• ShoNuff07 likes this

#2 ShoNuff07

ShoNuff07
  • Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 27 December 2018 - 06:17 PM

This list is not bad but it smells of funky politics big time

https://usatodayhss....d-football-team

Unfortunately, you took the words RIGHT out of my mouth!

#3 TheGuru

TheGuru

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 671 posts

Posted 27 December 2018 - 08:06 PM

Gooch & Sho, explanation please. Who are your glaring inclusions & omissions?

#4 Gooch

Gooch

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 741 posts

Posted 27 December 2018 - 09:22 PM

Come on Guru I say this with all due respect but if those are the Offensive and Defensive players of the year I must was watching the wrong games all year .

#5 TheGuru

TheGuru

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 671 posts

Posted 27 December 2018 - 09:28 PM

Come on Guru I say this with all due respect but if those are the Offensive and Defensive players of the year I must was watching the wrong games all year .

I wasn’t being an ass. I want your opinions.

#6 Gooch

Gooch

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 741 posts

Posted 27 December 2018 - 09:43 PM

I know the list is complete bs imo they went with who had stars than productivity Braswell kid should be a scratch Lenon and Wooden from your school had better numbers this year than the DPOY no Jacobs or Thornton at WR Tucker had a better year than Lloyd Corum had a better year than Bangda man I can go on and on Umbarger had a great year at QB Johnson second team d lineman is bs

#7 ShoNuff07

ShoNuff07
  • Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 27 December 2018 - 10:01 PM

Osita Smith of Wilde Lake.  A very good player and I think will do well at West Va.  But you take a look at his highlights (https://www.hudl.com...eec4a052458b8d3 ) and over 70% of it is him on offense or returning back punts.  Maybe as an all-purpose, but this year not as a DB.

I agree with Gooch regarding Bangda, VERY hard to put up All State numbers when you are splitting time with a back like Blake Corum, who put up some good numbers.

#8 MaroonTiger

MaroonTiger
  • Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 28 December 2018 - 12:35 AM

Not having Thornton or Jacobs as first team is wild.  Tucker not making even the 2nd team. 1600 yard season in the MIAA. Wax not making it as a LB...craziness. Spalding's OL didn't make it.... Billy Wooden. Cmon Man. 

#9 Gooch

Gooch

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 741 posts

Posted 28 December 2018 - 04:01 AM

Hart didn’t have a better year than Jacobs or Thornton that’s a fact this list was manipulated big time tbh Atkins had a better year imo than the Oakdale QB but it looked like the MIAA kids got slighted big time and I know why 🤷🏿‍♂️ No Marlow Wax gtfoh more dominant year than the two GC linebackers

#10 Gooch

Gooch

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 741 posts

Posted 28 December 2018 - 07:44 AM

No Franks from Gilman definitely had a better individual season than all the o lineman listed despite his teams record these teams are like rankings they are politically driven that’s why I expose them every chance I get

#11 oldballcoach

oldballcoach

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 590 posts

Posted 28 December 2018 - 08:22 AM

Wax not on first team is a joke best LB I have seen this year

#12 Gooch

Gooch

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 741 posts

Posted 28 December 2018 - 08:44 AM

Wax not on first team is a joke best LB I have seen this year

I totally agree

#13 Genius Movement

Genius Movement
  • Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 28 December 2018 - 12:50 PM

That Oakdale QB is an athletic stud who can play in all types of weather conditions. He runs for 60 yard touchdowns and is a NFL prototype quarterback. He outran player of the year Wande Owens. He is a stud that doesn't get his props on this forum because he plays for a public school

#14 Genius Movement

Genius Movement
  • Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 28 December 2018 - 12:51 PM

The Good Counsel linebackers shut Wax down and played against way better competition

#15 Genius Movement

Genius Movement
  • Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 28 December 2018 - 12:54 PM

I agree that Thornton or Jacob's should've been first team

#16 oldballcoach

oldballcoach

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 590 posts

Posted 28 December 2018 - 01:51 PM

That’s funny. Wax ran for 85 yards against Counsel while also playing middle linebacker and on most of the special teams. Kid never left the field. Whenever he needed a blow they pulled him off the offense. Not sure what game you’re watching He was about the only bright spot of the Good Counsel game for a MSJ

#17 oldballcoach

oldballcoach

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 590 posts

Posted 28 December 2018 - 01:52 PM

I do agree with you about Jacobs I cannot believe that kid is not on the list. He is one of the best football players in the entire state regardless of position

#18 BCFan

BCFan
  • Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 28 December 2018 - 02:32 PM

Lots of people forget Wax just turned 16 as a Junior. I see the hype machine working for lots of holdbacks that are 18 year old juniors. Lots of these kids ain’t so special when you put them in their normal class. Now let’s bump them a year ahead of where they are supposed to be. Wax still growing and maturing. He’s one of best players in the state and may be the #1 16 year d in the state IMO.

#19 oldballcoach

oldballcoach

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 590 posts

Posted 28 December 2018 - 02:58 PM

BC that is awesome didn’t know he was so young. Even non hold backs are 17 or turning as juniors. Great to see a kid succeed doing it the (IMO) right way

#20 Gooch

Gooch

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 741 posts

Posted 28 December 2018 - 03:02 PM

That 2020 class in Md is sick I think we have the best kids in the country in that class period I told them fools that in the national board

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=