#1 MKlein76

MKlein76

Sports Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts
  • LocationGlen Burnie, MD

Posted 14 May 2012 - 12:03 PM

Dale Hunter will not return to coach the Capitals next season. He will be returning to coach the London Knights of the Ontario Hockey League.
http://espn.go.com/n...-return-2012-13
@MKlein76

#2 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,373 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 14 May 2012 - 09:14 PM

Even worse than that...that locker room beef I've been talking about all season is being hinted at by Ovi today. Here we go...
@JeremyMStrain

#3 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,343 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 15 May 2012 - 12:17 PM

Even worse than that...that locker room beef I've been talking about all season is being hinted at by Ovi today. Here we go...

Could you expound on this a bit when you get a chance? Not being smart, I just seriously am a bit out of the loop with this issue. Thanks!

#4 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,373 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 12:29 PM

Could you expound on this a bit when you get a chance? Not being smart, I just seriously am a bit out of the loop with this issue. Thanks!

I was making reference to it since the offseason over on the OH. There was a real split in the locker room this year, it was much more broken and not unified as it has been. Vokoun caused a good chunk of it, not many people liked him on the team, but there were some other veterans (don't know who) that liked to blame players for not playing up to their ability...I'm pretty sure it's called accountability, and Ovi didn't like it at all. Semin not wanting to come back (oh and he doesn't) and Ovi making shots at people in the media should speak volumes when other guys have been talking about how the team really came together down the stretch.

It'll be interesting to see how Ovi reacts to Semin leaving, and how much things improve after Knuble and Vokoun are gone.

Keep an eye on Ward, Brouwer and Hamrlik cause they were also added last season when things got much worse around here.

I kept saying all year the trouble was chemistry...this is what I was talking about.
@JeremyMStrain

#5 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,343 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 15 May 2012 - 01:51 PM

I was making reference to it since the offseason over on the OH. There was a real split in the locker room this year, it was much more broken and not unified as it has been. Vokoun caused a good chunk of it, not many people liked him on the team, but there were some other veterans (don't know who) that liked to blame players for not playing up to their ability...I'm pretty sure it's called accountability, and Ovi didn't like it at all. Semin not wanting to come back (oh and he doesn't) and Ovi making shots at people in the media should speak volumes when other guys have been talking about how the team really came together down the stretch.

It'll be interesting to see how Ovi reacts to Semin leaving, and how much things improve after Knuble and Vokoun are gone.

Keep an eye on Ward, Brouwer and Hamrlik cause they were also added last season when things got much worse around here.

I kept saying all year the trouble was chemistry...this is what I was talking about.

Got it, thanks!

So how does GMGM and the new coach get through to Ovi?

These seem like the realities:
1.)This team can't win it all with a toxic clubhouse, and it starts with the megastar/captain, Ovi.
2.) It would be incomprehensible to part ways with Ovi because he is the face of this franchise, and most of the fair weather fans would never get it.

What gives? How do we finally get over that hump?

#6 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,373 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 02:00 PM

Got it, thanks!

So how does GMGM and the new coach get through to Ovi?

These seem like the realities:
1.)This team can't win it all with a toxic clubhouse, and it starts with the megastar/captain, Ovi.
2.) It would be incomprehensible to part ways with Ovi because he is the face of this franchise, and most of the fair weather fans would never get it.

What gives? How do we finally get over that hump?

I don't know if Ovi was being a "rockstar" and pouting, or if he just didn't like the makeup of the roster when the new players came in and old ones he came up with went out. I just know there were issues, and they directly influenced Ovi's play. I have a feeling Ovi brought things up to Bruce early last season, and he didn't do anything so that's what started the beef with him and Ovi for a bit.

I do know that I emailed Ted and asked him what he thought about bringing in Steve Konowalchuck to coach though (currently an assistant for COL).

I tweeted it too, just to try to get some public view on it, but I'll let you know when he emails me back.
@JeremyMStrain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=