https://www.cbssport...ed-to-land-him/

#704 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,394 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 23 January 2023 - 06:10 PM

Arte Moreno will not be selling the team.

https://twitter.com/...660352782540803

#705 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,563 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 23 January 2023 - 06:57 PM

What a disaster. No farm system, Ohtani leaving after this year, Trout always hurt, a bunch of older guys on short term deals filling out the team. They better hope they make a deep run this year…

#706 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,553 posts

Posted 01 April 2023 - 09:17 AM

Rendon recorded while accosting A's fan

Angels’ Anthony Rendon Investigated for Attacking Fan (thedailybeast.com)

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#707 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 09 June 2023 - 08:58 AM

Pondering Mike Trout's Sluggish Start

#708 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,492 posts

Posted 09 June 2023 - 10:01 AM

Amazing that the Angels have squandered the prime years of one of the best player of this generation and a once in a lifetime talent. To have 1 playoff appearance in that time is a special kind of incompetence.
  • Mackus likes this

#709 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,377 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 09 June 2023 - 10:20 AM

Amazing that the Angels have squandered the prime years of one of the best player of this generation and a once in a lifetime talent. To have 1 playoff appearance in that time is a special kind of incompetence.

Not drafting well is always going to kill a team, but everytime they made a splash it was a hitter, and they needed to balance the pitching staff and never did.

Pujols I understand, but they suffered during Trout for the end of that deal. Had they signed Cole instead of Rendon in 2019 it would be a different team.

I think it's much easier to find role player and value signing position players than it is to sign needle moving SP.

The Dylan Bundy trade I thought was a good one from their POV, take a flyer on someone the O's screwed up, if he rebounds even a bit, that's a good mid to back rotation piece. It didn't work out, but the problem is that they are shopping for SP like the O's do, from the value bin.

Now if they go splash to resign Otani, with Trout and Redon on the payroll, they are bargain hunting for pitching again. Probably better to deal pieces and rebuild from scratch.

@JeremyMStrain

#710 BSLRoseKatz

BSLRoseKatz

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 11 June 2023 - 09:07 PM

Angels are 36-31, 1.5 games out of a playoff spot. Imagine how interesting it'd be if they buy to try to get the most they can out of the final year of Ohtani. 

she/her

#711 weird-O

weird-O

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,210 posts
  • LocationI'm here from downtown, I'm here from Mitch and Murray.

Posted 12 June 2023 - 08:04 AM

You have to commend a player that's willing to stay with his team. But he had to have known that staying in Anaheim meant minimal post season opportunities. Some will say, "he stayed for the money". But there are at least a few other teams that could have and would have matched or raised the Angels offer. Still, it's a crying shame we haven't, and probably never will, see him in a meaningful post season run while in his prime.  

Good news! I saw a dog today.

#712 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 18 August 2023 - 01:36 PM

The Angels are calling up Nolan Schanuel a first baseman who was the 11th pick in this years draft.  They must need him so they can go undefeated the rest of the year and still miss the playoffs.

@mikeghg

#713 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,712 posts

Posted 18 August 2023 - 01:59 PM

Man the Angels are weird.  They don't even let pitchers play for the first year but they're calling up the 1st round pick after a few weeks at AA.

• Mike B likes this

#714 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,841 posts

Posted 18 August 2023 - 02:10 PM

The Schanuel move is more desperation. Prob all Moreno too.
  • Mike B likes this

#715 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,630 posts

Posted 18 August 2023 - 03:44 PM

The Schanuel move is more desperation. Prob all Moreno too.

Actually this move makes the most sense so long as they're doing it with the notion they are in fact, out of it this year. It would appear they've been fast tracking their first round draft picks for a while now (probably something to do with the fact their AAA team plays at 4,000+ feet above sea level). See what they have in this kid for next season, cuz they don't have a first baseman on the roster who they'll want to trot out there, plus there are many other holes to fill via FA. At any rate, he won't lose his rookie status next year.

#716 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,563 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 18 August 2023 - 03:49 PM

It’s between them and the Rockies for worst organization in the sport.

#717 BSLRoseKatz

BSLRoseKatz

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 18 August 2023 - 05:43 PM

Promoting Zach Neto has gone fine for them too, 96 OPS+ as a rookie in 200+ PAs is a pretty nice foundation to build on 

she/her

#718 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,563 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 18 August 2023 - 06:06 PM

Promoting Zach Neto has gone fine for them too, 96 OPS+ as a rookie in 200+ PAs is a pretty nice foundation to build on

I guess if you can’t develop just get them up as quick as possible and hope for the best.
  • Mike B likes this

#719 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,630 posts

Posted 18 August 2023 - 06:14 PM

I guess if you can’t develop just get them up as quick as possible and hope for the best.

Actually this move makes the most sense so long as they're doing it with the notion they are in fact, out of it this year. It would appear they've been fast tracking their first round draft picks for a while now (probably something to do with the fact their AAA team plays at 4,000+ feet above sea level). See what they have in this kid for next season, cuz they don't have a first baseman on the roster who they'll want to trot out there, plus there are many other holes to fill via FA. At any rate, he won't lose his rookie status next year.

#720 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 18 August 2023 - 09:34 PM

I guess.  That seems like a plan for failure though.

@mikeghg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=