You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,347 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 02 October 2017 - 05:50 AM

More than 50 dead and 200 injured.

Shooter believed to have worked alone, and is dead... 64 years old, Stephen Paddock, a LV resident.

Country music festival outdoors at Mandalay Bay, Shooter opened fire from 32nd floor room overlooking the Jason Aldean concert, which was the final act of the weekend long festival.

#2 MKlein76

MKlein76

Sports Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts
  • LocationGlen Burnie, MD

Posted 02 October 2017 - 06:00 AM

http://www.cnn.com/2...oter/index.html

@MKlein76

#3 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 02 October 2017 - 06:36 AM

What...the fuck.

Just what the fuck.

#4 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,720 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 07:16 AM

Hard to guard against insanity, or those willing / looking to die by suicide or cop.

Don't care what the 'rationale' of this guy winds up being. Be it if it comes out he pledged himself to ISIS as some 64 year old American, or if he just wanted to shoot some country fans.

Whatever... just too many of these crazies who want to go out in a blaze of glory.

I hate how quickly I become indifferent to these events.  The sad truth is that we have so many mass shootings, it becomes white noise.

I think we could wind-up debating what logical next steps are....  but let's not do that here.

Let's just wish the best to the victims who are currently critical, give our best to the families who have to deal with loss of their loved ones.

Shed a tear that these poor people thought they were just out for a night of fun in Vegas, and instead that was the end of their life.

What a waste.

• Mike in STL likes this

#5 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,875 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 08:07 AM

Now they're saying 400+ injured.  What in the world makes a 64-year old accountant get an assault rifle and fire into a crowd of people?  I just can't understand it.

#6 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,426 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 08:43 AM

Similarly can't understand how anyone decides to do this.  Hope those that are injured can recover, hospitals in the area must be overwhelmed. 

No idea how you can ever stop or prevent attacks like this.  Obviously isn't a clear one-step solution.  I hate that as the body counts get bigger and bigger for the one huge attack we seem to have yearly or so, it desensitizes us to the "smaller" attacks that only kill a handful or two of people.

#7 Cisc-O's

Cisc-O's

Back by no demand

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,087 posts
  • LocationFresh Prince of .......

Posted 02 October 2017 - 09:05 AM

This guy is a scumbag and my heart goes out to everyone of those people.  I hope this was a lone act of crazy and not a group of people helping him.

<p>I am pretty sure Shack is thinking of PBR.

#8 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 02 October 2017 - 09:21 AM

The scary part to this isn't this one incident as much as it shines more light on how easy it is to attack more open targets.  Whether its a terrorist, ISIS, domestic terrorist, etc...this is the way to really get a lot of people with minimal effort and planning.

I am going to be interested to hear why.

#9 Icterus galbula

Icterus galbula

Half-Member, Half-Amazing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,224 posts
  • LocationThe Big Easy

Posted 02 October 2017 - 09:48 AM

I don't give a shit who this guy is or what his motive was. It's just a tragedy.

I don't know how we could possibly legislate it, but I hate that the second sentence in every article gives me his name. He wanted publicity, now he has it. Lowlifes getting their name on record. Call him "the murderer" or something.

#10 Icterus galbula

Icterus galbula

Half-Member, Half-Amazing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,224 posts
  • LocationThe Big Easy

Posted 02 October 2017 - 09:54 AM

No idea how you can ever stop or prevent attacks like this.  Obviously isn't a clear one-step solution.  I hate that as the body counts get bigger and bigger for the one huge attack we seem to have yearly or so, it desensitizes us to the "smaller" attacks that only kill a handful or two of people.

I think we all can agree that there is no one step solution. Respecting Stoner's wishes I'll simply say that any and every step should be thoughtfully considered. Life is too valuable.

#11 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 10:39 AM

I probably shouldn't speculate at this point  but its just unfathomable to me how dudes decide they're going to go out taking as many random people as they can with them. Just evil.

#12 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 02 October 2017 - 10:41 AM

Anyone find it odd that he was 64 years old? Seems old for something like this.

#13 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 10:49 AM

Anyone find it odd that he was 64 years old? Seems old for something like this.

The Congress shooter was 66. Fucking hippies.

#14 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 02 October 2017 - 10:57 AM

Up to 58 dead now

#15 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 02 October 2017 - 10:57 AM

My Mother and stepfather got to Vegas last night...

Was anxiously awaiting hearing from her this morning, thankfully she texted me and is safe in her hotel.

just so senseless all around. 

@beginthebegin71

#16 ChaosLex

ChaosLex

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,836 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 11:05 AM

ISIS is claiming he was a recent convert. They've made wild allegations like this before though.

@ChaosLex

Stannis Baratheon: "For the night is dark and full of terrors."

#17 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 02 October 2017 - 11:09 AM

My Mother and stepfather got to Vegas last night...

Was anxiously awaiting hearing from her this morning, thankfully she texted me and is safe in her hotel.

just so senseless all around. 

There is a big wedding convention out there this week.  My wife has a lot of friends out there.  Crazy when you know people who could be directly effected.

#18 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,875 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 11:43 AM

Michael Phelps was actually at that music festival, but only on the first night.  He was already home by Sunday.

#19 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 02 October 2017 - 11:44 AM

There is a big wedding convention out there this week.  My wife has a lot of friends out there.  Crazy when you know people who could be directly effected.

Really is. 

Obviously thoughts are with all, but when you wake up and read about this and your Mother is out there, man, it's scary. Logically, I wouldn't expect her to be at this concert, but you never know. Just so awful. 

@beginthebegin71

#20 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 02 October 2017 - 11:48 AM

Really is. 

Obviously thoughts are with all, but when you wake up and read about this and your Mother is out there, man, it's scary. Logically, I wouldn't expect her to be at this concert, but you never know. Just so awful. 

My first thought when my wife mentioned that a good friend of hers was there was, if you are into country music and that concert is going on, especially with the way that concert was, why not go there even if that wasn't your plan?  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=