Photo

How often do you drink?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Poll: How often do you drink? (27 member(s) have cast votes)

How often do you drink?

1. At least a few drinks every day/night (3 votes [11.11%])

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

2. Some during the week, mostly on the weekends (10 votes [37.04%])

Percentage of vote: 37.04%

3. On pretty rare occasions (7 votes [25.93%])

Percentage of vote: 25.93%

4. Once or twice a week (5 votes [18.52%])

Percentage of vote: 18.52%

5. I never drink. (2 votes [7.41%])

Percentage of vote: 7.41%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Adam Wolff

Adam Wolff

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,294 posts
  • LocationWaynesboro, PA

Posted 18 May 2012 - 11:34 PM

I'd like to take a sobriety test on this board.

@AdamWolff

#2 Nuclear Dish

Nuclear Dish

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 573 posts
  • LocationZichron Yaakov, Israel

Posted 20 May 2012 - 04:32 AM

I will have a beer with dinner sometimes when I get home from work. On rare occasion, I'll have one to relax myself later in the night, and on an even rarer occasion, I'll have a two in a night. I usually crack open a cold one on a Saturday afternoon, too.

Beyond that, it's the once-a-month-or-so outing with either my wife or some buddies to a pub or sports bar, where I'll have a couple half-liters.

Oh, and every once in a while, at a festive celebration, I'll have a shot of either Scotch or ouzo (arak).

All in all, probably a beer or three per week, with the occasional drink thrown in for a special event or night out.

"Three thousand years of beautiful tradition, from Moses to Sandy Koufax..."

-Walter Sobchak

#3 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 22 May 2012 - 05:03 PM

Casual drinkers or do you drink to get drunk? I'm not a big drinker myself, but when I drink I like to have a good time!
@levineps

#4 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,294 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 22 May 2012 - 06:57 PM

It varies a lot for me. On my vacation I drank most days as great beer was a part of the trip.

At home, sometimes I'll go a week without drinking, other times I'll drink 4 times in a week, it all depends on what's going on. I rarely get hammered, though.

#5 Nuclear Dish

Nuclear Dish

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 573 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 03:27 AM

Casual drinkers or do you drink to get drunk? I'm not a big drinker myself, but when I drink I like to have a good time!

I have kids. Who can afford to get drunk? Last time I remember being drunk was about 9 years ago in Toronto. And that wasn't exactly my doing (long story).

Buzzed? Absolutely. Keeping up a good buzz for hours? Even better. But drunk? No chance.

-Walter Sobchak

#6 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,359 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 09:07 AM

I get drunk just about every weekend night. Have a drink with dinner or something like that occasionally during the week, probably once a week on average. Every now and then push the envelope from casual to aggressive on a week/school/work night, mostly when I've got a softball game or something and our team goes out to the bar after the game.

If I'm on a vacation with friends, then it's a full blown bender.

I'm pretty good about avoiding hangovers. Aside from just being tired if I don't get 6-7 hours of sleep, unless I've really overdone myself, I'm generally feeling well enough to get up in the morning and go do whatever it is I'm gonna do during the day. Which on some occasions is just start drinking again ;)

#7 lordbrook

lordbrook
  • Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 10:11 AM

I don't drink at all anymore. I'm the type of idiot that doesn't have a shutoff gene for booze so I just avoid it. I really miss beer, but I can't seem to regulate my intake so I just quit altogether.

#8 LanceRinker

LanceRinker

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts
  • LocationPlano, TX

Posted 23 May 2012 - 04:12 PM

Depends on how I'm feeling - i.e. if I feel sick or something than I avoid it because I'd prefer water in that instance.

However, I don't mind having a jack and coke to sip on every once in a while during the week but I usually keep my drinking to the weekends. I don't drink with the intentions of getting hammered though - a good buzz can be fun though.

#9 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,341 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 20 June 2012 - 07:23 PM

It varies a lot for me. On my vacation I drank most days as great beer was a part of the trip.

At home, sometimes I'll go a week without drinking, other times I'll drink 4 times in a week, it all depends on what's going on. I rarely get hammered, though.

Yeah, this about sums it up for me.

I'll be severely intoxicated for a full week in the Outerbanks coming up in about 6 weeks.
  • BSLChrisStoner likes this

#10 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,359 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:48 PM

Yeah, this about sums it up for me.

I'll be severely intoxicated for a full week in the Outerbanks coming up in about 6 weeks.

Week before last I was in the Outer Banks for my best friend's wedding. They rented an enormous house on the 4x4 Beaches, had 23 bedrooms! We had about 30 of our friends there from Sunday-Thursday drinking basically around the clock, going later and harder each night. On Thursday we all moved out to two smaller (~8 BR each) houses and then family members came in and took the rooms at the big house. Wedding was Friday on the beach, absolutely amazing.

Basically nonstop drinking the entire week with my favorite people in the world. It was incredibly fun. And I didn't get hungover even once. I usually don't get very hungover, but something about the salty air helps me even more I think.

Easily the best week of my life.

#11 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:50 PM

I probably average about 6 to 10 beers a year, mostly at family gatherings or restaurants. We're starting to drink wine now and then too.
¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

#12 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,341 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 20 June 2012 - 09:01 PM

Week before last I was in the Outer Banks for my best friend's wedding. They rented an enormous house on the 4x4 Beaches, had 23 bedrooms! We had about 30 of our friends there from Sunday-Thursday drinking basically around the clock, going later and harder each night. On Thursday we all moved out to two smaller (~8 BR each) houses and then family members came in and took the rooms at the big house. Wedding was Friday on the beach, absolutely amazing.

Basically nonstop drinking the entire week with my favorite people in the world. It was incredibly fun. And I didn't get hungover even once. I usually don't get very hungover, but something about the salty air helps me even more I think.

Easily the best week of my life.

That sounds epic. Glad you enjoyed it. The OBX is just awesome, I love it down there.

#13 Nuclear Dish

Nuclear Dish

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 573 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 03:39 AM

Two great links for those who drink:

Baltimore Sun Beer Special Finder

http://data.baltimor....com/maps/beer/

Which bars have the best deals on various types of beer? Cans, drafts, or microbrews. Where is the cheapest Happy Hour? Enter your address and search within a certain distance of that location for the best specials, conveniently priced, detailed, and mapped for you.

DrinkedIn

http://en.drinkedin.net/

The world's largest social network for drinkers. With reviews of bars and pubs, including photos and video, from around the world. Need a recommendation of a place to get a great Tom Collins in Tokyo? Want a cool martini bar in Sao Paolo? It's all here.

-Walter Sobchak

#14 MKlein76

MKlein76

Sports Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts
  • LocationGlen Burnie, MD

Posted 21 June 2012 - 06:30 AM

I very rarely drink anymore. I don't think I've even had a beer in 4 months now. I didn't quit drinking, I just haven't had much free time and I decided I will not drink and drive anymore. I've been lucky with that through the years and I don't want to risk it.
@MKlein76

#15 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,455 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 09:43 AM

I have a few beers or a glass or two of wine on most week nights with dinner or while watching the game, then more on weekends. I usually try to not drink at least one day a week, but even that has gotten hard.
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#16 Don Quixote

Don Quixote

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,055 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 09:50 AM

I probably average about 6 to 10 beers a year, mostly at family gatherings or restaurants. We're starting to drink wine now and then too.

About the same for me, though I almost never bother with restaurants in that regard.

So do you Outer Banks visitors ever make it off the usual suspect beaches? That was probably where I spent the least amount of time when I was there in '06. I've been wanting to get back ever since so I could get a chance to really finish the trip.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=