2145 replies to this topic

#2061 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 13 October 2020 - 11:36 AM

Hard to talk about air force and bombs and not remember this clip.

• DuffMan likes this

#2062 Mark Carver

Mark Carver

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,598 posts

Posted 13 October 2020 - 02:08 PM

20526328_1337819879649472_85860928183716

• Russ likes this

John Keegan, a renowned British military historian, has called World War II the greatest single event in the history of mankind. - Tom Brokaw, NBC special correspondent and author of "The Greatest Generation"

#2063 BSLRoseKatz

BSLRoseKatz

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,893 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 21 October 2020 - 06:13 PM

Anyone using the Ravens bye week to take care of something they've been meaning to do for a little while? Scheduled a haircut for 1 pm on Sunday. 

she/her

#2064 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 21 October 2020 - 10:38 PM

Anyone using the Ravens bye week to take care of something they've been meaning to do for a little while? Scheduled a haircut for 1 pm on Sunday.

Painting a room. I wouldn’t say I’ve been meaning to do it for a while now, it’s more like my wife has been meaning for me to do it for a while now.

She doesn’t know what the Ravens schedule is, so I liked to plan something on the bye week and be like “Why don’t we spend the day together, I won’t watch the Ravens this week.” She caught on many years ago.
  • DuffMan and BSLRoseKatz like this
@BSLMikeRandall

#2065 Don Quixote

Don Quixote

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,055 posts

Posted 26 October 2020 - 12:59 PM

Have been spending most of the month trying to emerge from a deep funk. Depression's a bitch, you know.

• You Play to Win the Game, Russ, Mashed Potatoes and 1 other like this

#2066 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,779 posts

Posted 26 October 2020 - 01:28 PM

Take care of yourself, Don!
  • Don Quixote likes this

#2067 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,474 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 26 October 2020 - 02:46 PM

Have been spending most of the month trying to emerge from a deep funk. Depression's a bitch, you know.

At least you're aware of it and trying. That's crucial to having a chance to work through it. This pandemic hasn't been helpful from a mental health standpoint. Every day I'm starting to realize more and more how depressed I am, too. It's a different kind of depression though. I miss the freedom of being able to hangout with a friend or family member without having to pay mind to it having to be outdoors, with masks, limited time, etc. The freedom of waking up on a Sunday morning on a whim and buying tickets to a Ravens game just because. Of being able to go to a movie theatre on a random morning. Grabbing dinner at a restaurant without having to ensure there's outdoor dining available ahead of time. Hug someone you just met. Go all in on a conversation with a stranger at a bar. To perform my job without the backdrop of wondering if it'll last due to the economy right now and in the near future.etc. etc. etc. It isn't in our DNA to operate with so much restriction. This has been very, very hard in so many ways. This isn't even to mention the heaviness I feel every day for all of those who have lost someone they love because of this whole disease, and the anger at how much more we could be doing to manage this. Oh, and a pretty important election in 8 days. Anyway, sorry to make it about me. I hope you're okay and wish you the best.

• Don Quixote likes this

#2068 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,101 posts

Posted 26 October 2020 - 02:51 PM

Great to see you... sorry to hear about the funk.... certainly know how that can be. 

(Please change your listed email when you get the chance!)

• Don Quixote likes this

#2069 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,199 posts

Posted 27 October 2020 - 05:27 AM

I can certainly empathize.

Clinical depression is prevalent on both sides of my family and I have had my own struggles with it.

Try not to be too hard on yourself.

All my best to you sir.
  • You Play to Win the Game and Don Quixote like this
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#2070 Don Quixote

Don Quixote

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,055 posts

Posted 27 October 2020 - 01:11 PM

Thanks, guys. There are some things about it that have been touched/aggravated by the pandemic, but overall this has been going on for me for close to 30 years, as well as I can pin it down. Things had been pretty blah for about 3-5 months, now just trying to restore the long-term average, I guess. More on that later, though, perhaps in a whole new topic.

Stoner, I'll change that as soon as I can. That account might have gotten axed for inactivity, haven't logged in in a long time. Just had it for some sign-ups - here, the Sun, etc.

#2071 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,741 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 03 November 2020 - 07:19 AM

https://www.lgfridgesettlement.com/

Happen to buy an LG Fridge in the past 5ish years?  You may be inline to get some money if you had to have it repaired or replaced.  I just filled it out last night, even better I still had the email/invoice for the repairs so I should be getting a little more money back!

#2072 Mark Carver

Mark Carver

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,598 posts

Posted 05 November 2020 - 09:25 AM

A hit from the past...

• Mike in STL and CantonJester like this

John Keegan, a renowned British military historian, has called World War II the greatest single event in the history of mankind. - Tom Brokaw, NBC special correspondent and author of "The Greatest Generation"

#2073 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 05 November 2020 - 04:29 PM

A hit from the past...

My favorite cartoon!
@BSLMikeRandall

#2074 Mark Carver

Mark Carver

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,598 posts

Posted 07 November 2020 - 11:53 AM

I took this 11/7/2013 outside of Glen Rock PA...

1392093_590707177650905_1560383564_n.jpg

• glenn__davis and russsnyder like this

#2075 Mark Carver

Mark Carver

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,598 posts

Posted 10 November 2020 - 03:14 PM

fd5c7054cddd9bd9fea4a3494649b8f3.jpg

#2076 Mark Carver

Mark Carver

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,598 posts

Posted 11 November 2020 - 11:43 AM

size0.jpg

• Mike in STL likes this

#2077 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,101 posts

Posted 14 December 2020 - 10:34 AM

So, how much snow are we getting Wed?

#2078 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 14 December 2020 - 10:45 AM

So, how much snow are we getting Wed?

South of Baltimore and East of I-95. Maybe 1-2 inches, and I know some are calling for 3-6.

I saw one of the bmore channels 12-18 for north of Baltimore

Typically, this early in the winter, and the ground still pretty warm, it will take a lot of snow to get 18 inches.

#2079 Don Quixote

Don Quixote

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,055 posts

Posted 02 January 2021 - 04:36 PM

Is there anyone else, who, when hearing the phrase "the greater good," almost always ends up thinking of Hot Fuzz?

• Mike in STL likes this

#2080 BSLRoseKatz

BSLRoseKatz

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,893 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 02 January 2021 - 09:22 PM

Is there anyone else, who, when hearing the phrase "the greater good," almost always ends up thinking of Hot Fuzz?

Nope, think of The Incredibles

she/her

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=