• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,357 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 10:14 AM

I was just tired of seeing the thread of the AFC Championship Game.

Time to start looking ahead to 2012. The preseason opener will be here before you know it.
  • JordanKough likes this

#2 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,651 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:00 PM

I was just tired of seeing the thread of the AFC Championship Game.

Time to start looking ahead to 2012. The preseason opener will be here before you know it.

I am with you. In fact, I just forced myself to watch the game again. Still made me sick, Evans dropped the damn ball again. One thing that jumped out.....Webb and Joe were great.
@mikeghg

#3 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 01:33 AM

Who is carrying the Ravens preseason games??I can't find it on my tv schedule.

Edit: I guess it's CSN which I don't get and it look slike they aren't even carrying the game live. :roll:

#4 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,357 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 07:07 AM

Who is carrying the Ravens preseason games??I can't find it on my tv schedule.

Edit: I guess it's CSN which I don't get and it look slike they aren't even carrying the game live. :roll:

Maybe it will be shown on WJZ as well?

#5 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,651 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 05 August 2012 - 02:05 PM

Maybe it will be shown on WJZ as well?

I believe that is right. I heard an ad for the game and think it was WJZ.
@mikeghg

#6 Don Olsen

Don Olsen

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationSeverna Park, MD

Posted 07 August 2012 - 12:36 PM

The only thing I truly care about with a preseason game are the players coming back with only minor bumps and bruises. These are great tools to evaluate and allows the players to extract some aggression against a new set of faces, but the most important thing is everyone walks away without an injury.
@Olsen_Don

#7 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 07 August 2012 - 01:26 PM

The only thing I truly care about with a preseason game are the players coming back with only minor bumps and bruises. These are great tools to evaluate and allows the players to extract some aggression against a new set of faces, but the most important thing is everyone walks away without an injury.

As an avid fantasy football player, I only care for injuries myself. I find these "games" so pointless, that somehow judging from the ratings, more of America cares about than I do.
@levineps

#8 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,676 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 04:06 PM

It's nice to not give a crap about the first preseason football game of the year because the O's are playing well instead of treating it like it's a freaking playoff game.

That said, I will probably do some channel flipping in between innings to see how Tyrod plays.
  • BSLChrisStoner likes this
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#9 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 08 August 2012 - 10:35 AM

It's nice to not give a crap about the first preseason football game of the year because the O's are playing well instead of treating it like it's a freaking playoff game.

That said, I will probably do some channel flipping in between innings to see how Tyrod plays.

Don't worry the "meaningless" game will demolish the "meaningful" game in the ratings. I can't remember the last time that you couldn't make the joke about two "meaningless" games going on at the same time.
@levineps

#10 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,357 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 03:58 PM

CSN Baltimore: Ravens / Falcons: The Basics
http://www.csnbaltim...611&feedID=6876

#11 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,622 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 08 August 2012 - 05:56 PM

Agreed. It feels weird to be not that interested in the Raven's preseason when I'm usually highly anticipating it by now. I keep forgetting about the Ravens...

#12 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,357 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:21 AM

PressBox: Key Players to Watch in Atlanta
http://www.pressboxo...log.cfm?id=5087

#13 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:23 AM

The Orioles trolled the Ravens here, but I still expect the football ratings to beat the baseball ones.
@levineps

#14 lawbuz

lawbuz
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 06:27 AM

Machado's debut will make it hard to concentrate on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th quarters. However I do want to pay attention to a few guys like Bobby Williams, Sergio Kindle and the entire return game. But it's good to have the Birds playing meaningful baseball in August. Always wanted to catch a Ravens game at M&T and then walk across the lot to see the Birds on Sunday night in a pennant race.
  • BSLChrisStoner likes this
@JamieEBerry

#15 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,357 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 06:32 AM

Machado's debut will make it hard to concentrate on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th quarters. However I do want to pay attention to a few guys like Bobby Williams, Sergio Kindle and the entire return game. But it's good to have the Birds playing meaningful baseball in August. Always wanted to catch a Ravens game at M&T and then walk across the lot to see the Birds on Sunday night in a pennant race.

You do mention two players I will be somewhat interested by. By most accounts, Williams looks like the starter at LG.

The Ravens have been saying Kindle is light years ahead of where he was. Is he ready to contribute on 3rd down? If he can give the Ravens some of what McPhee / Kruger provided last year, that would be huge.

#16 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,252 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 09 August 2012 - 07:51 AM

I don't give a crap about early preseason games anyway, and I certainly won't pay attention with me being at the O's game tonight. Anything that happens of importance for the Ravens will be all around the blogosphere tomorrow so I'll check up on them later.

Too much worrying someone will get hurt and (from all fans) too much over-exaggeration of a play(s) or how the team looks the first time out there.

I may tune in to the last preseason game, but that's it.

#17 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,544 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:09 AM

The only pre-season games worth watching at all are #2 and #3. Starters tend to play the first half of game #2, and into the 3rd in game #3. The 1st and 4th pre-season games are the completely worthless to me as a fan, and I get nothing out of watching how well 2nd and 3rd stringers do against other 2nd and 3rd stringers. I'm not a talent evaluator, so the pre-season in general is just awful to me. I'll probably tune in for a drive or two tonight, but the O's are in a pennant race, so that will take priority.

#18 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,357 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 09:03 AM

WNST: Five Players to Watch
http://wnst.net/word...ayers-to-watch/

#19 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 09 August 2012 - 09:12 AM

The only pre-season games worth watching at all are #2 and #3. Starters tend to play the first half of game #2, and into the 3rd in game #3. The 1st and 4th pre-season games are the completely worthless to me as a fan, and I get nothing out of watching how well 2nd and 3rd stringers do against other 2nd and 3rd stringers. I'm not a talent evaluator, so the pre-season in general is just awful to me. I'll probably tune in for a drive or two tonight, but the O's are in a pennant race, so that will take priority.

People can't use the whole, both games are meaningless to justify watching the Ravens over the Orioles in August this year.
@levineps

#20 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 09:14 AM

On Channel 2 not 13. I think I'll DVR the Ravens game. I always like going back over the games anyway and keying in on players I might otherwise miss while watching live.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=