#2 BSLRoseKatz

BSLRoseKatz

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,088 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 29 May 2024 - 05:08 PM

Welcome, and THANK YOU for helping us explore ways we can transform your gameday experience.

As we prepare to invest into our home ballpark, we want to hear about your current Oriole Park experience at Camden Yards and your suggestions for the future. Our goals for the improved ballpark are to make your gameday experience unforgettable, to serve as a second home for all Orioles fans, and to host exceptional year-round events. We greatly appreciate your help on this mission.

Ready to share your feedback? Click the arrow to get started.

#3 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,232 posts

Posted 30 May 2024 - 11:49 AM

The "What Type Of Fan" are you question seems flawed and it's the first question. Not a good start to the survey in my fan opinion. :) How many games you attend and how many games you watch / listen to should be separate data points. Granted they seem to be focusing on in-stadium / gameday experience stuff, but still...

#4 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,811 posts

Posted 30 May 2024 - 11:57 AM

The "What Type Of Fan" are you question seems flawed and it's the first question. Not a good start to the survey in my fan opinion. :) How many games you attend and how many games you watch / listen to should be separate data points. Granted they seem to be focusing on in-stadium / gameday experience stuff, but still...

Yeah, I pay attention to the O's for several hours a day but I guess I'm only a "casual fan" because I don't attend 10+ per year so Avid doesn't fit?

#5 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,468 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 30 May 2024 - 12:32 PM

I watch about 145 games on tv. Attend zero. Guess I aint much of a fan.
  • BaltBird 24 likes this

#6 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,826 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 30 May 2024 - 12:36 PM

https://elevatesport...s=1717020219495

No idea if this link will work for everyone but it just showed up in my email

I got it too.  I took it and frankly it concerns me, because it seems like they are trying to cater to high rollers.

I spend too much money on both Orioles and Ravens tickets, but I enjoy going to the games to watch the games.  Some of the questions seem to point toward them making every game a major event and the how much would you spend questions are IMO over the top.

Hopefully they do not price the average fan out of the games.

Also the survey was to damn long.

@mikeghg

#7 weird-O

weird-O

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts
  • LocationI'm here from downtown, I'm here from Mitch and Murray.

Posted 30 May 2024 - 12:50 PM

Since I'm no longer in Baltimore, I didn't even click to see the survey. Maybe they'll eventually send out a survey on the broader Orioles fan experience. 

Good news! I saw a dog today.

#8 BSLRoseKatz

BSLRoseKatz

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,088 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 30 May 2024 - 01:23 PM

I watch about 145 games on tv. Attend zero. Guess I aint much of a fan.

I mean the survey is about proposed renovations/new features/etc for the stadium itself so I don't think there's anything wrong with them wanting data points for if the fans are people who attend the games or not. I'm sure there's people who live in Nebraska who can recite the 1954 roster off the top of their head but their opinion on attending games shouldn't be expected to count the same as people who aren't diehards but still enjoy going to 15 games a year  

• Mackus and makoman like this

#9 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,772 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 30 May 2024 - 01:29 PM

It’s 2024. People don’t need much of an excuse to be pissed off about something. Even an Orioles survey
  • DuffMan likes this

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#10 BSLRoseKatz

BSLRoseKatz

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,088 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 30 May 2024 - 01:30 PM

I got it too.  I took it and frankly it concerns me, because it seems like they are trying to cater to high rollers.

I spend too much money on both Orioles and Ravens tickets, but I enjoy going to the games to watch the games.  Some of the questions seem to point toward them making every game a major event and the how much would you spend questions are IMO over the top.

Yeah that survey wasn't exactly asking "so do you think the chicken tenders should be cheaper?" 

• Mike B likes this

#11 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,616 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 30 May 2024 - 10:23 PM

For better or worse I think the general trend is to level up the stadium experience to be more like a unified amusement park experience and less like baseball junkies showing up day-in day-out to cheer their team.   My perspective is skewed because I haven't lived in Baltimore for a while, but if they have a really nice kid's area and give us seats and included food for my family for $800, I'm comparing that to Disneyland or something, which is going to cost me $250 a ticket (assuming I didn't work there) and then having to sell my kidney to pay for bad food in the park.  If I'm going for 1 game with my kid while visiting the relatives I have in the area then I could see myself enjoying some of the stuff they were talking about in the survey.

#12 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 31 May 2024 - 06:13 AM

I liked the question that had 5 groups of "seating packages" to choose from.  Each time I picked the cheapest and then selected No as to whether I would actually purchase.

I enjoy my $19 tickets in the upper deck and have no interest in any of the fancy crap.  They need to fix the horrible concessions operation before doing anything else.

• Mike B likes this

#13 weird-O

weird-O

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts
  • LocationI'm here from downtown, I'm here from Mitch and Murray.

Posted 31 May 2024 - 08:26 AM

For better or worse I think the general trend is to level up the stadium experience to be more like a unified amusement park experience 

You're absolutely right about this. Teams aren't really interested in what their dedicated fans want. They're trying to appeal to people who may not be fans of the team (or even the sport), but would come to a game for a carnival type experience. I'm not critical about it. Ticket and concessions revenue won't cover the cost of Gunner's extension, but it helps.  

Good news! I saw a dog today.

#14 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,826 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 31 May 2024 - 10:24 AM

I liked the question that had 5 groups of "seating packages" to choose from.  Each time I picked the cheapest and then selected No as to whether I would actually purchase.

I enjoy my $19 tickets in the upper deck and have no interest in any of the fancy crap.  They need to fix the horrible concessions operation before doing anything else.

You summed up my thought exactly.  It sounds like I answered their question the same way you did.ju

I bought a flex plan this year, and I move around the stadium.  I also share a 29 game plan, which are very good seats close up.  I am not a drinker so the fancy bar's don't appeal to me nor do the conversation, group areas that they will build.  

I understand why they want to do it.  It is new revenue which I hope they get.  I just hope they do not eliminate too many seats for the normal fans.

@mikeghg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=