2 replies to this topic

#1 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 11:22 PM

Not surprising, pretty much expected by a lot of people. I applaud Turge for weeding a lot of Gary's crap out of the program this quickly. Harsh, but true.

#2 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,674 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 06:39 AM

Not surprising, pretty much expected by a lot of people. I applaud Turge for weeding a lot of Gary's crap out of the program this quickly. Harsh, but true.

It still surprises me a bit. Like Parker, it is a player that ideally wanted to stay at MD. I understand Turgeon wanting his own players, but I don't applaud him for this. I do understand both coming to the conclusion it was for the best, if Pankey was not going to be satisfied with competing for mts in a crowded front-court.

Like I said in the Q&A with Cannon, Pankey frustrated me at-times with his lack of consistency, but for a guy that had basically not played for two years; I was pleased overall by what he provided. He certainly had a better offensive game (12 games with at-least 6 points) than I anticipated. He also had 17 games with at-least 5 boards.

That is pretty good overall production considering his rust.

#3 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,358 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 08:14 AM

Not a major loss here. I never really liked Pankey's hustle. Thought he didn't try hard enough too often, and for a guy with limited skills, that's not a good combination.

Best of luck wherever he ends up. I think he could make a good smaller conference player, where he probably has better skills than most players with his size.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=