2650 replies to this topic

#2581 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 02 November 2022 - 05:44 PM

The Last of Us will premiere on January 15th. Could the video game curse for tv's and movies finally be over?

The cast of Doom was way ahead of it’s time.

I also enjoyed Sonic for what it is.
@BSLMikeRandall

#2582 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,498 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 02 November 2022 - 09:21 PM

The Last of Us will premiere on January 15th. Could the video game curse for tv's and movies finally be over?

🤞

#2583 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,686 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 03 November 2022 - 07:43 AM

The cast of Doom was way ahead of it’s time.

I also enjoyed Sonic for what it is.

Doom was fun and the first person pov scene was great but I wouldn't  call it a good movie.  There are several other "fun" video game movies but nothing that I would consider to be great.  Never seen the Sonic movie myself.

FWIW I've heard that the Halo Series was pretty good, but I don't have paramount plus so I wouldn't know.  Years ago there was a miniseries called Forward Unto Dawn (this was leading up to one of the game launches 4 I think), that was pretty good for a limited budget.

Regarding the "The Last of Us"  the story for that game is phenomenal (if the season follows the first game even better) and HBO usually doesn't miss on what they bring to the small screen, throw in Pedro Pascal and the potential for something great is there.  For the record Pascal's portrayal of Oberyn Martell (one of my favorite fictional characters) is still one of the best out there!

Apparently Amazon is also working on a Fallout Series, no idea if that will be good or not but I'm sure it will at least look great

#2584 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,498 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 03 November 2022 - 01:17 PM

I couldn’t get into Halo, only lasted one episode. The Sonic movies are fun but certainly not great or even “good”. The Last of Us has a chance to be elite.
  • DuffMan likes this

#2585 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,314 posts

Posted 03 November 2022 - 11:52 PM

The Halo series is garbage.  It spit in the fans' face with how they completely ignored any of the established universe.  It's almost a completely different story they just put Master Chief to try to win an audience.

That said, HBO is doing The Last of Us and it has Pedro Pascal.  I expect it to be watchable.

#2586 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,686 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 08 December 2022 - 03:04 PM

There was another trailer out for The Last of Us, o man it looks awful/great.  

Caught the first episode of "Willow" it was decent.  I'm interested enough I will at least watch another episode or two.

#2587 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,462 posts

Posted 08 December 2022 - 04:00 PM

Last of Us looks like The Walking Dead and that is not a good thing.

I like the guy who is running the show; he did Chernobyl which is one of the best shows of all time and I love Pascal...so that bodes well for it...but I am over the zombie apocalypse stuff.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#2588 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,498 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 08 December 2022 - 05:33 PM

The story is probably the best video games have ever done so I'd say give it a chance.

• DuffMan likes this

#2589 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,686 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 08 December 2022 - 09:15 PM

Have you read or seen "The Road " the mood/atmosphere is similar to that.

#2590 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,686 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 15 December 2022 - 08:56 AM

Caught the first episode of "Willow" it was decent.  I'm interested enough I will at least watch another episode or two.

I think I'm about done with Willow, this show doesn't know what it wants to be.  Ringer Verse referred to it as "diet fantasy" and that seems like a good synopsis of it.  I think my biggest gripe about this show is the dialogue.

#2591 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,686 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 10 January 2023 - 05:25 PM

https://www.darkhori...-100-rt-rating/

How does a 100% on RT and best video game adaptation sound? I mean I was going to check it out regardless, but excited to see the show could be living up to thr hype.

I read that the 9 episode season 1 will cover the entire first game. While it's sounding like maybe 2 seasons for the second game. Smart move to not stretch this show out any longer than it needs to.
  • BobPhelan likes this

#2592 Mashed Potatoes

Mashed Potatoes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts

Posted 29 January 2023 - 10:09 AM

Just finished Outer Range and loved it, think Dark meets Yellowstone.
@DaKittenz

#2593 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,278 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 31 January 2023 - 07:06 PM

King of the hill debuted 20 years ago today.

Commence "damn I'm getting old" feeling.

It's coming back for a reboot on Hulu. Sounds like most of the same cast.

https://variety.com/...u-2-1235507813/

• glenn__davis and Mike in STL like this

#2594 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,295 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 21 February 2023 - 09:13 PM

Chef's Table on Netflix is really well done. I'm currently watching the pizza season and at times getting inspired to start a pizzeria even though I have none of the requisite skills and at times getting choked up over the stories of some of the people's lives (ep.3 for sure).
  • Mashed Potatoes likes this

#2595 mdrunning

mdrunning

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,367 posts

Posted 28 February 2023 - 11:38 PM

Today (Feb. 28) is the 40th anniversary of the M*A*S*H finale, still the most-watched episode of any scripted series ever.

• Hooded Viper and Mike B like this

#2596 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,462 posts

Posted 01 March 2023 - 07:53 AM

Chef's Table on Netflix is really well done. I'm currently watching the pizza season and at times getting inspired to start a pizzeria even though I have none of the requisite skills and at times getting choked up over the stories of some of the people's lives (ep.3 for sure).

You should look into buying an Ooni pizza oven. I have been making pies for 10 years and the oven really stepped up my pizza game. There are all kinds of ovens out there, not just Ooni but being able to cook pizzas at 900 degrees makes a world of difference. 

• mweb08, Mashed Potatoes, Nigel Tufnel and 1 other like this
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#2597 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,875 posts

Posted 02 March 2023 - 09:09 AM

You should look into buying an Ooni pizza oven. I have been making pies for 10 years and the oven really stepped up my pizza game. There are all kinds of ovens out there, not just Ooni but being able to cook pizzas at 900 degrees makes a world of difference. 

How do you store the Ooni when you're not using it?  That's the biggest roadblock for me, but maybe it's a non-issue?

#2598 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,462 posts

Posted 02 March 2023 - 09:17 AM

How do you store the Ooni when you're not using it?  That's the biggest roadblock for me, but maybe it's a non-issue?

I put it along with my pizza cooking tools into a tote and store it in my basement. I have an Uuni3 (before it changed its name) so it's pretty small. I do know the newer ones are pretty big and hefty.

Just looked. I guess mine is a 6-7 year old version of this model. It breaks down pretty well for storage. They even sell a case for it to be stored for $40.

• Nigel Tufnel likes this

#2599 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,314 posts

Posted 24 March 2023 - 09:58 AM

Anyone else checked out Slow Horses on Apple TV+?  Not really a surprise it's great when it has Gary Oldman in it.  I'm impressed so far.

#2600 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,498 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 24 March 2023 - 10:23 AM

I've heard good things but haven't checked it out yet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=