Kyle Bradish vs Mitchell Parker

#2 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 63,099 posts

Posted 08 May 2024 - 10:06 AM

Bradish!  Man its so exciting he and Means are back.  

#3 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,605 posts

Posted 08 May 2024 - 10:08 AM

Damn. This guys a lefty but the way they touched up Ladolo so maybe facing a lefty right now isnt the worst thing.

#4 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 63,099 posts

Posted 08 May 2024 - 10:09 AM

The team is 14-6 in the 20 games since the Milwaukee series.  4 of the 6 losses were wildly frustrating and completely avoidable, that is the two Kimbrel meltdowns (where he didn't just blow saves but he couldn't get any outs) and the two shutouts with Burnes on the mound.  Its pretty amazing that even the very few losses in a long successful streak feel like blown opportunities that should have been wins.  I'm feeling even more optimistic about the team at this point than I was coming into the season.

#5 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,605 posts

Posted 08 May 2024 - 10:16 AM

The team is 14-6 in the 20 games since the Milwaukee series. 4 of the 6 losses were wildly frustrating and completely avoidable, that is the two Kimbrel meltdowns (where he didn't just blow saves but he couldn't get any outs) and the two shutouts with Burnes on the mound. Its pretty amazing that even the very few losses in a long successful streak feel like blown opportunities that should have been wins. I'm feeling even more optimistic about the team at this point than I was coming into the season.

Ill say it again, best team in AL. Doesnt mean they wont run into issues or even that they will finish with the best record in AL. I would probably bet they finish with the best run diff tho

#6 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,811 posts

Posted 08 May 2024 - 10:19 AM

Damn. This guys a lefty but the way they touched up Ladolo so maybe facing a lefty right now isnt the worst thing.

Currently .274/.337/.492 vs LHP, .232/.289/.414 vs RHP.

#7 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,605 posts

Posted 08 May 2024 - 10:29 AM

Yeah, kinda figured the numbers were better vs lefties. Still a lot of exposure to lefty lefty matchups. Gunnar better vs lefties right now and Santander has been god awful against righties so far

#8 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,811 posts

Posted 08 May 2024 - 10:41 AM

Yeah, kinda figured the numbers were better vs lefties. Still a lot of exposure to lefty lefty matchups. Gunnar better vs lefties right now and Santander has been god awful against righties so far

Yeah, Mullins, O'Hearn, Cowser, Westburg, much better vs righties, the rest of the regulars seem better vs lefties at the moment. Adley is just crushing lefties this year.

Also Mitchell Parker has a higher WAR than Burnes, for those who think that tells us who the dominant aces are in early May. Maybe we'll get lucky today and the guy with a minor league ERA over 4 shows up.

#9 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,605 posts

Posted 08 May 2024 - 10:45 AM

Adley is an absolute beast hitting righty.

#10 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 63,099 posts

Posted 08 May 2024 - 10:57 AM

Also Mitchell Parker has a higher WAR than Burnes, for those who think that tells us who the dominant aces are in early May. Maybe we'll get lucky today and the guy with a minor league ERA over 4 shows up.

Exactly. Aces aren't required to be a top-5 pitcher every month. It's about how you do over the season - and multiple seasons. Lots of guys can be really good for a month or two. Fewer for a full year. Very few for multiple years. Burnes is absolutely in that group of very few.

#11 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,578 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 08 May 2024 - 11:02 AM

Holliday is unfortunately a bit of an anchor in those versus righties numbers.

#12 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 158,386 posts

Posted 08 May 2024 - 02:12 PM

Gunnar Henderson SS
Adley Rutschman DH
Ryan Mountcastle 1B
Anthony Santander RF
Jordan Westburg 3B
Jorge Mateo 2B
Colton Cowser LF
James McCann C
Cedric Mullins CF

#13 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,463 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 08 May 2024 - 04:23 PM

When you see Mullins hitting in the 9 spot you know he's not going well. Now some of that is balancing the L and R swingers but still.

#14 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 63,099 posts

Posted 08 May 2024 - 05:29 PM

When you see Mullins hitting in the 9 spot you know he's not going well. Now some of that is balancing the L and R swingers but still.

I think it's more performance based, because batting him 9th actually makes the L/R balance worse. 3 of 4 guys lefty from Cowser to Gunnar. If you went Cowser/Mateo/Mullins/McCann then the balance is perfect.

Hyde seems to really shift gys around based on short(ish) term hot and cold streaks as well as handedness of the pitcher. We've seen Westburg and Cowser move up and down the lineup depending on how well they've been going. I don't have an issue with that strategy, even if it's not exactly what I think I'd do.

#15 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,039 posts

Posted 08 May 2024 - 05:41 PM

I think it's more performance based, because batting him 9th actually makes the L/R balance worse. 3 of 4 guys lefty from Cowser to Gunnar. If you went Cowser/Mateo/Mullins/McCann then the balance is perfect.

Hyde seems to really shift gys around based on short(ish) term hot and cold streaks as well as handedness of the pitcher. We've seen Westburg and Cowser move up and down the lineup depending on how well they've been going. I don't have an issue with that strategy, even if it's not exactly what I think I'd do.

I thought the criticism of Hyde has been that he's a robo-manager with no feel for his players or how they're going...

#16 dude

dude

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,432 posts
  • LocationColumbus, GA

Posted 08 May 2024 - 05:59 PM

I guess Senzel wasn't looking for the middle-middle fastball.

#17 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,288 posts

Posted 08 May 2024 - 06:00 PM

He's a definite hole in the lineup filled with hitters slumping. 

#18 dude

dude

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,432 posts
  • LocationColumbus, GA

Posted 08 May 2024 - 06:00 PM

Good job getting out of it, but you may want to be not so much in the middle of the plate.

Let's get some runs and make this a laugher.

#19 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,641 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 08 May 2024 - 06:01 PM

Bradish is a firey little effer and I’m there for it.

#20 dude

dude

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,432 posts
  • LocationColumbus, GA

Posted 08 May 2024 - 06:10 PM

That's too bad for Mateo because Young was pulled well over in CF to  simplify that catch....If he's pull at all that's a double or triple.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=