• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,078 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 01:18 PM

Edgar Walker from MD High (Rivals) and the Baltimore Sports Report, reported yesterday via Twitter, that Dodd's HS Coach said Dodd will be Red-shirted his first year at MD, after deciding not to attend Prep School.

#2 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,757 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 03:21 PM

Sounds like a good move for both Dodd and the Terps.

#3 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:30 PM

The redshirt or prep was expected. Just wasn't going to get any time next year.

#4 ravens8589

ravens8589

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:57 PM

As Bnickle said, this was fully expected so not much of news but definitely worth noting. This will give him a chance to get in better shape (get stronger) and develop a little more.
@Langley486

#5 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 11:44 PM

Read that he is now expected to prep. Don't be surprised if he never steps foot on the court in a MD uniform. He was insurance but since his commitment we have added Mitchell and Smotrycz to the frontcourt. I guess we'll see how the '13 class is shaping up but I would be betting against him playing here.

#6 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,078 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 06:56 AM

Read that he is now expected to prep. Don't be surprised if he never steps foot on the court in a MD uniform. He was insurance but since his commitment we have added Mitchell and Smotrycz to the frontcourt. I guess we'll see how the '13 class is shaping up but I would be betting against him playing here.

Saw IMS report on Dodd yesterday, stating: "Terps commit Damonte Dodd getting heavy praise for recent play, with some talking top-100 caliber. 6-9 C had 1 MEAC offer when MD offered."

#7 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 06:17 PM

Saw IMS report on Dodd yesterday, stating: "Terps commit Damonte Dodd getting heavy praise for recent play, with some talking top-100 caliber. 6-9 C had 1 MEAC offer when MD offered."

Yeah, heard he had/has been turning some heads. Still think it will come down to how the '13 class plays out this summer whether or not he ends up here. Of course, it's not just our decision either. He never signed a LOI so other programs are going to continue to recruit him as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=