• Please log in to reply
736 replies to this topic

#1 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,077 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 09:57 AM

Sports Tonight with Rob & Mike spoke with Cory Bonini from KFFL last night... comes on at the 100 minute mark:

http://www.blogtalkr...t-with-rob-mike

I spoke with Ken Zalis from FansFantasyFootball a couple of weeks ago... comes on at the 70 minute mark:

http://www.blogtalkr...ris-stoner-show

• Chris B likes this

#2 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,234 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 25 June 2014 - 10:21 AM

I have the 4th pick in my competitive, 12-team league. I pretty much am assuming that (in some order) Charles, Peterson, and McCoy will go 1-3 unless a quarterback is taken early. It's definitely in the realm of possibility since our league does 6 points per TD for QBs.

If the Big 3 go though, who would you target with the fourth pick?

#3 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,077 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 10:35 AM

ESPN: Top 300 Overall
http://espn.go.com/f...eseason-top-300

Sports Illustrated: Top 15 Fantasy Sophomores
http://www.si.com/fa...sophomores-2014

#4 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,543 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 25 June 2014 - 11:08 AM

I have the 4th pick in my competitive, 12-team league. I pretty much am assuming that (in some order) Charles, Peterson, and McCoy will go 1-3 unless a quarterback is taken early. It's definitely in the realm of possibility since our league does 6 points per TD for QBs.

If you are (stupidly, btw) getting 6 points for a passing TD, Manning should be the first pick in your league.

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#5 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,234 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 25 June 2014 - 11:12 AM

If you are (stupidly, btw) getting 6 points for a passing TD, Manning should be the first pick in your league.

Don't need to be rude, it's just how our league likes to operate.

#6 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,543 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 11:13 AM

6 points for a passing TD is stupid.  Grow a backbone, sorry.

@bopper33

#7 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,557 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 11:17 AM

We do 6 in our league. I think any less is stupid.

I'm currently deciding whether or not to keep Stafford for $44 with a $180 cap.

I'm also keeping McCoy ($43) and Keenan Allen ($6) and wanted to keep DeMarco Murray ($27) as well.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#8 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,543 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 11:19 AM

We do 6 in our league. 

I think any less is stupid.

With that scoring you completely marginalize running backs, who are losing value anyway with the current landscape of the league (how many RBs are in a truly #1 situation without any sort of platoon or giving up goal line carries)?

Whatever, to each his own.

@bopper33

#9 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,234 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 25 June 2014 - 11:33 AM

6 points for a passing TD is stupid.  Grow a backbone, sorry.

Haha classic

#10 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,234 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 25 June 2014 - 11:36 AM

We do 6 in our league. I think any less is stupid.

I'm currently deciding whether or not to keep Stafford for $44 with a $180 cap.

I'm also keeping McCoy ($43) and Keenan Allen ($6) and wanted to keep DeMarco Murray ($27) as well.

If you're looking to lose one of those four, is say Murray. I've never been a fan of him in truth but he seems to be an injury concern more often than not.

#11 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,557 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 12:53 PM

With that scoring you completely marginalize running backs, who are losing value anyway with the current landscape of the league (how many RBs are in a truly #1 situation without any sort of platoon or giving up goal line carries)?

Whatever, to each his own.

I see your point.  I like it though because everyone still goes crazy over RB's, I have one of the best, and I can get value for WR's, TE's and defenses because people undervalue them.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#12 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,557 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 12:53 PM

If you're looking to lose one of those four, is say Murray. I've never been a fan of him in truth but he seems to be an injury concern more often than not.

That's the way I am leaning. Stafford is always a risk for different reasons but when healthy he should produce and there aren't many other great QB's available.

• Chris B likes this

#13 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 02:52 PM

Megatron. 

@BSLMikeRandall

#14 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,756 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 09:31 AM

Never too early for fantasy football talk.

My long-term keeper league is transitioning this year from a snake draft to an auction style.  I get 4 keepers, and have $191 budget ($200 standard, I traded away some last year).

LeSean McCoy - $47

Doug Martin - $33

CJ Spiller - $25

Dez Bryant - $20

Antonio Brown - $12

DeSean Jackson - $12

Knowshon Moreno - $8

Percy Harvin - $5

The way keepers work if I keep McCoy, next year he'd cost me $62.  So I'd almost certainly not be keeping McCoy after this season.  So I'm leaning towards not keeping him this year and throwing him back.  Keeping Martin, Bryant, Brown and either Jackson or Harvin to max out my available budget, and then bidding high as hell on McCoy this year as an available player.

#15 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,543 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 09:54 AM

Harvin at $5 is a steal -- I have him as a sleeper this year.  Keep him.  I'd be wary of Doug Martin and Spiller just because of the major injury and platoon issues respectively...I think Spiller at $8 cheaper is probably the safer bet.  That said, I'd keep McCoy!  Dude is an absolute monster and someone that could easily be the #1 overall pick in drafts this year.  With DeSean Jax gone to Washington and Maclin coming off a missed season, McCoy is clearly going to be the focal point of the Eagle offense -- he may end up going for the highest percentage of total offensive yards of any skill position guy (non QB) in the league this year.  I'd strongly consider keeping him.  If you end up somehow not doing well, you can always trade him to a team in contention and then he becomes someone else's problem in terms of being a keeper at the end of next year.

Like the WR stable.

I'd keep, if I were you:  McCoy, Bryant, Brown, Harvin.  That still leaves you with a decent chunk of cash to bid on an RB2 and the other positions of need at the draft.

@bopper33

#16 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,543 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 09:56 AM

Another argument to be made, like I said above, is that the landscape of the NFL is changing.  RBs are constantly in platoon situations or give way to bigger backs near the goal line.  Having that elite RB, puts you so far ahead of the 8 ball when it comes to filling your roster out.

@bopper33

#17 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,756 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 10:13 AM

The Eagles now have Darren Sproles to throw into the mix.  So McCoy isn't the lone wolf there, though obviously he'll still get a ton of the carries.  I could see Sproles getting a lot of work on 3rd down, though.  I don't think McCoy repeats his 365 touches from last year, which were almost 50 higher than his previous career best.  There is also the 300-carry rule, where 75% of the guys who get over 300 carries score fewer points the next season and 50% fall off by 50 or more points.

I could also trade him instead of just throwing him back.  I'd try to trade him for a slightly lesser player at a lower keeper cost (I may try to get Zac Stacy, he's on a roster with no other star players and is a $5 keeper) or perhaps just auction budget.

I love McCoy, so I'm certainly not decided on moving on.  And even at $48, he's got value since the top few picks usually go for $55-60.

#18 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,543 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 10:17 AM

I'm not really worried about Sproles...at all.  I would say McCoy is probably 3x better than he is.  In that situation, he will get the lion's share.  Yea, he will hawk a TD or two and that's annoying, but not enough to sway me from wanting him on my team.

@bopper33

#19 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,756 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 10:19 AM

Oh, of course not.  If it was a yearly redraft or auction league, McCoy is clearly either #1 or #2 overall this year.

It's only when price on a fixed budget, how long you can continue to keep him, and other factors come into play is it even a question.

#20 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,756 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 10:24 AM

It's always better to give up on a guy a year too early than a year too late.  Could've gotten a ton if you had traded Ray Rice before last year's draft/auction, this year he's unkeepable.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=