• Please log in to reply
4237 replies to this topic

#41 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,989 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 08:26 AM

Baltimore Sun: Will we see the real Tiger Woods at Congressional?
http://www.baltimore...0,6687798.story

#42 Brobey

Brobey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 561 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:31 AM

I hope so...I'll be attending Thursday and really looking forward to it...went to a practice round last year for the US Open and the course was beautiful so it will be interesting to see what they do with the course for the AT&T National.
@brobey1

#43 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 22 May 2012 - 12:08 PM

http://abcnews.go.co... ... g-16400030

#44 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:28 PM

I would lean towards delusional. Seriously, Tiger will win some more tournaments and maybe a few majors but I would bet against him ever being #1 in the world again. Let alone a dominant #1.

#45 Brobey

Brobey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 561 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 10:13 AM

I hate saying it, but delusional...I don't think he has it in him mentally to be the #1 golfer in the world again. Wouldn't shock me if he won another major or two, but don't think he has it in him to become the #1 golfer in the world again.
@brobey1

#46 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,658 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 02:05 PM

Best round of my life yesterday!

Walked 18 in the heat up at Fox Hollow in Timonium and shot a 79. First time I've ever broken 80 (although it's only a par-70 course, but I'm still counting it). Played super consistent, drove solid overall and recovered from the poor drives nicely, best iron play I've had in a round (only one bad iron shot for the day, hit about 12 of the greens in reg), and putted well, only one 3-putt.

#47 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,536 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 29 May 2012 - 02:37 PM

I absolutely lack the ability to drive the ball either off the tee or on the fairway. I just can't get any loft and the ball ends up skipping 20 or so yards along the ground.

My short game is fine. I'm a decent chipper and I can putt OK (note: I'm by no means GOOD at any of those things just good enough that I don't hold back the group I'm with), but my incredible lack of ability to drive the ball leads to me to detest playing the game because:

1) I have a rotten temper

2) I hold back the guys I'm playing with

3) It's sort of emasculating when a 60-year-old woman can drive the ball further than you can.

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#48 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 03:54 PM

I absolutely lack the ability to drive the ball either off the tee or on the fairway. I just can't get any loft and the ball ends up skipping 20 or so yards along the ground.

My short game is fine. I'm a decent chipper and I can putt OK (note: I'm by no means GOOD at any of those things just good enough that I don't hold back the group I'm with), but my incredible lack of ability to drive the ball leads to me to detest playing the game because:

3) It's sort of emasculating when a 60-year-old woman can drive the ball further than you can.

Almost assuredly hitting down on the ball too steeply. Your driver should have a wider arc and your back shoulder should be slightly lower than your front when addressing the ball. When I see people hitting "grounders" off the tee I just tell them to focus on tilting that back shoulder and keeping it lower than the front. It naturally stops you from being too steep and should level your club face. Proper grip is crucial too.

#49 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,536 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 30 May 2012 - 09:51 AM

Almost assuredly hitting down on the ball too steeply. Your driver should have a wider arc and your back shoulder should be slightly lower than your front when addressing the ball. When I see people hitting "grounders" off the tee I just tell them to focus on tilting that back shoulder and keeping it lower than the front. It naturally stops you from being too steep and should level your club face. Proper grip is crucial too.

No offense but this is greek to me.

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#50 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 09:58 AM

I just got my first set of hand-me-down golf clubs from my neighbor. He was trying to sell them out our neighborhood yard sale, but nobody bought them. So he gave them to me on the condition that I go golfing with him sometime.

We had some golf lessons in high school gym class and I've been to a driving range a few times, but everything I hit goes about 40 degrees to the right. I'm lefty but golf righty.
¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

#51 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 03 June 2012 - 07:46 PM

After today and that shit on 16, perhaps he is on the verge of something. His last win was followed by some poor play. Let's see how he does at the US Open...which will be in prime time!

#52 Adam Wolff

Adam Wolff

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,294 posts
  • LocationWaynesboro, PA

Posted 05 June 2012 - 03:00 PM

After today and that shit on 16, perhaps he is on the verge of something. His last win was followed by some poor play. Let's see how he does at the US Open...which will be in prime time!

I would say that shot may be a top 5 shot in Tiger's career, based on time in the round and everything. If not top 5, then top 10, and I thought there was certainly a chance he'd never add any moment like that again.

Awesome to see. My boy Rickie falling apart however was not!

@AdamWolff

#53 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 10:38 PM

They way Tiger finished the Memorial was vintage Tiger for sure. Let's see how he follows it up. He's certainly had his moments this year but has been plagued by inconsistency.

#54 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,989 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 07:50 AM

June 14-17; The Olympic Club; San Francisco, Calif.

ESPN.com: Olympic Club Tour (Video)
http://espn.go.com/v...egoryid=2630020

ESPN.com: Casey Martin qualifies
http://espn.go.com/g...ppearance-there

Golf.com: A letter to Rory Mcilroy
http://www.golf.com/...er-rory-mcilroy

#55 psapitch13

psapitch13
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:41 AM

Casey Martin is the man. All those bums who wouldn't let him ride in a cart when his leg bothered him should be ashamed. I lost a tremendous amount of respect for the likes of Jack N. and Arnold P. when they spoke out against him (or the "issue").

I am glad the court ruled in his favor and I hope he wins this tournament by 20 strokes.
  • BSLChrisStoner likes this
@GroveZach

#56 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 06 June 2012 - 06:04 PM

One problem with this being a soccer/golf forum is that I was confused into thinking that this thread is about the US Open Cup :lol:

#57 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,989 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 06:09 PM

One problem with this being a soccer/golf forum is that I was confused into thinking that this thread is about the US Open Cup :lol:

Ahh good point. Should be tracking the Lamar Hunt.

#58 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 07 June 2012 - 02:34 PM

http://espn.go.com/g... ... on-us-open

Check out those 2 groups.

Bubba, Tiger and Phil

And then, the top 3 ranked players in the world..Donald, Rory and Westwood.

WOW!

#59 Larry Sheets

Larry Sheets
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 03:39 PM

http://espn.go.com/golf/usopen12/story/_/id/8021871/tiger-woods-grouped-phil-mickelson-bubba-watson-us-open

Check out those 2 groups.

Bubba, Tiger and Phil

And then, the top 3 ranked players in the world..Donald, Rory and Westwood.

WOW!

From a spectators standpoint, it would be incredible to see these pairings play together, but if I am the players themselves, the pressure is definately on to perform and keep up with the other golfers. If i'm Tiger, I don't want to be in a massive pairing like this.
  • BSLChrisStoner likes this

#60 JeffLong

JeffLong

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,826 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 11:22 PM

Anyone go to Congressional last year? Went on Sunday with my dad (Father's Day). When Rory made the putt and hugged his dad it was just an awesome awesome experience.

I remember sitting in the stands by the 18th green and hugging my dad
@JeffLongBP

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=