#2 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 07 September 2022 - 08:54 AM

I expect a lot of emotion tonight.  Manoah is going to be tough.  It may come down to Kremer being able to hold serve, and which team gets into the others tired pen first.

• BSLSteveBirrer likes this
@mikeghg

#3 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,051 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 07 September 2022 - 09:30 AM

Gotta show a lot of patience at the plate tonight. Work Manoah and get to their pen. Huge test for Kremer.

#4 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 07 September 2022 - 09:52 AM

Gotta show a lot of patience at the plate tonight. Work Manoah and get to their pen. Huge test for Kremer.

Agreed, but Manoah is a strike thrower working counts is not going to be easy.

@mikeghg

#5 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,873 posts

Posted 07 September 2022 - 09:54 AM

Tyler Wells will be reinstated from the Injured List and is scheduled to start for the Orioles tonight. It was Dean Kremer.

#6 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,674 posts

Posted 07 September 2022 - 10:05 AM

Tyler Wells will be reinstated from the Injured List and is scheduled to start for the Orioles tonight. It was Dean Kremer.

His last start was July 27th.  We're going to drop him right back into starting... particularly today vs. Toronto?  Maybe it will go fine. Just a little surprised.  Thought he'd be up in the pen, and might work back to starting...  just surprised it's right away.

• Mike B and DuffMan like this

#7 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,348 posts

Posted 07 September 2022 - 10:24 AM

Seems crazy. Only threw 2.1 rehab innings. I'd rather start Kremer and have Wells ready to give several innings to give the pen a rest. 

#8 85Knight

85Knight

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts

Posted 07 September 2022 - 10:38 AM

Dan Connolly@danconnolly2016·

This is a shocker. I was hoping he'd be back in the rotation next week to replace Watkins. I'm not sure how I feel about this.

#9 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,452 posts

Posted 07 September 2022 - 10:42 AM

I am not crazy about this.

Wells hasn't pitched in over a month and DK has been pitching well lately. This is a must-win game. Why pitch a guy coming back from the IL instead of who has become your best pitcher in the last month??

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#10 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,452 posts

Posted 07 September 2022 - 10:43 AM

This is a shocker. I was hoping he'd be back in the rotation next week to replace Watkins. I'm not sure how I feel about this.

Right. Use him to replace Watkins in his next start.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#11 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 07 September 2022 - 10:49 AM

His last start was July 27th.  We're going to drop him right back into starting... particularly today vs. Toronto?  Maybe it will go fine. Just a little surprised.  Thought he'd be up in the pen, and might work back to starting...  just surprised it's right away.

It would make more sense if one was a left hander.  

I would rather see Wells in the pen.

@mikeghg

#12 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,452 posts

Posted 07 September 2022 - 10:54 AM

Wells was pretty bad in his last 4 starts before the injury.

You gotta roll with Kremer here.

#13 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,452 posts

Posted 07 September 2022 - 10:54 AM

Starting to wonder if Lyles had COVID and Kremer has it too. I see no reason to start Wells over Kremer.

#14 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,247 posts

Posted 07 September 2022 - 10:56 AM

This is baffling. Kremer has been really good. He leads our team in fWAR. Does Tor lineup murder him? Is he sick or hurt? I feel it has to be more about him. What are we doing here?

#15 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,348 posts

Posted 07 September 2022 - 10:56 AM

Roch said Wells will be more of an opener today and Kremer is expected to follow.

Maybe they just asked them both who wanted to start/relieve and that’s what they came up with. Who knows?

Also Watkins optioned.
  • You Play to Win the Game and BSLSteveBirrer like this

#16 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 07 September 2022 - 10:59 AM

Wells is there to plunk Bichette, then when he gets tossed it’ll be Kremer coming in.
  • DuffMan likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#17 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,452 posts

Posted 07 September 2022 - 11:01 AM

Roch said Wells will be more of an opener today and Kremer is expected to follow.

Maybe they just asked them both who wanted to start/relieve and that’s what they came up with. Who knows?

Also Watkins optioned.

Well, I guess that makes sense. But I'd rather use Wells as the fall-back option if needed. Kremer's last starty vs Toronto, 7 IP, 2 ER, 6 K.

#18 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,358 posts

Posted 07 September 2022 - 11:02 AM

Only explanation I can think of is they want a very predictable warmup time for Wells coming back from injury and so they'll start him and let him go 1-2 innings then Kremer follows because he is more able to handle if his warmup routine will be a bit more unpredictable?

Seems like a bad idea to me. Just start Kremer. Only use Wells if necessary.
  • You Play to Win the Game, Mike B and makoman like this

#19 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,348 posts

Posted 07 September 2022 - 11:07 AM

Only explanation I can think of is they want a very predictable warmup time for Wells coming back from injury and so they'll start him and let him go 1-2 innings then Kremer follows because he is more able to handle if his warmup routine will be a bit more unpredictable?

Seems like a bad idea to me. Just start Kremer. Only use Wells if necessary.

That makes the most sense to me. Plus even Kremer's warm up can still be somewhat predictable because you know Wells is only going a couple innings, just be ready by 7:45-8. Whereas Kremer has a wide range of outcomes.

This is gonna look pretty dumb if it doesn't work though.

#20 85Knight

85Knight

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts

Posted 07 September 2022 - 11:09 AM

Also Watkins optioned.

I figured that was the case but I still don't like it. This seems a little too desperate to me. I'm sure some of those bullpen guys from the doubleheader are available and we have an off day tomorrow.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=