#1 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 08:19 AM

So what are people looking for?

A few guys I'll be keeping an eye on are Franks and Brooks to see what kind of time/action they get at CB and how it goes.

Camparo/Aiken/Butler should get a good chance to try and prove who deserves those last two potential spots.

Still interested in the Bynes/Brown fight for time.  Can Brown prove to be effective against the run?

Also interested to see how the starting front seven holds up against the run.  Especially the edge setting.  Are they getting comfortable with Mosley/Smith covering their spots between the hashes?  If they can get comfortable with that things could really improve.

Gilmore should get a lot of time at TE, especially if the Ravens rest Daniels as they are indicating they might. He's getting good reviews as a run blocker, but not so great as a pass catcher.

Could be fun to watch Smith and Bryant go at it too.  I'd be surprised if they aren't matched up.

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

#2 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,357 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 01:49 PM

RSR: What to watch for

http://russellstreet...t-to-watch-for/

#3 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 02:00 PM

RSR: What to watch for

http://russellstreet...t-to-watch-for/

The backup OL is a lost cause if you ask me.  Major injuries at OL, CB or QB will derail this team completely for the year.  Right now you might be able to argue that KO was the MVP last year.  

#4 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 02:15 PM

I wonder if we'll see any Tony Romo?  I believe his back is still sore,  you know, from carrying the rest of the team.

• Mike in STL likes this
¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

#5 Greg Pappas

Greg Pappas

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 15 August 2014 - 03:49 PM

I wonder if we'll see any Tony Romo?  I believe his back is still sore,  you know, from carrying the rest of the team.

Yes he will, according to this.

#6 Chris Schisler

Chris Schisler
  • Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 08:36 PM

The Baltimore Ravens travel to Dallas for their second preseason game on Saturday night. With the exhibition game approaching the Ravens defense is the main exhibit for Baltimore’s faithful. After a lack luster showing in the first game the defensive starters have a real test. An impressive showing against the star studded Cowboys offense would alleviate concern in the defense. The starters are expected to play into the second quarter.

The Cowboys offensive line has been greatly upgraded in the past two years; it will be a great way to measure the defensive front’s merit. The Ravens battle at nose guard between the incumbent Brandon Williams and rookie, Timmy Jernigan will be very intriguing.

Williams has shown freakish strength but has been rather inconsistent. Jernigan is more explosive off the line in terms of quickness. The two young defensive tackles have a legitimate chance at the starting job. One thing is certain, they both have tremendous upside.

The Ravens defense do a better job setting the edge. The 49ers running backs were able to get to the outside with relative edge. The Ravens need to have stronger play from their defensive ends as well as better outside contain from their outside linebackers. This is where Courtney Upshaw specifically needs to step up.

The secondary is the big area of concern. With Ladarius Webb sitting out for cautionary reasons the Ravens are thin at corner. This is not really a horrible problem to have in the preseason. It provides valuable reps for the young and unproven. It will be interesting to see if Asa Jackson plays. Jackson suffered a minor injury earlier this week. If Jackson is healthy enough it is presumable that he, not Chykie Brown will fill Webb’s position. Jackson was more impressive last week. Darian Stewart is the clear frontrunner for the free safety job, though I think Terrence Brooks will start to have it click. That will be of great interest to me.
  • BSLChrisStoner, You Play to Win the Game and SammyBirdland like this
@footballman58

#7 BSLMattJergensen

BSLMattJergensen

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 978 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 01:27 PM

BSL: Dime Coverage: Pre-Season #2 - Ravens vs. Cowboys

http://baltimorespor...ens-vs-cowboys/

Some of my thoughts on tonight's game are up.

• BSLChrisStoner and Mike in STL like this

#8 fishteacher

fishteacher

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,887 posts
  • LocationHarrisburg, PA

Posted 16 August 2014 - 06:11 PM

I got me a feeling our defense is going to be much better than expected or rated in fantasy football.

I'm here to do two things...chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum. ~ Roddy Piper
@therealjfisher

#9 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,357 posts

Stewart up to get Murray. 2 and 19 for Dallas.

#10 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,357 posts

Romo to Bryant... Bryant gets the extra yards for the 1st. Plenty of time.

#11 fishteacher

fishteacher

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,887 posts
  • LocationHarrisburg, PA

Dez Bryant is going to have a better year than Megatron...you heard it here.

I'm here to do two things...chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum. ~ Roddy Piper
@therealjfisher

#12 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,357 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 06:13 PM

Another 1st for Dallas... Bryant and Smith battling on the sideline. Smith shaken up.

#13 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,357 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 06:14 PM

Dez Bryant is going to have a better year than Megatron...you heard it here.

Bryant is a beast, isn't he? Very fluid for his size.

#14 fishteacher

fishteacher

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,887 posts
  • LocationHarrisburg, PA

Posted 16 August 2014 - 06:14 PM

Man, we can't afford to lose Jimmy Smith at all......

@therealjfisher

#15 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,357 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 06:16 PM

Seeing Smith shaken-up is scary.  Glad he looks okay.

#16 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,357 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 06:16 PM

Upshaw to the house on the fumble... !

#17 fishteacher

fishteacher

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,887 posts
  • LocationHarrisburg, PA

Posted 16 August 2014 - 06:17 PM

Bryant is a beast, isn't he? Very fluid for his size.

I am in a value-system keeper league, and I have 4 major players to decide on to keep....the following players + the round I would lose if I kept them are follows....I can keep 2.

A. Peterson - 1st rounder (was a keeper last year)

P. Manning - 1st or 2nd round (was a  keeper last year also)

M. Forte - 1st round pick or 2nd since he was my 1st round pick last year when I only lost my 2nd and 3rd rounders keeping Peterson and Manning.

Dez - 4th rounder

I am thinking of keeping Forte & Dez Bryant and losing my 1st and 4th rounders...I'd still have some solid value between them, and I think Dez is gone by the 3rd round.

@therealjfisher

#18 fishteacher

fishteacher

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,887 posts
  • LocationHarrisburg, PA

Posted 16 August 2014 - 06:21 PM

So glad the game feed is spotty even on FIOS....Get your shit togehter Ravens' TV!

@therealjfisher

#19 fishteacher

fishteacher

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,887 posts
  • LocationHarrisburg, PA

Posted 16 August 2014 - 06:21 PM

Hey James Hanna.....you're cut.

@therealjfisher

#20 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,544 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 16 August 2014 - 06:22 PM

Hope Smith isn't badly hurt.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users