#81 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,754 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 02:57 PM

Wow, sounds like an awesome trip. 

I definitely want to go at some point, so I may hit you up for more info when that day approaches.

And when you make it to Puerto 511, let me know how it compares to the real thing.

Absolutely, just let me know!

#82 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,754 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 10:20 AM

Had dinner at Langermann's last night for my sister's birthday.  Great meal, their hanger steak is damn near perfect.

#83 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,557 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 10:35 AM

Barcocina in Fells Point -- great location, awesome views, we had good service, but mediocre food. I continue to be perplexed how Mexican/Spanish food can be bland but several restaurants manage to do it.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#84 tennOsfan

tennOsfan

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts
  • LocationJonesborough, TN

Posted 26 September 2014 - 07:33 PM

Shake Shack is massively overrated, as is typical of things in NYC.

#85 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 30 September 2014 - 09:38 AM

Shake Shack is massively overrated, as is typical of things in NYC.

I like it, but I do laugh at the people who wait a few innings for it at Nats Park. Just go a few more miles where there are cheaper prices and you aren't missing any of the game.

@levineps

#86 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,072 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 09:41 AM

Barcocina in Fells Point -- great location, awesome views, we had good service, but mediocre food. I continue to be perplexed how Mexican/Spanish food can be bland but several restaurants manage to do it.

Same thoughts.

Better Mexican... either Miguel's at Silo Point, or Xitomate (2 locations.. one at Turf Valley Town Center).

#87 PatrickDougherty

PatrickDougherty

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,204 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 10:10 AM

Same thoughts.

Better Mexican... either Miguel's at Silo Point, or Xitomate (2 locations.. one at Turf Valley Town Center).

I got the sushi taco at Barcocina and it was actually really great. It was also the only thing on their menu that was reasonably priced. The tacos are the only thing I've heard people compliment there food-wise. The margaritas were delicious too.

@pjd0014
I'm trying to be better about sharing code for reuse: Github

#88 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,754 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 10:12 AM

Same thoughts.

Haven't been to Xitomate (or have any idea how to pronounce it) but Miguel's is great.  Highly recommend.  Also, while it's a Mexican place, definitely try the few items on the menu that he carried over from Rub (which was my favorite restaurant in Baltimore before it closed when he opened Miguel's).

#89 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 03 October 2014 - 08:20 PM

@levineps

#90 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,557 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 09:01 PM

Nice to see Bryan expand into Baltimore beyond Aggio. He's a big O's fan!
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#91 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 08 November 2014 - 09:09 PM

Went to Sullivan's tonight...solid restaurant. The ratings I see of 4 out of 5 or so is about right imo.

We also saw Ngata and some other Ravens there(I didn't see the faces of the other guys) as well.

#92 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 07:30 AM

I havent seen anyone mention Annabel Lee Tavern in Highlandtown. One of my favorite places. Duck fat french fries are literally the best fries i have even had. Also BBQ chicken nachos are top notch. I had a basic burger and it was fantastic. (I usually get a burger the first time I go somewhere because if you cant cook a burger, why would I trust anything else). Cant wait to go back again.

Also urban spoon gives it 92%. So im not the only one.
@BSLMikeRandall

#93 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,357 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 09 November 2014 - 10:40 AM

Went to Iggies last night for pizza. Thought it was too flimsy, but the nutella dessert pizza was one of the best desserts I've ever had!

#94 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,557 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 12:20 PM

Fleet Street kitchen last nite. Good cocktails and we had a matsutake mushroom app. Delish. I'd like to go for a full dinner sometime.

#95 Mashed Potatoes

Mashed Potatoes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,023 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 05:58 PM

I havent seen anyone mention Annabel Lee Tavern in Highlandtown. One of my favorite places. Duck fat french fries are literally the best fries i have even had. Also BBQ chicken nachos are top notch. I had a basic burger and it was fantastic. (I usually get a burger the first time I go somewhere because if you cant cook a burger, why would I trust anything else). Cant wait to go back again.

Also urban spoon gives it 92%. So im not the only one.

Salt Tavern's duck fat fries poop all over Annabel Lee's. Try em!

• McNulty likes this
@DaKittenz

#96 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,754 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 08:24 PM

Annabel is really really good. I wish the duck fat fries didn't have their seasoning on them, though. I'd like to just taste the difference between duck fat and peanut oil, but its overwhelmed by the seasoning. <br /><br />I can't remember not enjoying anything I've eaten there, and I live two blocks away so I go a lot.

#97 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 09:05 AM

We went to Volt in Frederick last night. For $95 you get a six course meal. Granted the courses are small because its fancy as hell. But the food was delicious. Despite the small plates a big guy like me was actually full at the end. Probably because I took my time and savored it. Im a guy that houses a large pizza in 20 minutes and feels sick for hours after.

It was a slow night so the chef brought us out an extra appitizer with a few small bites, and an extra dessert flight, again small bites. Also sent us home with coffee cakes for breakfast the next day. I thought that was nice considering the $$$.

Its amazing how they come up with these food combinations. Stuff I would never eat like squash, mushrooms, radishes, duck liver, I ate it all. One dish was like a ravioli with a squash and white chocolate puree with an egg yolk inside. Topped with shredded duck liver. Once you cut into it, the liver dissolved into the yolk/puree. Crazy delicious.

Id recommended it for a really special occasion, because its pricy. You really have to be open minded. Dont get queasy when they bring you the breaded and fried thymus glands of a baby cow.
@BSLMikeRandall

#98 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,557 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 11:10 AM

Volt is amazing.

And yeah, it's definitely a special occasion type place. 

Check out Range in Chevy Chase if you want to explore some more Voltaggio restaurants.

Family Meal in Frederick is also good.

• Mike in STL likes this

#99 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 11:14 AM

Volt is amazing.

And yeah, it's definitely a special occasion type place. 

Check out Range in Chevy Chase if you want to explore some more Voltaggio restaurants.

Family Meal in Frederick is also good.

Are they all as expensive, or does he have a more reasonable option that you could frequent regularly? I think Aggio is another one he opened recently, but I understand it's just like Volt.

@BSLMikeRandall

#100 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,557 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 11:19 AM

They're all pricey. Voltaggio doesn't do cheap food at all.

Family Meal is probably the cheapest but even then you're paying $12 for a burger with no sides.

Still very good though.

Range is another special occasion type place but the menu is huge and everything is good. Probably very easy to drop $150 for two people.

I haven't been to Aggio. But yeah, it looks like a small portion place with a steep price tag. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=