Photo

BSL: EA Sports College Football Is Returning!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 BSLRoseKatz

BSLRoseKatz

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,888 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 04 February 2021 - 09:04 AM

BSL: EA Sports College Football Is Returning!

https://baltimorespo...l-is-returning/

• BSLChrisStoner and Mike in STL like this

she/her

#2 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 04 February 2021 - 11:46 AM

The cool thing about the old games were if you had say NCAA 05, and Madden 05’, you could export the draft class from NCAA franchise mode into Madden franchise mode each year. So I’d play a season on NCAA, then Madden, then back to NCAA, the Ravens ended up having a lot of Maryland players lol.

I’m skeptical of this new game though. I’ve been turned off by football games in recent years because they are so focused on “ultimate teams” and cards and stuff they want you to buy, that the games itself never really evolve.

I wonder without the NCAA license what things will be missing. I don’t know what they own and what they don’t, so will they have bowl games in the game? Records? Not having all the teams is a turn off. I think they need to allow the user to customize as much as they want. It’s disappointing when games half ass it. I remember golf games at times didn’t have rights to the Masters, so in a career mode the first major would be like “Southeast championship” or something generic, at a random course. NASCAR games used to not have Daytona for a long time. It sucks.

Not worried about player likeness. They can easily get around the likeness of players while keeping the skills in line. If it came out this year the Clemson QB would be QB #16, white dude, long hair, elite passing ratings. So to get around that just make him QB #17, black dude, short hair, same elite passer ratings. People are going to edit these and send out patches anyway. Pretty sure there is still a group that plays MVP baseball 2003 and they just edit rosters and add players along the way.
  • BSLRoseKatz likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#3 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,311 posts

Posted 04 February 2021 - 12:23 PM

Yeah wait and see approach on a few levels. Not just with how they work out the teams and players but also because its EA. People generally don't like Madden or really any of the sports games EA makes.

#4 BSLRoseKatz

BSLRoseKatz

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,888 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 04 February 2021 - 12:26 PM

Yeah getting the rights to things is always tricky, FIFA lost the rights to Juventus in Italy two years ago so now Ronaldo plays for a generic team called Piemonte Calcio, which looks really tacky 

she/her

#5 JohnDowd

JohnDowd
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 05 February 2021 - 09:19 AM

I want the mascot to be able to play each other and the return of the rivalry trophies.

• BSLChrisStoner and Mike in STL like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=