283 replies to this topic

#281 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 06:24 PM

Well 10 points was the right number for the spread. Obviously, the wrong team.

I hope none of you bet with your heart instead of your head.

#282 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,092 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 06:26 PM

I expected Marshall to put up some points. I thought MD's offense would have more success.

#283 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,092 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 06:31 PM

Based on the fact that MD still has better talent than Marshall, even with the players who are injured and on the shelf. Based on the fact that the game is being played in Maryland (though a drivable distance for Marshall fans).

With the MD injuries, the talent difference isn't extreme, but MD should still be favored.

Marshall has a good, diverse offense... CUSA has decent athletes... Everyone saying Marshall hasn't played anyone good aside from VaTech is basically right.... but they did play other competitive teams, other teams with some talent. Such as Ohio, UTSA, Florida Atlantic, East Carolina, and Rice.

If MD isn't ready to play when the game kicks off... if they are not into it mentally, Marshall has enough offense to beat MD.  If MD practices well over the Month, and is motivated to get their 8th win... they will win, and win convincingly.

As far as MD being one of the worst 5 bowl teams... no, their not. Probably 12 teams I'd fairly easily take MD over, and there are another 7-8 tames of comparable talent.

I'd be irritated by a loss, and fairly ambivalent with a win. It would be good to win an 8th game. It would be annoying but inconsequential if they lost. Overall though, MD's already won. They've got the extra practice time... they get to tell the 2014 recruits they are closing with, they improved and went to a bowl. Same thing as they fully turn the page to the '15 class.

I still believe what I posted here....  couple things I had wrong...

1) With the players on the field, there didn't seem to be any talent difference between the teams... if there was, it was tilted to Marshall.

2) I did think MD was motivated to win...they looked like they were into the game... just wasn't enough..particularly with the defense not really able to slow Marshall.

I am irritated by the loss... but it's more annoying vs. consequential.  At-least they got the extra practice time, not that it did them much good today.

#284 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 27 December 2013 - 06:35 PM

I think during the game the announcers referenced some article recently written but I forget where they said it was from.

A blogger IIRC, regardless of what you think of Edsall, a minor bowl result should have little to no bearing on his future IMO.

@levineps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=