Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,335 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 29 April 2014 - 12:09 PM

Testudo Times: Kai Locksley still high on the Terps

http://www.testudoti...pdates-maryland

"They got a lot of hometown support there," [Locksley] said. "I'd have a great supporting cast there because they're going to bring in great players, and, I mean, who can develop me better than my father?"

• Greg Pappas likes this
@BSLZackKiesel

#22 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,394 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 21 May 2014 - 10:02 AM

InsideMDSports: Maryland commit E.J. Donahue could open up recruitment

If the Nittany Lions offer, they could be a game-changer in this recruitment.

"If I can get an offer from Penn State, that would be great," he said. "I went there for a camp and I just really liked the offensive line coach. I really like James Franklin. He's doing a great job. I like the the fan base. There's a lot of Penn State fans. It's packed every game. They have a lot of good players."

Donahue added that he'd like to pick up offers from Ohio State and Michigan State as well.

Discussing his commitment status to Maryland, Donahue admittedly has been thinking about opening things up.

"I've been thinking about that a lot," he said. "I know I made a mistake by committing there early. I just got caught up in the moment. I'm not sure what I'm going to do."

#23 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 10:56 AM

I'm a big believer in the idea that these are kids, and they should go where they are comfortable. Also think they should be able to change programs (once in the program) without sitting out (if they've stayed for their 1st year in the program).

I do think verbal commits should be removed. Should be signed letter of intents only imo.

If other schools are going to continue to recruit you after you've given a verbal...  and you as the player are going to continue to look after you've given the verbal... what is the point?

While verbals are just verbals... it has to be annoying for recruiting staffs when you have a player who verbals... and you move on from recruiting that position because you think you have that position addressed... only to see that verbal mean nothing.

That's larger picture stuff...  Going back to MD...  Penn State and others will get their share of MD talent (as well as NOVA, Southern PA, D.C.); but the Terps have to do a better job of keeping MD talent at home.

Showing this year that you can be competitive in the Big Ten would only help with that.

• Russ and BSLZackKiesel like this

#24 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,394 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 11:34 AM

I don't think there is anything that can be done to prevent a kid from making a verbal commitment. If the kid wants to do it, he'll do it. I think coaching staffs now fully realize that it really doesn't mean a lot when they get a verbal commitment from someone more than a year before he can sign an LOI. So they probably respond with little more than a shrug and continue to recruit him as if he were uncommitted. It used to be there was an unwritten rule among coaches that when a player made a verbal, the other schools recruiting him backed off. Obviously that is no longer the case.

That's just how it is and I'm not sure how you put a stop to it. I do think Edsall's idea of limiting how far in advance a program can make a scholarship offer to a player has some merit.

#25 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 07:34 AM

Testudo Times: 3 star OL Ellis McKennie commits to MD

http://www.testudoti...ootball-commits

Inside MD Sports / Baltimore Sun: Analyzing new MD RB Deltron Sands
http://articles.balt...land-basketball

• Greg Pappas and BSLZackKiesel like this

#26 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,335 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 07 June 2014 - 10:02 PM

InsideMDSports: Shaffer Gets Offer, Commits to Maryland

http://maryland.247s...ryland-29026942

Gage Shaffer is a 6-foot-7 quarterback from Frankfort High School in West Virginia. He was a part of the camp today in College Park, and committed after his time there. Obviously the thing that stands out is his size. He's not a mobile guy, but is an interesting project for the coaches.

• BSLChrisStoner and Greg Pappas like this
@BSLZackKiesel

#27 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,394 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 10:13 PM

Sounds like a future TE to me.

#28 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 10:38 PM

Two more commits today...

RB Ty Johnson
Fort Hill HS

Cumberland, MD

EDIT:

Keiron Howard (3-stars)
Defensive Tackle
Oxon Hill, MD (Potomac)
Ht: 6-4 | Wt: 295 | 40: 4.90

Had this wrong, Birds of B'more has the right info below...

• BSLZackKiesel likes this

#29 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,394 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 05:10 PM

Two more commits today...

RB Ty Johnson
Fort Hill HS

Cumberland, MD

OG Kentron Howard

Potomac HS

Oxon Hill, MD

3 star...

Looks like a bit of a mixup on Howard.

Keiron Howard (3-stars)
Defensive Tackle
Oxon Hill, MD (Potomac)
Ht: 6-4 | Wt: 295 | 40: 4.90

Still good though, as the DL is looking like it will be just as thin as the OL in 2015.

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

#30 Markus

Markus

The Great Cornholio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,363 posts
  • LocationIn-N-Out Sucks, CA

Posted 14 June 2014 - 11:53 AM

WaPoNew Jersey DB Kareem Ali commits to Maryland

Maryland’s staff is most likely ecstatic, too, as Ali is considered one of the Terps’ top targets in the class of 2015.

Ali, a U.S. Army All-American Bowl selection, should give Maryland youthful depth at the position once he arrives in College Park next year.

Ali has earned high marks on the recruiting circuit over the past year. He is labeled as a four-star prospect and the seventh-rated cornerback in New Jersey by Rivals and a three-star recruit by 247sports.com.

WaPoTexas LB Mbi Tanyi commits to Maryland football

Tanyi who plays both outside linebacker and several positions on the offensive line at George Bush High School outside San Antonio, said he was attracted to Maryland’s move to the Big Ten.

• Greg Pappas, Pedro Cerrano and BSLZackKiesel like this

Lemme get two claps and a Ric Flair

#31 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,335 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 14 June 2014 - 03:52 PM

Keenan McCardell making immediate impacts with the Texas recruiting. Recruits seem to love him, as they do all the Terps' coaches. Good to see a 4-star corner, as that position is pretty thin this season after losing McDougle and Goins, and missing out on Tabor.

• Greg Pappas likes this
@BSLZackKiesel

#32 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,335 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 15 June 2014 - 08:41 PM

Comcast SportsNet: Ohio offensive lineman Mason Zimmerman commits to Maryland

http://www.csnbaltim...ommits-maryland

Zimmerman is unranked by Rivals.com and stands 6-5, 275 pounds. He reportedly chose Maryland over schools that include Air Force, Cincinnati, Marshall, and Toledo. 

He becomes the Terrapins' ninth commit from the class of 2015 and the third prospect on the offensive line alongside E.J. Donahue and Ellis McKennie, both from the state of Maryland.

• Greg Pappas likes this
@BSLZackKiesel

#33 Markus

Markus

The Great Cornholio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,363 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 04:21 PM

^Here's WaPo's write-up on Zimmerman.

#34 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,335 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 16 June 2014 - 04:53 PM

BSL: The 2015 Class to Date

http://baltimorespor...015-class-date/

In this article, I profile each of the Terps' commits for the class of 2015 as of today. The list includes 9 recruits, including 3 of the Top 15 players from the state of Maryland.

• BSLChrisStoner and Greg Pappas like this
@BSLZackKiesel

#35 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,394 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 04:35 PM

Randy Edsall ‏

@RandyEdsall

Back from California and got some #MarylandPride

OK, recruiting experts, is there some sort of cryptic message in there? Are they heavily in on someone from CA? Or was he just hanging with Markus knocking back some brews and talking some World Cup?

• Markus likes this

#36 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 05:44 PM

OK, recruiting experts, is there some sort of cryptic message in there? Are they heavily in on someone from CA? Or was he just hanging with Markus knocking back some brews and talking some World Cup?

Not sure what that was.

Testudo Times: Massaponax LB Gus Little commits to Maryland

http://www.testudoti...ootball-commits

"Maryland has added another piece to their 2015 recruiting class, as Fredericksburg (Va.) Massaponax High School linebacker Gus Little committed to the Terrapins Thursday, per Rivals. With the commitment, Maryland moves up to 28th in the 247sports composite recruiting rankings, ranking sixth in the Big Ten."

#37 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,335 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 19 June 2014 - 08:00 PM

They got someone's commitment from California. That's the "we got a commitment" tweet from Randy Edsall.

@BSLZackKiesel

#38 Markus

Markus

The Great Cornholio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,363 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 09:58 PM

Me and Randy got absolutely shlossed today. Bad mouthed Danny O'Brien a bit, drank, ate some bacon wrapped hot dogs, drank some more, talked about whose seat his hotter; his or Turg's, drank some more, went out for some authentic Mexican food, played some golf, drank while golfing, drank after golfing. And then Randy was off on a learjet back to DC.

I must say it was a good day.
  • BSLMikeLowe and BSLZackKiesel like this

#39 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,394 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 10:14 PM

Me and Randy got absolutely shlossed today. Bad mouthed Danny O'Brien a bit, drank, ate some bacon wrapped hot dogs, drank some more, talked about whose seat his hotter; his or Turg's, drank some more, went out for some authentic Mexican food, played some golf, drank while golfing, drank after golfing. And then Randy was off on a learjet back to DC.

But you didn't tell us who won the game of How Many Beers Would You Have to Drink to Do Ralph Friedgen' s Wife?

#40 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,335 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 19 June 2014 - 11:13 PM

Glad he has someone on the west coast. I get worried about him when he's out recruiting.

@BSLZackKiesel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=