Photo

Where does last night (O's clinch division) rank for you?

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#41 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 18 September 2014 - 10:51 AM

The celebration afterwards is what made Tuesday night special, not the game, for sure.

I don't know if players usually come out and do what they did with the fans or not, looks like the Angels did something similar last night.  But I do know that it was awesome, and it was incredible to be a part of, and it's one of the most memorable "nights at the Yard" for me even if the actual game part of it was just another solid win.

Yeah if they do it on an off-day, it's not the same. For them to do it at home after they couldn't celebrate at home in 2012 due to the Angels game going extras and it being since 1969 that added to that. Hopefully in the future, we aren't celebrating division titles like this.

I think the Nats did two years ago (when they lost that game).

@levineps

#42 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 18 September 2014 - 10:54 AM

But it did inspire me to get this shirt:

pMLB2-19680332dt.jpg

They were selling t-shirts at the ballpark the other night after the game for $35, hood sweatshirts for $90 or $95, hats for $30, and pennants for $15. I couldn't justify buying any of those, if they had won the WS I would've in a heartbeat, but those aren't going to be worth that much in a few weeks.

@levineps

#43 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 18 September 2014 - 10:55 AM

Last night really snuck up on me. It wasn't until De Aza's triple that I started to get goosebumps. From 2012's run and last night I've realized the Orioles are so much more important to me than the Terps or Ravens. Those are sports teams I love, the O's are a part of me.

Yeah sounds similar to me, O's are clear #1.

@levineps

#44 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 18 September 2014 - 10:57 AM

It's a significant milestone on the way to returning the universe to it's proper order... as was the '12 season... but nothing's gonna matter a great deal to me until they get into the WS again.

Everybody remembers the WS teams... but nobody remembers the teams from '73 and '74.   Those were not satisfying seasons..

Not to play the age card, but it's a big deal to the younger generations especially to those who don't recall anything before 1998.

@levineps

#45 Markus

Markus

The Great Cornholio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,363 posts
  • LocationIn-N-Out Sucks, CA

Posted 18 September 2014 - 11:16 AM

They were selling t-shirts at the ballpark the other night after the game for $35, hood sweatshirts for $90 or $95, hats for $30, and pennants for $15. I couldn't justify buying any of those, if they had won the WS I would've in a heartbeat, but those aren't going to be worth that much in a few weeks.

Wow.  Online (at the O's store) they had 'em for much cheaper.  Like $25/$70 or so.

Lemme get two claps and a Ric Flair

#46 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 18 September 2014 - 11:22 AM

Wow.  Online (at the O's store) they had 'em for much cheaper.  Like $25/$70 or so.

Didn't bother to check them, the O's knew they could capitalize with this instantly and it's cooler to say you bought it at the ballpark within minutes of the actual clinch. The way I look at this is how often will I wear my "O's 2014 Division title t-shirt" for what I'm paying? I have more t-shirts than I need currently in my wardrobe and that's after donating many of them.

Don't forget these are the same sort of shirts that end up in third world countries when they don't end up winning.

@levineps

#47 Markus

Markus

The Great Cornholio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,363 posts
  • LocationIn-N-Out Sucks, CA

Posted 18 September 2014 - 11:28 AM

Yeah but then if you factor in S&H it'll probably be close to the same.

Lemme get two claps and a Ric Flair

#48 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 20 September 2014 - 08:19 PM

That shirt is $25 everywhere else.

Never buy anything at the Oriole store.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=