3 replies to this topic

#1 Dr. FLK

Dr. FLK

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 09:28 AM

My wife has told me that she wants a Fit Bit for her birthday.  I have no idea what that is.  I looked it up, and they make several products...each one having its own set of accessories.

So help!  What do I get?

#2 Adam Wolff

Adam Wolff

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,294 posts
  • LocationWaynesboro, PA

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:02 AM

I can't speak for the other products, but I have the Fit Bit one and like it a lot. Good battery life, charges quickly, and seems to be very accurate counting steps. It doesn't always do a great job of counting stairs, but that's minor IMO. You can integrate the product with apps like MyFitnessPal to best incorporate your diet and activity. I'd assume most of this holds true for, say, the wristband product, although I had read that the Fit Bit One was more durable. It can go in your pocket or clip onto pants/belt loops, depending on what you're wearing. I'd definitely recommend it to anyone who's looking to track their activity and maybe get a little bit of additional motivation to be active. It's especially helpful if you have friends or family that have it as well, making it a bit of a competition to be the most active. Good product.

• Dr. FLK likes this

@AdamWolff

#3 Dr. FLK

Dr. FLK

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:04 AM

I'm guessing she'd want the wrist band since her workout clothes don't always have pockets.  Is it functionally the same as the other one (and work with the same apps)?  When you say "less durable"...does that mean it'll fall apart in a month?

#4 Adam Wolff

Adam Wolff

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,294 posts
  • LocationWaynesboro, PA

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:14 AM

I'm guessing she'd want the wrist band since her workout clothes don't always have pockets.  Is it functionally the same as the other one (and work with the same apps)?  When you say "less durable"...does that mean it'll fall apart in a month?

I believe functionally they are the same, the wristband may actually have more features because it's newer. I make the durability comment because whenever I was doing the research on the two, there were a number of reviews that discussed having similar issues of it just randomly dying and never coming back from the dead. It was enough seemingly similar stories that I decided to go with the One. And for me, personally, I preferred having something I could put in my pocket, as I wear it at work and didn't feel like having a million conversations about what the new wristband was that I was wearing. The biggest difference though probably is the preference of putting it in your pocket or clipping it onto you somewhere versus wearing it on your wrist. 

@AdamWolff

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=