HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 25 February 2014 - 09:16 PM

ESPN: NBA discussed new court, 4-pointer

http://espn.go.com/n...rt-4-point-shot

NBA president of basketball operations Rod Thorn and vice president Kiki Vandeweghe acknowledged in a recent interview with ESPN.com that the league office, at least in an exploratory fashion, has weighed expanding the dimensions of the court and the introduction of a 4-point shot.

"Making the court bigger -- it's an interesting idea and we've actually looked at it," Vandeweghe said. "We keep a list of ideas on what we should do and how we can make the game better, of course. But arenas are obviously built in a certain way and that would take a lot of adjusting to actually make the court bigger. But does it mean we shouldn't look at it? No, of course not. We're looking at all sorts of things."

@levineps

#2 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,563 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 25 February 2014 - 09:24 PM

I think adding a few feet or so to the width would be helpful for player movement and also finding space in the corners, especially behind the 3 pt line. 

I'm not sure what I feel yet about a 4 point shot, but it is interesting. It's something that many will think is too gimmicky or just too big of a departure from tradition, but if it had already been in place for many year, I don't think it would be thought of in a negative way.

#3 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 158,120 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 09:25 PM

NBC Sports / PBT: A four-point line in the NBA? Larger court? League not talking about it, just fans.

#4 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 11:05 PM

Just go old school rock and jock already and put different valued point markers all over the court.

Ridiculous.

#5 Markus

Markus

The Great Cornholio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,363 posts
  • LocationIn-N-Out Sucks, CA

Posted 25 February 2014 - 11:23 PM

Just go old school rock and jock already and put different valued point markers all over the court.

Ridiculous.

Hahahahahahaha. My first thought as well. Might as well get Dan Cortez and Summer Sanders to call games while we're at it.

Lemme get two claps and a Ric Flair

#6 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 11:44 PM

Is Summer Sanders still hot. I bet she is.

#7 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 25 February 2014 - 11:47 PM

Is Summer Sanders still hot. I bet she is.

summer-sanders.jpg

http://www.bostonmag...g-the-marathon/

@levineps

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=