#3 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,200 posts

Posted 29 April 2024 - 09:02 AM

Let see a big bounce back from Grayson.

He's on my trash heap fantasy team, so I expect him to get lit up like a Christmas tree.

#4 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,978 posts

Posted 29 April 2024 - 09:10 AM

Last year's team would have immediately forgotten about Oakland and then gone out and won 3 of 4 from the Yankees.  Let's see how resilient this year's team is.

• Mackus likes this

#5 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,745 posts

Posted 29 April 2024 - 09:58 AM

Don’t have a good feeling about this series with the shape our BP is in but you never know.
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#6 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,148 posts

Posted 29 April 2024 - 10:05 AM

Really surprising that you're not feeling good about an upcoming series :)

• BobPhelan, Mike B, BaltBird 24 and 1 other like this

#7 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,148 posts

Posted 29 April 2024 - 10:11 AM

Yankees are looking good, but their opponents haven't been all that good.  O's schedule has also seemed pretty weak, but at least a few of those teams are playing well.  O's opponents have a .520 winning percentage (excluding games vs O's), Yankees opponents only .460 winning percentage.  O's are 11-4 against teams over .500, Yankees are 4-2.

Don't know how much, if at all, any of that matters this early in the season.  Bullpen issues for the Orioles certainly could sink the series if they keep cropping up.  At least the starting rotation is set up nicely with Rodriguez, Kremer, Burnes and then either Means or Bradish set to pitch.  Hopefully SP and hitting will cover for the bullpen this week.

#8 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,668 posts

Posted 29 April 2024 - 11:52 AM

Os will compete but its fair to wonder how many they win with the way the pen is performing.

#9 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,200 posts

Posted 29 April 2024 - 11:54 AM

Os will compete but its fair to wonder how many they win with the way the pen is performing.

ROFL

#10 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,668 posts

Posted 29 April 2024 - 11:55 AM

ROFL

A day later and youre much more angry than I am kiddo

#11 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,200 posts

Posted 29 April 2024 - 11:57 AM

A day later and youre much more angry than I am kiddo

I'm not angry. It's ironic that you're literally saying the same things you tried to crap on me for saying less than 24 hours later.

#12 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,668 posts

Posted 29 April 2024 - 12:07 PM

I'm not angry. It's ironic that you're literally saying the same things you tried to crap on me for saying less than 24 hours later.

How in your warped brain do you get it is the same thing. Every single Os fan knows the Os have CURRENT issues with the pen. You make predictions/statememts about the whole season because of this stretch. Im saying the BP could still hurt us this series. Let me find the insane quote here

"Too many flaws. Bad bullpen. Streaky offense. Suspect miscues at the worst times. They still might be a year or two away"

Def the same thing we are doing

#13 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,200 posts

Posted 29 April 2024 - 12:19 PM

How in your warped brain do you get it is the same thing. Every single Os fan knows the Os have had CURRENT issues with the pen. You make predictions/statememts about the whole season because of this stretch. Im saying the BP could still hurt us this series. Let me find the insane quote here

"Too many flaws. Bad bullpen. Streaky offense. Suspect miscues at the worst times. They still might be a year or two away"

Def the same thing we are doing

As I recall (and ai cant dig for it at work), yesterday I said that their bullpen would cost them their season if they didn't improve it and you called for me to be banned.
  • JoyinMudville likes this

#14 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,772 posts

Posted 29 April 2024 - 01:00 PM

Yankees are looking good, but their opponents haven't been all that good.  O's schedule has also seemed pretty weak, but at least a few of those teams are playing well.  O's opponents have a .520 winning percentage (excluding games vs O's), Yankees opponents only .460 winning percentage.  O's are 11-4 against teams over .500, Yankees are 4-2.

Don't know how much, if at all, any of that matters this early in the season.  Bullpen issues for the Orioles certainly could sink the series if they keep cropping up.  At least the starting rotation is set up nicely with Rodriguez, Kremer, Burnes and then either Means or Bradish set to pitch.  Hopefully SP and hitting will cover for the bullpen this week.

That jumped out at me the other day. I mean obviously stranger things and all that, but the Yankees have only played 20% of their schedule to date vs teams above .500. 

#15 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,148 posts

Posted 29 April 2024 - 01:02 PM

That jumped out at me the other day. I mean obviously stranger things and all that, but the Yankees have only played 20% of their schedule to date vs teams above .500.

Haven't looked closely, but could be something weird where a bunch of games are against teams exactly at 500 or one or two games under. Early season strange stuff happens.

#16 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,518 posts

Posted 29 April 2024 - 02:51 PM

Let see a big bounce back from Grayson.  

Exactly.  Good start from Grayson.  Start there. 

Love to win tonight, get the first game in the series.

• BSLSteveBirrer likes this

#17 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,668 posts

Posted 29 April 2024 - 03:40 PM

Time is right for me to skip a night. You guys have fun dealing with slide and NMS melting down if we lose tonight.
  • Hooded Viper likes this

#18 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,518 posts

Posted 29 April 2024 - 04:36 PM

Gunnar Henderson SS
Adley Rutschman C
Ryan O’Hearn DH
Anthony Santander RF
Ryan Mountcastle 1B
Cedric Mullins CF
Jordan Westburg 2B
Colton Cowser LF
Ramón Urías 3B

#19 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,772 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 29 April 2024 - 05:04 PM

Kjerstad must have taken Hyde's parking spot in. ST

#20 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,668 posts

Posted 29 April 2024 - 05:05 PM

Kjerstad must have taken Hyde's parking spot in. ST

In a series against the Yankees especially who exactly should he be starting ahead of??????

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=