2 replies to this topic

#1 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,077 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 10:15 AM

CSN Washington: http://www.csnwashin...42&feedID=10316

Just hard to imagine the Jaguars hiring Edsall on multiple levels. Not going to sell a pro-audience on a college coach coming off of a 2-10 season. Of course the conspiracy folks will say that the Jaguars ownership does not want a successful product, because it will be easier to move to LA if the Jacksonville audience continues to evaporate.

Charlie Casserly was on CBS yesterday, and he said that Jaguars ownership wants a HC with a reputation for developing QB's. DOB's regression would seem to be another reason to eliminate Edsall.

Certainly it would be pretty ideal from a MD perspective.

#2 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,406 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 21 December 2011 - 01:15 AM

I can't help but think some people are trying to connect dots that don't really exist here. The way most NFL franchises experience turnover, how many front office people could still be left from when Edsall was in Jacksonville? Probably not people who hold a position of influence with the new owner.

And besides, even if he gets a mulligan, I don't know that Kevin Anderson would do any better the second time around.

#3 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 21 December 2011 - 01:48 AM

I can't help but think some people are trying to connect dots that don't really exist here. The way most NFL franchises experience turnover, how many front office people could still be left from when Edsall was in Jacksonville? Probably not people who hold a position of influence with the new owner.

And besides, even if he gets a mulligan, I don't know that Kevin Anderson would do any better the second time around.

I doubt this will happen especially since he went 2-10. But ill be willing to take the chance that KA finds another better coach if the opportunity presents itself. FYI, I would've kept Fridge and didn't like the whole argument "we need to sell tickets." Happy now?

All this being said, it's only fair to give Edsall a 2nd year. No permanent college coach to my knowledge has ever been fired with less than a single full season excluding scandals.
@levineps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=