#1 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,294 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 28 February 2012 - 10:14 PM

So the beer that's ranked as the best in world here: http://beeradvocate.com/lists/popular will be at various Philly bars in early March!

http://philly.thedri... ... 2-Edition-

Oh and a few reviews:

Stone Sublimely Self Righteous Ale is incredible!
Sierra Nevada Ruthless Rye IPA is really good.
Evolution Lot #3 is great.

And I've recently been to the Dogfish Brewpub and had some of their new beers as well as a dark beer event at Iron Hill in Wilmington if anyone cares.

#2 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,683 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 10:19 PM

A couple of favorites:

Terrapin Beer: http://terrapinbeer.com/ All of their beers are good, the Golden is excellent.

Hitachino Nest Beer White Ale: http://www.ratebeer....hite-ale/10526/

#3 Tucker Blair

Tucker Blair

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts
  • LocationElkridge, MD

Posted 28 February 2012 - 11:42 PM

My FAVORITE and go-to beer is Raging Bitch Belgian IPA by Flying Dog Brewery http://beeradvocate....rofile/68/52855

I get this all the time and it is superb.

#4 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,294 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 09:04 PM

I had Pliny The Younger today. Amazing! If you can make it to Philly when the beer is being tapped, I'd highly recommend it.

#5 Adam Wolff

Adam Wolff

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,294 posts
  • LocationWaynesboro, PA

Posted 07 March 2012 - 02:04 PM

My FAVORITE and go-to beer is Raging Bitch Belgian IPA by Flying Dog Brewery http://beeradvocate....rofile/68/52855

I get this all the time and it is superb.

Big fan of Raging Bitch. Stumbled across it at a store in NoVA and had to buy it based purely off of name alone. Definitely enjoyed it!

@AdamWolff

#6 Tyler Bingaman

Tyler Bingaman
  • Members
  • 332 posts
  • LocationWaynesboro, PA

Posted 21 April 2012 - 05:35 PM

I'm a big fan of craft beer, the more local the better, nothing better than a nice brewery tour.

Too many favorites to mention, but a couple that are very local to me are Appalachian Brewing Company out of Gettysburg, PA, and Roy Pitz in Chambersburg, PA... if there are any enthusiasts out there that ever make it to this area, I would certainly accompany you and enjoy some good beer!

Currently drinking Heavy Seas: Dubbel Cannon.... everything they make is awesome, can't wait to get down to Baltimore and tour the brewery someday, has anyone done this?
@bings012

#7 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,343 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:21 PM

Flying Dog in general is a great brewery. I really enjoy their Tire Bite Ale. Delicious, and not too heavy.

I've definitely enjoyed New Belgium's offering, particularly Fat Tire, which is new to this area.

#8 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,294 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:41 PM

Flying Dog in general is a great brewery. I really enjoy their Tire Bite Ale. Delicious, and not too heavy.

I've definitely enjoyed New Belgium's offering, particularly Fat Tire, which is new to this area.

New Belgium along with Sierra Nevada are building new breweries in and around Asheville, NC, so expect wider distribution to the East Coast once that happens.

#9 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,275 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:29 PM

One of my favorite places here in Portland is closing after this Saturday, the New Old Lompoc on NW 23rd. To commemorate the occasion they are releasing a Double IPA simply called "Lompocalypse." As an IPA lover I'll be there Friday night to toast a farewell.

http://www.newoldlom...mpoc_home.html#

#10 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,294 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:33 PM

One of my favorite places here in Portland is closing after this Saturday, the New Old Lompoc on NW 23rd. To commemorate the occasion they are releasing a Double IPA simply called "Lompocalypse." As an IPA lover I'll be there Friday night to toast a farewell.

http://www.newoldlom...mpoc_home.html#

Never heard of it, but enjoy their final night. It's good to have a fellow IPA lover on here.

Favorite IPAs?

#11 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,275 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:47 PM

Never heard of it, but enjoy their final night. It's good to have a fellow IPA lover on here.

Favorite IPAs?

The great thing about living in Oregon is you can drink so many great beers and never have one brewed out of state. Local IPAs I regularly enjoy are Mirror Pond from Deschutes (Bend), Total Domination from Ninkasi (Eugene) and Bridgeport (Portland). I also like Sweetwater (Atlanta), and while you're in San Diego (I think you mentioned you'd be there soon in another thread) I recommend you try the West Coast IPA at the Green Flash Brewing Co.

#12 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,294 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:56 PM

I haven't tried any of those but Mirror Pond, which I recall liking, but not loving. It's been a while, though.

Yeah, West Coast IPA is very good and I may go to their brewery. Ballast Point and Stone are also under consideration, and they have two of my favorite IPAs: Sculpin and Ruination. Stone Sublimely Righteous Ale is a tremendous Black IPA.

Both Pliny's are fantastic and probably my favorite.

Plenty of other top notch IPAs in CA as well.

Dogfish 75 and 90 minute are great.

#13 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,275 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:06 AM

I've had the Sculpin IPA, pretty good. Stone Brewing Co. was at the Oregon Brewer's Festival last summer and they had a double dry-hopped IPA which I really liked.

#14 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,455 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 08:13 AM

Tire Bite is going to be phased out so buy as much of it as you can if you're a fan. I enjoyed it but wasn't crazy about it. TB will be replaced with Underdog Atlantic Lager. My favorite FD beer is the Backyard Ale which was made with Bryan Voltaggio from Volt. Smoky deliciousness.
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#15 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,455 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 08:15 AM

New Belgium along with Sierra Nevada are building new breweries in and around Asheville, NC, so expect wider distribution to the East Coast once that happens.

Asheville, NC is a beer drinker's paradise. Tons of breweries in a city the size of Wilmington, DE.

Mother Earth Endless River Kolsch is probably the best beer that's ever touched my lips and it's sold nowhere outside of the NC area. :cry:
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#16 Tyler Bingaman

Tyler Bingaman
  • Members
  • 332 posts
  • LocationWaynesboro, PA

Posted 28 April 2012 - 08:21 PM

New Belgium is new to me... still not getting it in PA, but fortunately I am close enough to MD to enjoy some. I have loved everything I have tried from them, favorites are Fat Tire, Ranger, 1554, Dig.
@bings012

#17 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,683 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 07:17 AM

With the full arrival of Summer, what are some of your favorite Summer beers?

Esquire:http://www.esquire.c...-040811#slide-1

#18 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,343 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 21 June 2012 - 08:04 AM

New Belgium is new to me... still not getting it in PA, but fortunately I am close enough to MD to enjoy some. I have loved everything I have tried from them, favorites are Fat Tire, Ranger, 1554, Dig.

I like all of those, especially Fat Tire as a solid go to.

Their summer seasonal, Somersault, was a bit much for me - wasn't crazy about it. Anyone else had it?

Chris - I've been drinking some Sam Adam's Summer Ale the past week or so, it's very good. That's usually my summer go-to.

#19 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,343 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 21 June 2012 - 08:09 AM

Tire Bite is going to be phased out so buy as much of it as you can if you're a fan. I enjoyed it but wasn't crazy about it. TB will be replaced with Underdog Atlantic Lager. My favorite FD beer is the Backyard Ale which was made with Bryan Voltaggio from Volt. Smoky deliciousness.

I've really enjoyed Atlantic Lager, very good. I have a friend who is the finance manager at Volt, and she turned me on to Backyard Ale - it's great stuff.

I'd highly recommend touring their brewery to those who haven't done it. It's in Frederick, and is a really good time - they take care of you, if you know what I'm saying. I haven't done it in a few years, so I'm probably going to try and do that soon.

#20 KRL224

KRL224
  • Members
  • 495 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 21 June 2012 - 08:25 AM

Had the Table Beer by Stillwater Artisinal Ales last night. Loved it, though the $17 for a 22oz bottle was a touch steep!

http://www.ratebeer....strumke/167565/
@KRL224

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=