Photo

BSL: MD's comeback falls short at BB&T; What did we see?

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,266 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 06:09 PM

BSL: MD's comeback falls short at BB&T; What did we see?
http://baltimorespor...s-short-bb-see/

Maryland was down 66-54 with 6:09 left today, when Dez Wells fouled out. MD would go on a run to tie the game at 73 with 1:07 left. GW would get the win, when Maurice Creek hit the game winner with under a second left.

With the 77-75 loss, the Terrapins fall to 5-4 on the year.

What did we see?

1) Can MD get to the tournament without winning today? Sure. Picked to finish 7th in the Atlantic Coast Conference in the preseason, they'd have to match that at the minimum, and have multiple significant wins. That is going to be made harder by the fact that due to MD's schedule, there are less opportunities for marquee wins.

Or they would have to do significant damage in the ACCT.

You expected MD to lose to UConn (slight underdog, but still expected to lose.) You expected MD to lose at Ohio State. You did not expect MD to lose to Oregon State. Going into the year, you did not expect MD to lose today vs. GW.

With the loss today, MD’s only OOC wins of any note will be Northern Iowa, and Providence (and hopefully Tulsa, and Boston University). That resume does very little for MD, leaving MD’s chances almost solely to their results in conference play.

MD will play 18 conference games. There is probably a 95% chance that they win 7 to 10 games. At 7 or 8 wins, they will be on the wrong side of the bubble going into the ACCT. 9 will have them roughly on it, or the last 4 out. At 10 wins, they’d probably be in.

This was clearly a very important game for the Terps. Credit MD for fighting back, but not breaking through with the W, could very easily come back to hurt later.

2) Maryland was down 41-29 at the half. In the first 20 minutes, GW shot 42% from the floor; while holding MD to just 30%.  For the game, GW shot 44%, and MD was limited to 39%. MD was just 5 of 19 from 3. The battle on the boards was roughly even (GW with the 38-36 edge). GW had 19 turnovers, while MD had 18.

3) Varun Ram started for MD today, which is a compliment to Ram’s play – and something which was unfathomable just a few weeks ago. In the 1st half, the only thing on his stat line was 1 turnover, and 2 fouls. Despite the start, Peters replaced him less than 90 seconds into the game. Down 12 (66-54) Ram badly missed an open 3. The next time down the court, he hit a 3 while being fouled. He did not make his FT though. With the FT miss, MD was down 11 (68-57) with 5 minutes left.

4) After a horrible game at Ohio State, Layman had MD’s first basket today. However, that was his only score of the 1st half. As we talked about Wednesday, Maryland’s offense is just unbelievably limited when Layman is not scoring. A Layman 3 made it 48-40 with 15:50 left. Using a nice shot-fake, Layman drove to the basket and scored through contact. With a made FT, MD closed to within 9 (54-45). At the 10 minute mark, another drive resulted in a turnover. Coming off an open screen, Layman missed an open 3 with 8 minutes left. Nice defensive play from Layman with 4:10 left. Layman followed a miss from Smotrycz to make it 70-67 with 3:20 left. Another layup from Layman made it a 2 point game with 1:50 left. Layman finished with 13 points, and 6 boards.

5) Smotrycz had 3 1st half turnovers for MD. On the positive side, he did have 7 points and 4 boards. In the 2nd half, Smotrycz was doing a good job of not only helping on the boards, but looking to start breaks by finding teammates with nice outlet passes down the court. Down 5 (68-63), Smotrycz missed an open 3.  Two FT’s from Smotrycz again made it a 5 point game with 3:40 left. Smotrycz finished with 11 points, and 6 boards. He was just 2 of 9 from the floor.

6) Wells led MD in FG attempts in the 1st half (7), and was tied with Smotrycz in the scoring high at 7. His first basket came on a drive to the basket, finishing at the rim. Running the court like a freight-train, Wells pulled MD to within 11 (45-34) with 17 mts left in the 2nd half. With MD down 12, Wells missed a layup in transition. Taking a nice pass from Smotrycz, Wells again bullied his way to basket. This time he would score to make it 54-47. A steal at the top of the key, led to a breakaway dunk. This made it 58-50 GW with 9:30 left. Wells would foul out of the game with 6:09 left. Wells finished with 16 points, 3 boards, 3 assists, 2 steals, and 1 block.

7) As mentioned above, Peters did enter the game early on. Still looking for him to assert himself as MD’s best option at the point. You want to see him be able to facilitate for his teammates. In the 1st half, he has just 1 assist. What he does best at this point is driving to the rim. Fantastic drive from Peters with 14+ minutes left, pulling MD within 8 (50-42). After a good defensive play from Layman, Peters got 3 points the old-fashioned way. This made it 68-63 with 4:06 left.  Nice steal and finish from Peters with 3 minutes left to make it a 2 point game. 2 FT’s from Peters tied the game at 75 with 20 seconds left. Peters finished with 11 points, 3 assists, and 3 steals.

8) Faust came off the bench, and immediately launched a 3 (which was missed). At some point he has to realize why he is given so many open 3′s. Great reverse from Faust with 6:30 left.  With MD down 11, Faust hit an open 3 (there was no GW defender within 10 feet). This made it 68-60 GW with 4:16 left. He took (and missed) another open 3 with 3 minutes left. Unbelievably athletic defensive play with 2 minutes left from Faust. Great hustle as well. This got MD the ball back down 4. Faust had 7 points, 3 assists, and 3 steals. His defense made a difference down the stretch.

9) The more we see of Dodd, the more we like. While raw, he has really good size and athleticism. He has to continue to play.

10) Graham saw a fair amount of time today. A move that shows Coach Turgeon is searching for answers. Losing his balance on a jam attempt, Graham was still able to finish and convert at the line for a 3 point play. With 13:13 left, Graham was called for a moving screen. With his most playing time this year, Graham had 5 points, 5 boards, and 3 blocks.

11) Cleare did a good job of getting to the line early in the 2nd half. With 10:26 left, he fought hard to retain possession for MD. There simply has to be more production from him, to justify the minutes he is receiving though. Cleare 3 points, and 3 boards.

12) Down 48-40, MD came out of a timeout, and got Mitchell the ball in the post. Mitchell had great position, but after a good spin, was not able to finish. Mitchell followed a Smotrycz miss to tie the game at 73. Going to the floor, Mitchell was called for a fould with 29 seconds left. This sent GW to the line for the lead. Mitchell had 6 points, and 6 boards.

13) With under 8 minutes left, Coach Turgeon was called for a technical. Clearly Turgeon had been irritated for sometime, with TV Analyst John Feinstein mentioning several minutes before that Turgeon had to watch himself. It was understandable that Turgeon was irritated by the call, but the technical did not help MD’s ability to win. Creek made his 2 Technical FT’s, and made his 2 regular FT’s for a 14 point GW lead.

14) Down 14 points, and with Wells fouled out; MD went on a nice run to get back into the game. 3 point plays from Ram, Faust, and Peters gave the Terps a chance down the stretch. MD’s defensive pressure over the last several minutes was immense. If they played at that level every game, all game; they would be a force.

15) MD was 20 of 26 at the foul line today. Good job getting to the line, and converting once there.

#2 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 08 December 2013 - 06:10 PM

They should have been able to win 2 of those 4 games.

I largely agree with this.

@levineps

#3 ChrisGarman

ChrisGarman
  • Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 06:13 PM

They should have been able to win 2 of those 4 games.

I like that, losing to UConn and Ohio State is somewhat expected. I think you should expect to be beat Oregon State at home and even GW at Verizon.

They should have beaten Oregon State especially being at home and this game was there for them to take.  They have all cupcakes remaining in non-conference, not good.

@Garmelo10

#4 Hooded Viper

Hooded Viper

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,678 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 06:51 PM

Turgeon is just not a good in game coach. I have yet to see a good in game adjustment.

#5 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,355 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 08 December 2013 - 09:36 PM

Terps play their first ACC game against Boston College on Thursday. Quick turnaround for the FAU game 2 days later. The only decent non-conference team they play is Tulsa. Other than that, it's all cupcakes before they play GT in the beginning of January.

@BSLZackKiesel

#6 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 08 December 2013 - 10:21 PM

Terps play their first ACC game against Boston College on Thursday. Quick turnaround for the FAU game 2 days later. The only decent non-conference team they play is Tulsa. Other than that, it's all cupcakes before they play GT in the beginning of January.

I've never understood this with the ACC scheduling, playing your first conference game in the middle of December and then taking a break until the following year.

@levineps

#7 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 08 December 2013 - 10:42 PM

I've never understood this with the ACC scheduling, playing your first conference game in the middle of December and then taking a break until the following year.

Looking at past schedules (ESPN has them back to 2001-02), Maryland's first conference game was usually Christmas week (December 28, 29 or 30 in 2001-02 through 2003-04). They would play an extra non-conference game or two before the main schedule began. When the schedule expanded in 2004-05, they moved up the start of conference play a week or so, and that first game got pushed back ahead of finals.

Of course, in 2011-12 and 2012-13 they just started the conference schedule the second week of January.

@DJ_McCann

#8 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,266 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 11:08 PM

Patrick Stevens was on Lance's show last week, and maintained it was not random... but a gift from the ACC to teams to give them a game of note during a mostly quiet/down period. Makes some sense... but I'd prefer that you didn't have a conference game, followed by 4 more OOC games.

#9 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 08 December 2013 - 11:12 PM

Patrick Stevens was on Lance's show last week, and maintained it was not random... but a gift from the ACC to teams to give them a game of note during a mostly quiet/down period. Makes some sense... but I'd prefer that you didn't have a conference game, followed by 4 more OOC games.

Yep I don't like it, to me it's counterproductive to do this. But there's a reason I guess. I don't think it's bad when you play that random OOC game in the middle of February however to give team's a bit of a break from conference play.

@levineps

#10 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 12:41 AM

Turgeon is just not a good in game coach. I have yet to see a good in game adjustment.

Oh, you mean like going to the trap that got them in the game.  Ridiculous.

You can't make players execute better. It's that simple. He runs a play for Layman in the last 30 sec. Something people were bitching about not doing against UConn. GW covers the initial opton in Layman and Mitchell rolls to the basket after his screen. Layman finds him cutting and Mitchell can't hold onto the ball and then jumps on a guy and fouls him putting him at the line with 15 sec left in the game. Clearly Turge's fault. You can't teach stupid. If youre gonna bitch about anything at this point, its the same thing to bitch about with Gary. He didn't recruit good enough players.

#11 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 12:52 AM

These players have no chance to go 10-8 ish in the ACC. It's pretty much already time to look forward to next year.

We have no offense in the post. We have no defense in the post.

I have never seen a team miss so many shots around the rim. Like, I get the ones where the big shot blocking threat comes over and swats your shot or influences your shot. I'm talking about point blank range bricks and missed layups. Can someone teach Dez Wells to finish on the left side of the rim with his left hand. Even with a name like Layman, he can't make a layup.

Smo had 2 or 3 open looks from 3 once we got close late and he bricked all of them. Wasn't particularly close to getting one of them to fall. His buttcheeks tightened up.

The only thing this team has done, can do well is play full court defense/score in transition. The rest is painful to watch. Any team that can play halfcourt offense and defense at an adequate level and break a press will beat us.

#12 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 09 December 2013 - 01:09 AM

You can't make players execute better. It's that simple. He runs a play for Layman in the last 30 sec. Something people were bitching about not doing against UConn. GW covers the initial opton in Layman and Mitchell rolls to the basket after his screen. Layman finds him cutting and Mitchell can't hold onto the ball and then jumps on a guy and fouls him putting him at the line with 15 sec left in the game. Clearly Turge's fault. You can't teach stupid. If your gonna bitch about anything at this point, its the same thing to bitch about with Gary. He didn't recruit good enough players.

After every loss, do you have to relate it back to Gary Williams? We've only had the GW legacy discussion after like every game so far this season. Gary Williams hasn't coached a game since March 2011. This team is Mark Turgeon's at this point. Gary Williams role diminishes by the day.

@levineps

#13 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,355 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 09 December 2013 - 01:30 AM

You can't make players execute better. It's that simple. He runs a play for Layman in the last 30 sec. Something people were bitching about not doing against UConn. GW covers the initial opton in Layman and Mitchell rolls to the basket after his screen. Layman finds him cutting and Mitchell can't hold onto the ball and then jumps on a guy and fouls him putting him at the line with 15 sec left in the game. Clearly Turge's fault. You can't teach stupid. If your gonna bitch about anything at this point, its the same thing to bitch about with Gary. He didn't recruit good enough players.

I think there's blame on both sides. The in-game adjustment point is a fair one. I liked the fact that he went to the full-court press, but I'm not sure why he waits so long to do that in games. It gets the team playing harder and faster, which is when they succeed most. If they're going to play fast and out of control anyway, why not put in more full-court press? What bugs me is how long it takes him to make obvious changes. This team has never been very good at designed plays under Turgeon, and they haven't been very good this season. I liked the play for Layman, and he was smart enough to get the ball to Chuck, like you mentioned. And I agree that execution killed that play, and kills a lot of this team's drives. Lots and lots of mental mistakes, which aren't very much on Turgeon.

It's just frustrating to watch this team due to the poor execution and the slow adjustments. I wouldn't mind so much if they were getting outplayed talent-wise. But it bugs me when it's turnovers, stupid decisions, and huge mental errors that cost them games. They should have beaten Oregon State and George Washington, and would have if not for the mental mistakes and bad execution. 

Part of that is on Turgeon, though. It's up to him to make sure his team is disciplined, and I'm not seeing that so far. Obviously he's not the one taking the bad shots, but if he emphasized that enough, the team would get better. Plenty of coaches with less talented players have much more efficient teams, so Turge needs to find a way to discipline these guys. I know he puts on his tough-guy attitude in the press, but it's not helping. Free throw shooting and turnovers are still just as bad as when he got here, and it's the same players making the same dumb mistakes. But it really is tough to tell whether Turgeon isn't putting enough emphasis on discipline, or whether it's the players disregarding his coaching. Either way, something has to give, because you can't win when you play basketball like this.

• Greg Pappas likes this
@BSLZackKiesel

#14 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,355 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 09 December 2013 - 01:36 AM

Another thing: Free throw shooting is becoming an even bigger issue this season with the increased number of fouls. Many more games will be won and lost at the line. Turgeon has to find a way to get this team better at the line. Again, something has to give. Shooting 60% from the free-throw line is absolutely pathetic. Charles Mitchell is finally at 30% on the year. Only two players (Jake Layman, Dez Wells) are over 80%.

Get this: The Terps are 334th in the country in free-throw shooting. That's good for 18th worst. It's getting ridiculous.

Meanwhile, their next opponent (Boston College) is the best free-throw shooting team in the nation. Should be a fun matchup.

@BSLZackKiesel

#15 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 02:00 AM

I think there's blame on both sides. The in-game adjustment point is a fair one. I liked the fact that he went to the full-court press, but I'm not sure why he waits so long to do that in games. It gets the team playing harder and faster, which is when they succeed most. If they're going to play fast and out of control anyway, why not put in more full-court press? What bugs me is how long it takes him to make obvious changes. This team has never been very good at designed plays under Turgeon, and they haven't been very good this season. I liked the play for Layman, and he was smart enough to get the ball to Chuck, like you mentioned. And I agree that execution killed that play, and kills a lot of this team's drives. Lots and lots of mental mistakes, which aren't very much on Turgeon.

It's just frustrating to watch this team due to the poor execution and the slow adjustments. I wouldn't mind so much if they were getting outplayed talent-wise. But it bugs me when it's turnovers, stupid decisions, and huge mental errors that cost them games. They should have beaten Oregon State and George Washington, and would have if not for the mental mistakes and bad execution. 

Part of that is on Turgeon, though. It's up to him to make sure his team is disciplined, and I'm not seeing that so far. Obviously he's not the one taking the bad shots, but if he emphasized that enough, the team would get better. Plenty of coaches with less talented players have much more efficient teams, so Turge needs to find a way to discipline these guys. I know he puts on his tough-guy attitude in the press, but it's not helping. Free throw shooting and turnovers are still just as bad as when he got here, and it's the same players making the same dumb mistakes. But it really is tough to tell whether Turgeon isn't putting enough emphasis on discipline, or whether it's the players disregarding his coaching. Either way, something has to give, because you can't win when you play basketball like this.

And you don't want guys afraid to take open shots either and playing passive. It's just as bad to be too passive as it is over aggressive.  Roddy should have pulled up for more 12 feet jumpshots in this game. it was there all game even though it's probably not his shot. You have to take what the defense gives you. That's why you need a balanced team. One that can still do what they need to do when the other team is trying to take it away. MD can't do that.

As I said above, I don't see the talent. Stop looking at recruiting rankings. They aren't skilled enough. Cleare was a Top 50 player. Faust was a Top 50 player. Wells a Top 50 player. All of them are flawed and limited players. Even Jake, who I like, is a limited player. He has to get better putting the ball on the floor. Another Top 50 player.

The only thing I'll come back to is that this is a relatively young team. Faust is the only player on the team in the system for a 3rd year. Everyone else is basically a sophomore. That said, talent usually flashes early. You can't get better at certain aspects but basketball IQ flashes early.

There is a a decent core to start with here with Layman, Allen, Peters, Mitchell. All have some flaws and are limited but all are good enough to be part of a 7-8 man rotation of a Top 25 team. The problem is, they are all young, and in the case of Allen, hurt. The hope has to come in next years class adding to the core I mentioned above. At this point, screw Faust, Wells, CLeare. I wouldn't care if they all transferred next year. In fact, I hope Cleare does transfer and Turg can find some 5th year player/Juco/transfer that has some kind of offensive ability in the post.  

#16 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 02:16 AM

Im gonna try to go back and find some Wich St and A&M games to watch under Turg. See if there if some of the same issues that are here now showed themselves when he was there. My guess is I'll see much smarter and efficient basketball. That was his reputation coming into CP. I find it hard to believe everyone who was saying that was either wrong or completely blowing smoke up our asses.

Sometimes you get caught up in high ranking players. Some coaches do better with under the radar types. High ranking players can play with too much ego and a lack of fundamentals. It's hard to say because of injury, but arguably Allen was Turge's best recruit at MD so far. He was a non Top 100 guy. Really, the only thing that gives me hope is the supposed basketball IQ of the players he is brining in next year. I've read scouting reports on all of them and high basketball IQ has been associated with all of them other than maybe Reed. I think Turge may realize he doesn't have smart basketball players and emphasized that in his recruiting this past year. Luckily, they're supposedly talented too. Trimble and Wiley are Top 50 players. Nickens just outside Top 100.

This is why Turge's seat doesn't get hot for me until at least  '15. By that point he'll have had time to figure out what players he wants and needs for what he wants to do here and they'll all be in the program. I don't think people realize the mess Gary left this program in when he left. He left no talent in the program or on the way to the program. You cant recover from that in 2 years. It really pisses me off that he just basically threw his hands up and said Im done with this shit after a poor season and no hope for the immediate future.  Gary knew the outlook for '11 and '12 were piss poor. He basically said, Im not ruining my legacy anymore and skipped out in April or May. Making a coaching search that much harder for an inept AD and the job that much harder for his eventual replacement.

#17 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,266 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 08:17 AM

Another thing: Free throw shooting is becoming an even bigger issue this season with the increased number of fouls. Many more games will be won and lost at the line. Turgeon has to find a way to get this team better at the line. Again, something has to give. Shooting 60% from the free-throw line is absolutely pathetic. Charles Mitchell is finally at 30% on the year. Only two players (Jake Layman, Dez Wells) are over 80%.

Get this: The Terps are 334th in the country in free-throw shooting. That's good for 18th worst. It's getting ridiculous.

Meanwhile, their next opponent (Boston College) is the best free-throw shooting team in the nation. Should be a fun matchup.

Yesterday was one of the better days at the line though. They got to the line more often, and converted more often once there.

#18 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,266 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 08:34 AM

Im gonna try to go back and find some Wich St and A&M games to watch under Turg. See if there if some of the same issues that are here now showed themselves when he was there. My guess is I'll see much smarter and efficient basketball. That was his reputation coming into CP. I find it hard to believe everyone who was saying that was either wrong or completely blowing smoke up our asses.

Sometimes you get caught up in high ranking players. Some coaches do better with under the radar types. High ranking players can play with too much ego and a lack of fundamentals. It's hard to say because of injury, but arguably Allen was Turge's best recruit at MD so far. He was a non Top 100 guy. Really, the only thing that gives me hope is the supposed basketball IQ of the players he is brining in next year. I've read scouting reports on all of them and high basketball IQ has been associated with all of them other than maybe Reed. I think Turge may realize he doesn't have smart basketball players and emphasized that in his recruiting this past year. Luckily, they're supposedly talented too. Trimble and Wiley are Top 50 players. Nickens just outside Top 100.

This is why Turge's seat doesn't get hot for me until at least  '15. By that point he'll have had time to figure out what players he wants and needs for what he wants to do here and they'll all be in the program. I don't think people realize the mess Gary left this program in when he left. He left no talent in the program or on the way to the program. You cant recover from that in 2 years. It really pisses me off that he just basically threw his hands up and said Im done with this shit after a poor season and no hope for the immediate future.  Gary knew the outlook for '11 and '12 were piss poor. He basically said, Im not ruining my legacy anymore and skipped out in April or May. Making a coaching search that much harder for an inept AD and the job that much harder for his eventual replacement.

Gary left when Jordan Williams left, and the year before... they were tied for the Conference lead. The point about what Turgeon has inherited has been made. There is no need for you bring Gary up in every game discussion of the 2013-14 season.

There is also no hot seat for Turgeon. He signed an 8 year contract. He has that excellent recruiting class coming in to bolster the talent already here. He has numerous years left at MD.

I also don't think MD is some overly dumb team. They aren't a well-oiled machine, but that's what you get when you lose Allen, and moves are forced on the rest of the roster. Wells out of position for awhile. Peters getting even more minutes after missing his Sr year. Relying on a D3 walkon in Ram to play major minutes. Get Allen back, get PG settled with just average play, and everyone will look 'smarter.'

I wouldn't bet on MD getting 10 wins in ACC play....but I don't think it is unobtainable either. As long as there are no set-backs in Allen's return.

For example, one path to 10 wins... Georgia Tech, Notre Dame, @NCST, Pittsburgh, Miami, Florida State, Wake Forest, @Clemson, VaTech, UVA...

The margin for error there is very low though, I totally agree with that. 10 wins are possible, but not likely at this point. MD would have to be very good at home.

• Oriole85 likes this

#19 glenn__davis

glenn__davis

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,460 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 09:12 AM

Well we've got the Gary-bashing.  Quick, someone compare Edsall to Turgeon!

Just kidding, Chris :)

Yet another tough loss.  Didn't get to see this one so can't comment too much, I do legitimately feel bad for the staff and players because I think they're a good group of guys and I don't question their effort at all.  Just not really working out yet.

Hopefully they can beat BC, then get Allen back for the remainder of ACC schedule.  Looking forward to getting conference play started.

#20 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 09:13 AM

Don't buy the crap that my troll is spewing. I've mentioned Gary Williams in 2 game threads this year. I don't even know if the last big discussion on Gary was technically in a game thread.

Anyway, I'll still mention Gary when it's applicable. The other Terps message boards are still discussing Gary a good bit right now. It's ridiculous to think you can just divorce yourself from his era 2 years out.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=