https://www.profootb...-to-a-16-teamer

#3 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,255 posts

Posted 15 June 2018 - 09:52 PM

So I'm in a dynasty league. Got offered an interesting trade. I have Kelce and D.J. Moore. and another team offered me A.J. Green and their 2019 first (which, their team is super young, but will definitely be contending for the first overall pick next year, so I'm looking at a guaranteed top 5 2019 rookie pick next year)

I'm kind of torn right now on that offer. Right now I have Kelce and Gronk, so I wouldn't be killing myself at TE. But losing Moore on top of it kind of stings. And I'm not sure how I feel about AJ Green this year, and moving forward. 

My line-up if I made that trade would be:

QB: Rodgers

RB: Zeke

RB: Hunt

WR: Julio Jones

WR: AJ Green

TE: Gronk

Flex: Jeffery

Flex: Kerryon Johnson/Westbrook/Eifert/Dez Bryant (if he ever gets a new team)

Without making that trade my current line-up would be

QB: Rodgers

RB: Zeke

RB: Hunt

WR: Julio Jones

WR: Jeffery

TE: Gronk

Flex: Kelce

Flex: Kerryon Johnson/Westbrook/Eifert/Dez Bryant/Moore

I'm torn on which line-up I'd like better. I like having Kelce there as my super back-up for the inevitable Gronk injury.

#4 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,677 posts

Posted 28 June 2018 - 08:44 PM

ESPN: 2018 fantasy football top-200 PPR rankings
http://www.espn.com/...ankings-top-200

#5 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,677 posts

Posted 01 July 2018 - 05:39 PM

PFF: Metrics that Matter: 2017's least consistent fantasy scorers

#6 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,677 posts

Posted 02 July 2018 - 05:50 PM

SI: Fantasy Football Top 300 Rankings
https://www.si.com/f...player-rankings

#7 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,226 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 11 July 2018 - 07:44 AM

My league voted for the first time to do an auction draft.

Any pointers/suggestions/helpful links from those that have done auction in the past? I've done a baseball auction but it isn't nearly as serious as how we take fantasy football. 

#8 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,360 posts

Posted 25 July 2018 - 10:27 AM

Do I keep Jay Ajayi for $20 or Dalvin Cook for $40?

I'm already keeping ODB for $40, David Johnson for $30, and Michael Thomas for $20.  Plus I acquired $66 in auction budget in trading away players last season as my team was decimated by injuries.

#9 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,360 posts

Posted 25 July 2018 - 10:30 AM

Any pointers/suggestions/helpful links from those that have done auction in the past? I've done a baseball auction but it isn't nearly as serious as how we take fantasy football. 

Be very aggressive in the middle third of the draft (or 2nd and 3rd quarters).  Star players go for more than you planned early on, it's ok to target one or two guys and pay a lot for them.  But the best values are the 2nd tier guys that get put up for bid say as the 20th-50th guys.  By the time you are at the end of the auction, there will be a couple teams who have lots of money left to spend, so they can overpay for $5-10 guys at the end of the auction.

When it's your turn to put a guy up for bid, put up a kicker, starting with the best one.  You either will get the best kicker left for $1 or force some other team to pay $2 for their freaking kicker.  Never pay more than $1 for a kicker.  You can do the same thing with defenses, too, although the top few defenses are worth spending more than $1 on.  After the obvious defenses go, then use the same strategy with the $1 defenses.

Don't bid up anybody unless you are comfortable purchasing the player at the price you bid.  Getting other teams to spend more money is a minor victory.  Getting stuck with a guy you don't really want at a price above what anyone else is willing to pay is a big loss.

• Chris B likes this

#10 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,226 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 25 July 2018 - 10:35 AM

Be very aggressive in the middle third of the draft (or 2nd and 3rd quarters). Star players go for more than you planned early on, it's ok to target one or two guys and pay a lot for them. But the best values are the 2nd tier guys that get put up for bid say as the 20th-50th guys. By the time you are at the end of the auction, there will be a couple teams who have lots of money left to spend, so they can overpay for $5-10 guys at the end of the auction.

When it's your turn to put a guy up for bid, put up a kicker, starting with the best one. You either will get the best kicker left for $1 or force some other team to pay $2 for their freaking kicker. Never pay more than $1 for a kicker. You can do the same thing with defenses, too, although the top few defenses are worth spending more than $1 on. After the obvious defenses go, then use the same strategy with the $1 defenses.

Don't bid up anybody unless you are comfortable purchasing the player at the price you bid. Getting other teams to spend more money is a minor victory. Getting stuck with a guy you don't really want at a price above what anyone else is willing to pay is a big loss.

Thanks Mackus. Doesn't mean much but I did my first mock auction over the weekend and came out pleasantly surprised. Did pretty much your strategy: went big on Bell and Kamara, then waited until 20 or so other players gotten and landed Tyreek Hill. It's more just getting used to the various strategies/philosophies but I enjoyed it. Will probably do a few more just to get the gist of it.

Justin Tucker will surely be my first nomination. I cannot wait to sucker one of my friends in to spending more than $1 on him.

#11 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,685 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 27 July 2018 - 08:43 AM

Thanks Mackus. Doesn't mean much but I did my first mock auction over the weekend and came out pleasantly surprised. Did pretty much your strategy: went big on Bell and Kamara, then waited until 20 or so other players gotten and landed Tyreek Hill. It's more just getting used to the various strategies/philosophies but I enjoyed it. Will probably do a few more just to get the gist of it.

Justin Tucker will surely be my first nomination. I cannot wait to sucker one of my friends in to spending more than $1 on him.

How long did the auction draft take to complete? Wouldn't mind making the switch for my league as well.

#12 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,455 posts

Posted 27 July 2018 - 08:56 AM

Do I keep Jay Ajayi for $20 or Dalvin Cook for $40?

I'm already keeping ODB for $40, David Johnson for $30, and Michael Thomas for $20. Plus I acquired $66 in auction budget in trading away players last season as my team was decimated by injuries.

Cook.

I'm keeping him for $37. The guy is a stud and the Vikings are going to be stout on both sides of the ball. They'll run him a lot.

I'm going to keep 3 RB's: Cook ($37), Kamara ($6) and Collins ($6). My WR options would be Cooks ($37) and Green ($50) and I could get them cheaper in the draft than I would by keeping them.
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#13 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,455 posts

Posted 27 July 2018 - 08:59 AM

Throw out guys you don't have interest in early so everyone else bids them up and spends money. Defenses too. Start naming guys you want after everyone has thrown out a name 3 times.

But when someone does throw out a player you want don't be afraid to spend money. And don't keep money in your pocket. Also, spend on your starters. Your bench should be high upside $1-$3 guys. Rookies, #2 or #3 RB's, etc.
  • Chris B likes this
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#14 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,226 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 27 July 2018 - 09:36 AM

How long did the auction draft take to complete? Wouldn't mind making the switch for my league as well.

On the mock auction on Yahoo, it might have taken 1.5 hours? 2 tops. I also think it'll go quicker with an active group, as that mock had several players that left the auction app before, midway, throughout the entire time, which of course slows things down as the computer auto-picks.

• DuffMan likes this

#15 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,455 posts

Posted 27 July 2018 - 10:09 AM

On the mock auction on Yahoo, it might have taken 1.5 hours? 2 tops. I also think it'll go quicker with an active group, as that mock had several players that left the auction app before, midway, throughout the entire time, which of course slows things down as the computer auto-picks.

Auctions for our FF league can take 3 hours or more. Depends on how many owners you have, and how many roster spots there are.

#16 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,360 posts

Posted 27 July 2018 - 11:13 AM

2 1/2 - 3 hours is typical for my league.  It's definitely more of a process than a snake draft.  And you need to pay attention all the time, or at least most of the time.

#17 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 31 July 2018 - 02:16 PM

Yahoo is starting a college football fantasy league. Same style as the NFL game.

Let my guess the expert strategy. 

1. Draft a team full of Big 12 QBs, WRs and TEs

2. Drat a Big 10 RB

3. Draft an SEC DEF

4. Roll the dice

5. Dominate

@BSLMikeRandall

#18 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,429 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 31 July 2018 - 02:22 PM

Yahoo is starting a college football fantasy league. Same style as the NFL game.

2. Drat a Big 10 RB
3. Draft an SEC DEF
4. Roll the dice
5. Dominate

Gotta look at some smaller schools that win games 55-50

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#19 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,226 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 31 July 2018 - 02:23 PM

2. Drat a Big 10 RB

3. Draft an SEC DEF

4. Roll the dice

5. Dominate

Thought this wasn't legal...did the recent gambling verdict by the Supreme Court change this?

#20 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 01 August 2018 - 12:18 AM

Thought this wasn't legal...did the recent gambling verdict by the Supreme Court change this?

Possibly. I don't know.

@BSLMikeRandall

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=