously, you dont take them away when doing organizational rankings but would be good to hear some takes on our depth

#10 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,558 posts

Posted 31 May 2024 - 04:36 PM

The pitching below AA looks way more promising than the offense for sure.

Guys like De Leon, Baumeister, Chace, Nunez, Portes, Fruit, Cruz in Aberdeen.

Forret, Cooper, Money, Bragg in Delmarva.

#11 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 15,110 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 31 May 2024 - 06:39 PM

The pitching below AA looks way more promising than the offense for sure.

Guys like De Leon, Baumeister, Chace, Nunez, Portes, Fruit, Cruz in Aberdeen.

Forret, Cooper, Money, Bragg in Delmarva.

Trey Gibson is the gem in Delmarva.

#12 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 15,110 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 31 May 2024 - 06:42 PM

I would be interested to hear some national guys talk about where they think we would be ranked without Holliday, Mayo, Kjersted and Bassalo. Obviously, you dont take them away when doing organizational rankings but would be good to hear some takes on our depth

Have to consider they focused on a different style of hitter this last draft, speed and defense first guys. Still a believer in a Mac Horvath breakout to come. Jake Cunningham is a big disappointment so far.

Also expecting some international guys to gain momentum as the year goes, Leandro Arias and Aron Estrada stand out.

#13 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,558 posts

Posted 31 May 2024 - 06:49 PM

Trey Gibson is the gem in Delmarva.

The numbers are great, but know nothing about him. Undrafted guy out of Liberty?

#14 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 15,110 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 01 June 2024 - 06:53 AM

The numbers are great, but know nothing about him. Undrafted guy out of Liberty?

Touches 97-98 with two really good breaking balls. Great scouting effort because he didn't pitch last year due to suspension. (Not sure what for but its Liberty.)

#15 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,686 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 01 June 2024 - 08:02 AM

Dont know why I keep forgetting about Bassalo?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=