#2 dude

dude

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,573 posts
  • LocationColumbus, GA

Posted 01 December 2022 - 06:27 PM

This doesn't feel like an evaluation.  What's the overall evaluation based on this rollup of things?  Agreed everyone may have a different take on the different aspects...that's the associated discussion/defense...but if you don't make some overall grades (or whatever)...have we done an evaluation?

Here's the list of topic areas identified by Dubroff.  I added one at the end he refers to but doesn't isolate.

I think there's a number of contextual perspectives you could use to do this work, I don't think it matters which you choose if you describe it and stay consistent.

For the Super-cliff notes version I'll just include grades, may break out and discuss.

Off-field personnel: A-

On-field personnel: B

Orioles 40-man roster: C   (not specific but I'd include ML 'player development' here)

Minor League Players: A-  (not specific but I'd include MiL 'player development' here)

Trades: C

Waivers: A

International signings: B+

Winning: F

Overall: Incomplete

#3 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,247 posts

Posted 01 December 2022 - 09:51 PM

This doesn't feel like an evaluation.  What's the overall evaluation based on this rollup of things?  Agreed everyone may have a different take on the different aspects...that's the associated discussion/defense...but if you don't make some overall grades (or whatever)...have we done an evaluation?

Here's the list of topic areas identified by Dubroff.  I added one at the end he refers to but doesn't isolate.

I think there's a number of contextual perspectives you could use to do this work, I don't think it matters which you choose if you describe it and stay consistent.

For the Super-cliff notes version I'll just include grades, may break out and discuss.

Off-field personnel: A-

On-field personnel: B

Orioles 40-man roster: C   (not specific but I'd include ML 'player development' here)

Minor League Players: A-  (not specific but I'd include MiL 'player development' here)

Trades: C

Waivers: A

International signings: B+

Winning: F

Overall: Incomplete

How is there not an overall grade.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=