#641 dude

dude

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,728 posts
  • LocationColumbus, GA

Posted 22 July 2020 - 09:14 AM

Just play every game "on the road" and if you're supposed to be the home-team, hit second in the first inning.

It's not like you'll be interfering with a Boyz2Men stadium concert.

• Steve55 likes this

#642 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,473 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 22 July 2020 - 09:15 AM

Just play every game "on the road" and if you're supposed to be the home-team, hit second in the first inning.

Yeah, doesn't really make any difference at this point.

#643 dude

dude

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,728 posts
  • LocationColumbus, GA

Posted 22 July 2020 - 09:19 AM

Yeah, doesn't really make any difference at this point.

batting first or last could mean something, but the stadium is empty so I don't know what the real home-team advantage is right now.

One team in this condition is easy.  Obviously if you have more than one it's a problem when those teams compete and neither has a home, but the BlueJays can go everywhere and it would actually reduce their (and others) overall travel.

You take out the northern-most destination (with boarder crossing) and you eliminate a bunch of flights (since people seem to think it's an issue)

#644 NickStevens

NickStevens

HOF

• Members
  • 477 posts
  • LocationHarrisonburg, VA but the 757 is home

Posted 22 July 2020 - 09:20 AM

I don't understand some of the outrage I've seen online if it is Baltimore. Honestly, it means getting to see that beautiful stadium on TV more and could help out local businesses which could obviously use every penny possible. I'd also like to think that the Orioles will have a second space for the Jays to dress out in, maybe doing what Boston is doing and using the suites, to stay as safe as possible.

• Chris B likes this
@NickStevensR on Twitter.
Follow BSL's Orioles Minor League podcast on Twitter @BSLOnTheVerge and follow us on Facebook and Instagram! Just search BSL On The Verge!

#645 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 22 July 2020 - 09:46 AM

I don't understand some of the outrage I've seen online if it is Baltimore. Honestly, it means getting to see that beautiful stadium on TV more and could help out local businesses which could obviously use every penny possible. I'd also like to think that the Orioles will have a second space for the Jays to dress out in, maybe doing what Boston is doing and using the suites, to stay as safe as possible.

I think people just hate the Blue Jays.
  • NickStevens and BSLRoseKatz like this

#646 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,234 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 22 July 2020 - 09:49 AM

Yeah, I don't really see the negative, quite frankly.

• NickStevens likes this

#647 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,946 posts

Posted 22 July 2020 - 01:18 PM

The Blue Jays are looking at alternative options to Pittsburgh, including going to the city of each scheduled opponent and playing as the home team.

#648 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,946 posts

Posted 22 July 2020 - 01:40 PM

Blue Jays’ quest to play home games at PNC Park in Pittsburgh indeed falling apart, sources tell The Athletic. Pennsylvania state government has not approved. Team exploring alternative solutions. First: .

#649 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,946 posts

Posted 22 July 2020 - 02:17 PM

HARRISBURG _ The Pennsylvania Department of Health announced today that it will not allow the Toronto Blue Jays to play their shortened 2020 season at PNC Park in Pittsburgh.

#650 Steve55

Steve55

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 22 July 2020 - 04:41 PM

HARRISBURG _ The Pennsylvania Department of Health announced today that it will not allow the Toronto Blue Jays to play their shortened 2020 season at PNC Park in Pittsburgh.

Hope this is not a tit for tat for Canada doing it.

#651 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,234 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 22 July 2020 - 05:31 PM

Blue Jays receive: a place to play home games in 2020 at Camden Yards

Orioles receive: Bo Bichette
  • BSLChrisStoner, BobPhelan, dude and 2 others like this

#652 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,946 posts

Posted 23 July 2020 - 07:32 AM

Rosenthal on the Jays playing in Baltimore.  The Orioles are fine with it, but won't let the Jays use either locker room.  And Hogan would need to approve it.

The most challenging issue appears to be where the Jays would dress and congregate before games. The home clubhouse, not surprisingly, would be off-limits to the Jays. But according to a source, MLB and the Orioles also would not allow the Jays to use the visiting clubhouse, which would be reserved for the teams that come to play at Camden Yards, whether facing the Orioles or Jays.

Therefore, the construction of a makeshift clubhouse would be necessary. One option would be to erect event tents in the stadium concourse with portable air conditioning and even, potentially, portable showers. The Jays also might be permitted to use auxiliary rooms normally reserved for media conferences or small gatherings of VIPs.

https://theathletic....stacles-remain/

#653 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,627 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 23 July 2020 - 07:42 AM

Rosenthal on the Jays playing in Baltimore.  The Orioles are fine with it, but won't let the Jays use either locker room.  And Hogan would need to approve it.

https://theathletic....stacles-remain/

It really is amazing that a major league team can not find a place to play.  The world we live in right now, makes it all understandable.

@mikeghg

#654 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 23 July 2020 - 10:37 AM

https://twitter.com/...0577213440?s=21

#655 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,627 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 23 July 2020 - 09:59 PM

https://twitter.com/...0577213440?s=21

Supposedly the Orioles still have issues with the Jays using the club houses.

Hartford CT.  wants the Jays to play there.

@mikeghg

#656 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,093 posts

Posted 24 July 2020 - 11:12 AM

Blue Jays have a home. They will be playing in Buffalo this year.

#657 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,627 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 24 July 2020 - 12:11 PM

Blue Jays have a home. They will be playing in Buffalo this year.

This is probably the best location they could get.  It is close to their normal home and the facilities while not major league are decent.  

@mikeghg

#658 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,473 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 24 July 2020 - 12:13 PM

I thought their lights weren't adequate for night games?

#659 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,946 posts

Posted 24 July 2020 - 12:19 PM

Re: Blue Jays at OPaCY. Due to stringent Covid-19 protocol, Os weren't allowing Jays to use home clubhouse or visitors' clubhouse unless visiting. A makeshift clubhouse on concourse would have taken time to construct and get Covid clearance. Wasnt worth it for maybe 2 game weeks

#660 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,473 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 24 July 2020 - 12:27 PM

Would they have also had to change the schedule for Jays home dates which contradicted with O's home dates? Seems like a lot of logistics to work through. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=