DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,728 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 18 March 2014 - 12:18 PM

Check out this article http://www.brewersas...t-brewer-growth

which shows the growth of Craft Beer in the year 2013. 

#2 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,728 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 18 March 2014 - 12:19 PM

Here's a great graphic that shows the growth as well.

growth-infographic_main.png

#3 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,728 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 18 March 2014 - 12:20 PM

I always wonder what the ceiling is for Craft Beer, but it's shown no signs of slowing down.  The more variety the better!

#4 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,356 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 18 March 2014 - 12:43 PM

Good deal. That doesn't include the bigger craft breweries either or the ones bought out by bigger companies so that market share number is a little stronger than it looks. 

#5 ChrisWorthington

ChrisWorthington

HOF

• Members
  • 268 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 18 March 2014 - 07:41 PM

I worked at a fine wine and beer store from 2010-2012 while I was in grad school. They were definitely ahead of the curve with craft beer, and it was amazing to see how much the popularity grew in that short span of time. Of course, craft beer (like Sierra Nevada) has been around for decades, but it feels like the tipping point was reached all-of-a-sudden, sometime around 2009. Amazing how quickly it's popularity has grown, and how many new breweries have sprung up. Pretty much anywhere you go now, you can find a local brewery that's worth a visit. 

#6 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,728 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 21 March 2014 - 10:31 AM

http://www.washingto...m/beer-madness/

Didn't want to start a new thread so I thought I would place it here.  Washington Post's annual beer madness bracket.  I guess it's related to this thread though, because all of the breweries are from the tri-state area.  Just shows how much the beer scene has grown that they can pull something like this off with beers just from this area.  I do question the selection of some the beers in the bracket, but a fun topic none the less.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=