• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#1 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,009 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 09:24 AM

Where are you heading? Where are you thinking about going?

#2 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,552 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 09:28 AM

My wife and I are currently planning a trip with friends. They have trouble taking off work and were able to take off the week of Easter -- April 12-19. It's probably the main spring break week, which sucks, because the Caribbean and Mexico are inflated that week. For the price of flying there and staying in a resort we could go several places in Europe. Our back-up plan if nothing happens for the Caribbean or Mexico is Napa, or Charleston and Savannah, but who knows.

We usually take 1 or 2 major trips a year but we spent a lot of money last year on a new kitchen, Super Bowl tickets and a new car. So I am fine taking it easy this year and going to Ocean City for a bunch of long weekends in the summer but my wife always gets an itch to go somewhere every 6 months. First world problems.

• BSLChrisStoner and JeremyStrain like this
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#3 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,377 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 13 January 2014 - 10:05 AM

Spending two weeks this year in OBX, and probably a weekend camping at Jellystone for the kids. Was trying to do Disney this year but I think it'll have to wait til next year.

• BSLChrisStoner likes this
@JeremyMStrain

#4 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,552 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 10:08 AM

BTW, travel sites suck now. Expedia keeps showing me flights to the Caribbean that leave BWI mid-day and arrive in Punta Cana THE NEXT DAY.

So not only do you have to pay a fortune to fly there, you also lose a night of your vacation being stuck in an airport in Charlotte or Atlanta.

Meanwhile, I could go to Istanbul or Dubai faster, and for around the same price as it would cost to fly 3 hrs to the Bahamas.

Shit is wack, yo.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#5 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,538 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 13 January 2014 - 10:33 AM

Lots of 'em:  the upside to being young, single and having a decent job.

-Already took an extended trip to a ski resort in PA two weeks ago for my buddy's wedding

-Hoping to hit up Sarasota for Spring Training in early March (doubtful at this point)

-Going to Miami/Key West for a Marlins game (stadium #29) and fishing in mid-April

-Charleston, SC in late June

-Seattle in late July for a Mariners game (stadium #30!) followed by spending a week in Los Angeles for another buddy's wedding, not to mention that same kid's bachelor party a month or so earlier -- he's mentioned everything from white water rafting in WV to going to Spain so who the heck knows -- he needs to pick a best man and get on that.

That's it for now -- I usually also visit NYC 2-3 times per year and I'd like to get back to Fenway now that I have a buddy living up there and JetBlue flights from BWI to BOS are pretty cheap.

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#6 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,463 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 13 January 2014 - 10:35 AM

OBX for a week in August probably. Other then that, trying to plan a baseball trip or two, but not sure how that's going to go down yet. The rest are staycations. Five weeks of vacation starting this year based on my tenure/position with my organization. Pretty excited about that.

#7 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,538 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 10:37 AM

OBX for a week in August probably. Other then that, trying to plan a baseball trip or two, but not sure how that's going to go down yet. The rest are staycations. Five weeks of vacation starting this year based on my tenure/position with my organization. Pretty excited about that.

Damn, that's pretty sweet.  Makes my 3 weeks look like nothing.

@bopper33

#8 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,463 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 13 January 2014 - 10:44 AM

Damn, that's pretty sweet.  Makes my 3 weeks look like nothing.

Some stereotypes about bankers are true. ;)

#9 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,552 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 11:34 AM

Going to NYC this weekend. We're lucky and have some friends who live in Manhattan so we crash for free. And they're the ones we're planning the trip with so we'll try to make some progress on that front.

We're going to try to make it to Brooklyn for some of the legendary pizza there. Di Fara, Totonno's, etc.

It'll be hard to beat Keste, but we'll try.

#10 KWebz

KWebz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 722 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 03:07 PM

Hoping to visit New Orleans for the first time this summer by way of the National Elks Convention It's always been a place I've wanted to visit and my parents (dad especially) is a BFD in the Elks organization which allows myself and a friend/significant other an open invitation to the national convention whenever I can make it fit my current work situation. The convention rotates throughout major cities in the country and I like to try to make it work anytime it's in an exciting place especially since airfare and hotel are covered. 

#11 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,538 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 03:09 PM

Oh yea, I'm likely going to New Orleans for the Ravens game this year, provided it's not on a holiday or something.

I'll also be taking my annual trip to Ocean City in May for Crusin' OC Week.

@bopper33

#12 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,552 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 03:19 PM

Yeah I hope to be in New Orleans for the Ravens game, too. Hopefully the airfare will be booked the night the schedule is released.

#13 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 13 January 2014 - 03:24 PM

Hoping to scrape together a trip to New York to watch the Orioles play the Yankees, and maybe a return trip to Chicago in August for the White Sox-Cubs week.

@DJ_McCann

#14 glenn__davis

glenn__davis

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,453 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 03:30 PM

Taking the family to Edisto Beach, S.C. for the 2nd year in a row.  Went last year for the first time and really enjoyed.  There is literally nothing there except the beach.  Seriously, it's an island with 1 grocery store, about 5 restaurants, and I don't believe a single traffic light.  My boys haven't stopped talking about it since last summer.

Also going to try to squeeze in a quick weekend trip to New York with my wife.  Never been there before, which is a travesty considering I've lived just a few hours away my whole life.  Not sure if I'll have the finances for that one though.

#15 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,463 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 13 January 2014 - 03:35 PM

Taking the family to Edisto Beach, S.C. for the 2nd year in a row.  Went last year for the first time and really enjoyed.  There is literally nothing there except the beach.  Seriously, it's an island with 1 grocery store, about 5 restaurants, and I don't believe a single traffic light.  My boys haven't stopped talking about it since last summer.

Also going to try to squeeze in a quick weekend trip to New York with my wife.  Never been there before, which is a travesty considering I've lived just a few hours away my whole life.  Not sure if I'll have the finances for that one though.

Edisto sounds like the OBX used to be... what's the pricing like down there for a week? I assume you rent a beach house, probably don't have hotels...

#16 McNulty

McNulty

la cerveza está muy fría

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,670 posts
  • LocationBS

Posted 13 January 2014 - 03:43 PM

I'm going on a 3.5 month trip from July to November, but I have no idea where and its not exactly a 'vacation'.   Punching holes in the ocean is more accurate.

Probably Alaska or some lame shit, but at least I won't have to watch the train wreck the second half of this O's season is bound to be.

For those of you going to New Orleans, I have been many times.  Luckily I have a good friend that is a local and has shown me the best spots.  Drop me a line if you go.

@fuzydunlop

#17 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,552 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 04:09 PM

If you do go, check out Megabus. The earlier you book, the cheaper.

#18 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,538 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 04:13 PM

Coincidentally, talked to a buddy today who is interested in Spring Training.  Looks like I'll likely be going to Sarasota in early March!

@bopper33

#19 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,234 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 13 January 2014 - 04:56 PM

What a coincidence.

A few friends of mine were just talking about what we're doing for spring break. We had planned on going to New Orleans for Mardi Gras, but we may be doing a huge road trip across the country, going all the way to the Grand Canyon.

Also planning a weekend in the spring for my first trip to Chicago.

#20 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,538 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 06:03 PM

Anyone here that has never been to Wrigley should STRONGLY consider going this year during interleague play...

@bopper33

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=