#1 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,538 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 29 April 2014 - 04:51 PM

I can ride in a car, fly in a plane and ride most amusement park rides and I'm fine. Last time I went deep sea fishing, however, I got sick after witnessing two other people get sick. I am going out again in Florida this weekend. Do OTC meds really work?

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#2 McNulty

McNulty

la cerveza está muy fría

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,670 posts
  • LocationBS

Posted 29 April 2014 - 05:00 PM

Bonine dude. I met an Alaskan fisherman at the San Fran airport and confessed I was nervous about losing my shit in the Alaskan seas. He said Bonine is by far the best thing. That and ginger gum.

@fuzydunlop

#3 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,559 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 29 April 2014 - 05:01 PM

I got very sick the first night on my honeymoon cruise and felt sick most of the next day until we got some Dramamine. I passed out and slept through dinner but never had another issue the rest of the week. I'd recommend it.

#4 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,704 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 05:09 PM

I got sick the first time I went deep sea fishing, wasn't constantly ill, but would feel like shit for 5 minutes, puke, and then repeat ever hour or so.  I was, however, in the midst of an epic bachelor party, drinking before, during (not so much during with all the puking), and after, so that probably certainly had an affect.  Next time I went, again in Key West, I took some dramamine before, only was mildly drinking both before and during, and felt fine.

So, I'd say, if you can avoid it, don't be too cripplingly hungover or actively drunk.  Better to yak a few times than to be a party pooper, though, so unless you think you'll be completely down for the count with seasickness for the enitre duration, go ahead and booze.  Some of the medicine probably wouldn't hurt either.

#5 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,552 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 05:19 PM

Dramamine. Just don't take too much because it will make you drowsy. Drinking on top of it, at least in excess probably isn't a good idea either.
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#6 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,356 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 01 May 2014 - 10:42 PM

Most non wooden roller coasters are a problem for me now. Sad.

#7 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,538 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 02 May 2014 - 12:09 AM

Strange because the wooden ones are usually more bumpy. The steel ones are smoother.

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#8 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,356 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 02 May 2014 - 12:10 AM

Strange because the wooden ones are usually more bumpy. The steel ones are smoother.

That's not my issue. My issue is the corkscrews, loops, and in some cases, the herky jerky nature of the steel coasters.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=