Delmarva Pitching Coach T. Mattes on Bundy, Bridwell, Others

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Luke Jackson

Luke Jackson
  • Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 01:34 PM

I have a new blog post up about Dylan Bundy, Parker Bridwell, Eduardo Rodriguez, Miguel Chalas and Zach Davies. http://www.mdprospor... ... nd-davies/ I spoke with Delmarva pitching coach Troy Mattes about these pitchers. Lots of interesting thoughts from Mattes, including the work Bundy is doing with his changeup, a future physical comp for Bridwell, how Rodriguez' fastball plays up, Chalas hitting 96, and Davies' advanced baseball IQ. Also have a little blurb on how Gabriel Lino is working with these pitchers. Check it out!
  • BSLChrisStoner, Adam Wolff and RichardZ like this
@BSLLukeJackson

#2 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,680 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 05:44 PM

Have to like the comments on Eduardo Rodriguez.

If Bundy's change up improves, it is pretty hard to imagine how overwhelming he will be.

Interesting comments on Bridwell as well.

Again, great work from Luke here.

#3 Luke Jackson

Luke Jackson
  • Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 06:47 PM

Have to like the comments on Eduardo Rodriguez.

If Bundy's change up improves, it is pretty hard to imagine how overwhelming he will be.

Interesting comments on Bridwell as well.

Again, great work from Luke here.

Thanks man.
@BSLLukeJackson

#4 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,680 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 08:14 AM

Bump.

#5 Tucker Blair

Tucker Blair

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts
  • LocationElkridge, MD

Posted 30 May 2012 - 12:10 PM

I'm really really big on Eduardo Rodriguez. I just love what I see and hear. I was honestly shocked at the beginning of the year when he was so low on people's prospect lists. It's like they didn't bother looking into him at all. Needless to say, I think he is an easy top 10 prospect in the system. I think I could convince a few people he is top 5 as well. Especially if Avery loses prospect status by the end of the year.

Chalas is an interesting guy. He has great stuff but the numbers are dreadful. I'm hearing mixed stuff on him, but I do like him. I think another season at Delmarva would be good enough to get a better idea of how he is..

Bridwell is the Orioles new enigma. I love him, and his stuff is up there with the best. Mattes had a really good analysis on him.

#6 Luke Jackson

Luke Jackson
  • Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 01:39 PM

I'm on my phone so I can't really look at game logs very well but I believe Chalas' starts have gotten progressively better as the season has gone along. He may get moved to Aberdeen when the NYPL starts; not sure. I was especially interested in what Mattes had to say about Rodriguez and Davies. He raved about them.
@BSLLukeJackson

#7 Luke Jackson

Luke Jackson
  • Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 01:53 PM

Bridwell is an interesting case. Saw him twice last year and have been a fan ever since. Last year's opening day in Aberdeen, Bridwell was on. Nine strikeouts in five innings with a wipeout slider. He was a three-sport guy in high school so he never really concentrated on pitching. But given his picture perfect frame (6-4, 190) and the obvious athleticism, it's not hard to dream on the projection and added velocity. Bridwell's BB numbers will be something to keep an eye on all season; hopefully they trend south.
@BSLLukeJackson

#8 Tucker Blair

Tucker Blair

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts
  • LocationElkridge, MD

Posted 30 May 2012 - 03:39 PM

I'm on my phone so I can't really look at game logs very well but I believe Chalas' starts have gotten progressively better as the season has gone along. He may get moved to Aberdeen when the NYPL starts; not sure. I was especially interested in what Mattes had to say about Rodriguez and Davies. He raved about them.

To Chalas credit, he gave up 9 runs or something like that one game. He has pitched much better since,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=