Photo

College Basketball 2014-15 (Duke wins NC)

• Please log in to reply
4179 replies to this topic

#41 waroriole

waroriole

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 519 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 04:46 PM

Antoinie Mason being one of those transfers... leading scorer in the country last year.

MD Transfer Trayvon Reed officially in after the first semester I think...

Next year you get Danjel Purifoy who was looking at MD....

Mason and KT Harrell can fill it up at guard.

We signed a 4 star SF for next year too, as well as the top JC player again. Though, Peurifoy looks to be the best of the bunch. Pearl has made an impressive and immediate impact in recruiting. I love that he brought Chuck Person back to Auburn. He may be the heir apparent if Pearl bolts in a few years.

I thought that Reed wasn't coming in until next year, but you may be right. I know he's supposed to be very talented, but a bit of a maturity problem.

#42 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,226 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 16 November 2014 - 05:01 PM

How does Xavier look this year? Not sure if that one is going to be out of our reach.

We're a small team that rotates a lot of guards. I think we still are easing into Pearl's high pressure philosophy. A lot of times guys were headed back on D after a made basket instead of denying the inbounds pass.

We've got two returning starters in PG Dee Davis and C Matt Stainbrook, both seniors, who will lead the team.

X had a top 15 recruiting class, with 5 freshmen including starter SF Trevon Blueitt who scored 18 in the season opener. We also bring in transfer guard Remy Abell from Indiana who should see a lot of minutes.

Xavier was picked to finish 4th in the Big East by the coaches. I think that's a shade low...I'm thinking 2 or 3. Our size is probably our biggest strength. Stainbrook is fantastic down low, pretty much does everything right, including pass. Jalen Reynolds, sophomore, is expected to really blossom this year. He's a freak athlete that, if he plays smart and doesn't foul, could get to the NBA eventually.

Despite that, this team is still young. Just from perusing our message boards, a lot of people are expecting a loss down at Auburn.

#43 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,674 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 08:55 AM

NBC Sports / CBT: Kentucky stays No. 1, Harvard drops in College Basketball Talk’s latest Top 25

#44 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,674 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 09:17 AM

CBS Sports: Did Kentucky abandon it's platoon already?

http://www.cbssports...not-necessarily

#45 waroriole

waroriole

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 519 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 09:40 AM

We've got two returning starters in PG Dee Davis and C Matt Stainbrook, both seniors, who will lead the team.

X had a top 15 recruiting class, with 5 freshmen including starter SF Trevon Blueitt who scored 18 in the season opener. We also bring in transfer guard Remy Abell from Indiana who should see a lot of minutes.

Xavier was picked to finish 4th in the Big East by the coaches. I think that's a shade low...I'm thinking 2 or 3. Our size is probably our biggest strength. Stainbrook is fantastic down low, pretty much does everything right, including pass. Jalen Reynolds, sophomore, is expected to really blossom this year. He's a freak athlete that, if he plays smart and doesn't foul, could get to the NBA eventually.

Despite that, this team is still young. Just from perusing our message boards, a lot of people are expecting a loss down at Auburn.

We're still short on depth, especially in the post. I wouldn't expect to beat a team like Xavier at this point.

#46 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,340 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 17 November 2014 - 10:48 AM

SMU/Gonzaga at 11 PM should be a good game. Looking forward to it. Auburn/Colorado also interesting... but not interesting enough to stay up for the 1 AM tip off on a Monday night.

#47 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,226 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 17 November 2014 - 12:08 PM

NCAA announces that round of 64 is back to being called the first round in 2016. Why the wait? Just do it for this year.

Thank god.

Should move it to the Bahamas. RT @DavidWorlock: First Four to remain in Dayton through 2018.

Ew.

#48 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,429 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 17 November 2014 - 02:51 PM

Why in the world do they even play these games in Dayton?  Was the arena in Altoona, PA booked?

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#49 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,226 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 17 November 2014 - 03:01 PM

Why in the world do they even play these games in Dayton?  Was the arena in Altoona, PA booked?

The only reason I can see is that the city of Dayton loves college basketball but (until last year) was never able to root for a tournament team so they would sell out games for the First Four.

UD Arena is a dump though. 

#50 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 17 November 2014 - 03:03 PM

1. They always know where they are going to be so people can plan, especially for play-in games where teams only have a day to get there.

2. Reasonably-sized on-campus arena, so there is little chance of a conflict with, say, a circus or a concert or another major or minor league.

3. According to this map, the majority of Division I schools are located in the eastern third of the country, so Dayton is reasonably central to those teams.

4. Dayton usually draws well, and those games in particular have done well over the years. So little worry about empty seats or dead crowds.

@DJ_McCann

#51 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 17 November 2014 - 05:50 PM

Looked like a really good atmosphere Friday night. You're a Colorado fan, right? We're headed there Monday night. Should be a good one.

Auburn looks much improved. A lot of transfers. Cinmeon Bowers is a beast and we have some guards that can score. The Buffs should be a good test.

Yep, looking forward to the game.

@levineps

#52 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 17 November 2014 - 05:52 PM

SMU/Gonzaga at 11 PM should be a good game. Looking forward to it. Auburn/Colorado also interesting... but not interesting enough to stay up for the 1 AM tip off on a Monday night.

Sure it is. :wink:

@levineps

#53 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 18 November 2014 - 01:46 PM

Saying this cautiously, but this MIGHT be the year that Gonzaga lives up to the hype...

i say this knowing full well they never have. But something seems better about this team. 

@beginthebegin71

#54 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,429 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 03:03 PM

Saying this cautiously, but this MIGHT be the year that Gonzaga lives up to the hype...

i say this knowing full well they never have. But something seems better about this team. 

Once again, I'll be excited to have them losing in the second round to a middle-ranked power conference team.  Free points in the pool as far as I'm concerned.

@bopper33

#55 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 18 November 2014 - 03:09 PM

Once again, I'll be excited to have them losing in the second round to a middle-ranked power conference team.  Free points in the pool as far as I'm concerned.

Normally, i'd 100% agree with you.I said the same thing last year about Wichita....But watch them the next time they're on. Sabonis' kid is going to be a difference maker. 

@beginthebegin71

#56 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,674 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 04:28 PM

Was a nice game last night.

They are one of the teams I wished MD did a home and home with.

#57 waroriole

waroriole

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 519 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 05:29 PM

Yep, looking forward to the game.

You should've been. ;)

Glad I didn't stay up for that whooping.

#58 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,340 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 18 November 2014 - 05:33 PM

Just glanced up and saw that #16 SDSU was beating #25 Utah 31-24....... with 8 minutes left in the game. Weber loves it I'm sure.

#59 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,429 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 05:47 PM

Just glanced up and saw that #16 SDSU was beating #25 Utah 31-24....... with 8 minutes left in the game. Weber loves it I'm sure.

Such good defenses in college basketball!

@bopper33

#60 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 18 November 2014 - 06:29 PM

Was a nice game last night.

They are one of the teams I wished MD did a home and home with.

Does Gonzaga play teams from that third rate conference? :)

@beginthebegin71

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=