#101 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 05 January 2014 - 11:14 PM

I despise how NST and its mouthpieces try to divide the Baltimore fans. Heaven forbid Baltimore fans support the O's and Ravens and have the same passion for each team.

Amen!

Nestor throws a little negative Oriole slant into literally every Facebook post he makes, whether it's an Orioles thread or not. If he feels like he's not getting a ton of interest in say, a Ravens thread, he'll make a "and the Orioles have been doing this for years to their fans" type of comment if only to stir things up. It's an obsession.

@beginthebegin71

#102 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,078 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 07:11 PM

Washington Post: Ted Leonsis on eventually circumventing Comcast SportsNet
http://www.washingto...cast-sportsnet/

#103 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,078 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 09:46 PM

Are you a regular reader of Baltimore Sports Report and/or IHJJR?

#104 BSLMattJergensen

BSLMattJergensen

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 978 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 10:14 PM

Well I decided to jump back in. Lots of Angelos and WNST talk also relating to how the O's fans aren't sophisticated enough and thus put up with Angelos' nonsense.

It's comments like that that tuned me out years ago.

That and this self-serving article.

http://wnst.net/balt...birdsobviously/

Are you serious?

Really?!

I remembered writing a comment chastising his choice and asking why the Ravens playoff game vs. Denver in 2001 wasn't picked instead. NFL playoff football returns for the 1st time since 1977. Pretty important, eh?

No response. 

Well,I'm out then.

#105 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 17 March 2014 - 02:34 PM

@mattvensel Looks like this news is already out there in the Twittersphere, but I am leaving @baltimoresun to go cover the #Vikings for @StribSports.

@levineps

#106 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 17 March 2014 - 02:44 PM

"I can't wait to read the Peter Principles"

No one

• Pedro Cerrano likes this
@beginthebegin71

#107 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 19 March 2014 - 04:51 PM

@AdamKilgoreWP Ladies and gentlemen, your new MASN sideline reporter is @masnKolko. Prettiest one yet, if you ask me. Congrats!

The young male demographic rushes to their TV to watch Nats games now.

@levineps

#108 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 21 March 2014 - 03:51 PM

I give Nestor a lot of grief on here because of his Angelos "hate", but obviously all thoughts are with him and his wife as she battles Leukemia. 

• PD24, Oriole85 and DJ MC like this
@beginthebegin71

#109 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 02 April 2014 - 09:54 PM

I give Nestor a lot of grief on here because of his Angelos "hate", but obviously all thoughts are with him and his wife as she battles Leukemia. 

Yea, I just saw this article:

http://m.baltimorera...90&media-type=N

Classy for Tomlinson to reach out.

Hope Nestor's wife pulls through.

#110 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 03 April 2014 - 01:26 PM

Yea, I just saw this article:

http://m.baltimorera...90&media-type=N

Classy for Tomlinson to reach out.

Hope Nestor's wife pulls through.

That's just absolutely awesome. 

HUGE Kudos to Tomlin and Pagano..

Classy

@beginthebegin71

#111 glenn__davis

glenn__davis

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,453 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 07:26 AM

Has Glenn Clark been replaced by Nestor?  Nestor's been on on the drive home for a few weeks now, but I can't find the on-air schedule on the NST website.  I enjoy Clark, he's much better on his own than he was as Drew's sidekick.

Also, not sure how many on here listen, but has anyone else had trouble with the signal lately?  I always enjoyed listening to Baltimore Baseball this Morning on my way to work, but I haven't been able to get it in at all in the mornings this year. 

#112 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 22 April 2014 - 07:34 AM

Has Glenn Clark been replaced by Nestor?  Nestor's been on on the drive home for a few weeks now, but I can't find the on-air schedule on the NST website.  I enjoy Clark, he's much better on his own than he was as Drew's sidekick.

Also, not sure how many on here listen, but has anyone else had trouble with the signal lately?  I always enjoyed listening to Baltimore Baseball this Morning on my way to work, but I haven't been able to get it in at all in the mornings this year. 

Glenn does 11-2 or something now, Nestor does 2-6 I believe. He came back a few weeks ago.

Maybe its 12-3 for Glenn, and 3-6 for Aparicio now that I think about it. Something like that.

@beginthebegin71

#113 glenn__davis

glenn__davis

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,453 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 08:14 AM

What about Thyrl?  I know they use the Dan Patrick show to bridge between Drew and noon, right?

#114 PD24

PD24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 12:33 AM

Glenn does 11-2 or something now, Nestor does 2-6 I believe. He came back a few weeks ago.

Maybe its 12-3 for Glenn, and 3-6 for Aparicio now that I think about it. Something like that.

You sure are up to date on Nestor's time slot for someone that can't stand him :) 

• SBTarheel likes this
@PeterDiLutis

#115 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:16 AM

You sure are up to date on Nestor's time slot for someone that can't stand him :)

It's always good to know so you can stay away ;)

@DJ_McCann

#116 211sports

211sports
  • Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 11:38 AM

I checked out on WNST about 5 years ago.  105.7 is OK, but a lot of the on-air talent is just bad and they give too much time to Ravens and Orioles and not enough to other local sports news.  I listed to national shows on Sirius now more than ever.

I don't need a rehash of every pitch / at-bat for every O's game. So many games just don't carry enough weight for the amount of air time given.

@scotk09

#117 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 30 April 2014 - 11:43 AM

Touche..Nothing personal.

To be fair, i have been keeping up with his Facebook out of concern/compassion for what his wife is going through. Very inspirational stuff, regardless of his obsession with Angelos.

@beginthebegin71

#118 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 30 April 2014 - 11:50 AM

I checked out on WNST about 5 years ago.  105.7 is OK, but a lot of the on-air talent is just bad and they give too much time to Ravens and Orioles and not enough to other local sports news.  I listed to national shows on Sirius now more than ever.

I don't need a rehash of every pitch / at-bat for every O's game. So many games just don't carry enough weight for the amount of air time given.

What do you want 105.7 covering in the summer in terms of local sports besides the O's/Ravens TC? There's not exactly any college action going on.

@levineps

#119 211sports

211sports
  • Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 11:57 AM

I get the Os/Ravens are always going to dominate the local scene...no issues w/ that. But there are times, IMO, when they don't need to be 100% of the talk. There is college news and lots of national stories too.

Example being a few weeks ago 105.7 gave NOTHING on The Masters (national) or the MD / Hopkins lacrosse game (local). All I heard the entire week was Ravens draft and Orioles game reviews....blah blah blah.

A little variety would go a long way.

@scotk09

#120 Markus

Markus

The Great Cornholio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,363 posts
  • LocationIn-N-Out Sucks, CA

Posted 07 May 2014 - 11:02 AM

Steinberg straight pwning Mike Wise.  It's gold, Jerry!  Gold!

Mike Wise is wrong a lot

Lemme get two claps and a Ric Flair

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=