#41 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 16 November 2013 - 01:06 PM

That's one of Zack's keys coming to fruition there... Limiting VTech to a FGA is a win given their ST's issues.

anti-Beamer ball?

@levineps

#42 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Loved seeing that run there from Brown.

@levineps

#43 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,347 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Huge play by Brown... great job finding the edge there and picking up MD's first 1st down on the game. Let's find a way to put points up here and feel better about things.

#44 Markus

Markus

The Great Cornholio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,363 posts
  • LocationIn-N-Out Sucks, CA

Posted 16 November 2013 - 01:08 PM

Syracuse it was for me, but I'm not on the "Fire Edsall" bandwagon quite yet. Just if they fired him, I wouldn't be opposing it.

I said Wake but I meant last weeks game against 'Cuse for reasons already outlined (countless times) by Stoner a few posts ago.  I'm a realist in that I'm not expecting him to get fired, yet (again for reasons already discussed) but right now I'm at the point where I have as little of hope for the program as I've had with Edsall as coach.

Lemme get two claps and a Ric Flair

#45 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,714 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 01:11 PM

Haven't been writing a game review today, as I didn't (don't) expect MD to stay in the game.

I'll be happy to be wrong, and be irritated at myself for not doing a review; if MD can steal a win.

#46 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,347 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 16 November 2013 - 01:12 PM

Haven't been writing a game review today, as I didn't (don't) expect MD to stay in the game.

I'll be happy to be wrong, and be irritated at myself for not doing a review; if MD can steal a win.

Speaking of which - did some other outlet ask you to stop using "The Good, The Bad & The Ugly"? Or did you just decide to switch to "What we saw" on your own?

#47 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 16 November 2013 - 01:14 PM

Can't see this call not getting reversed.

@levineps

#48 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,347 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 16 November 2013 - 01:14 PM

Man, that's frustrating as hell from King. Come on dude.

#49 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,347 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 16 November 2013 - 01:16 PM

Can't see this call not getting reversed.

Yep, and we have already seen one of the tell tale signs from the ref... his little notebook writing stuff down. Almost always means it's getting overturned.

#50 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,714 posts

Speaking of which - did some other outlet ask you to stop using "The Good, The Bad & The Ugly"? Or did you just decide to switch to "What we saw" on your own?

No, since several outlets had adopted a similar format.... I made the change.

Also made the decision to do less looks at every series, possession... and try and be more conversational. Wasn't getting much feedback, and most of what I wrote was ignored... so realized the style I was using was ineffective. Trying to adapt... difficult to be conversational in reviews, when you post them immediately as games end. Doesn't allow for much reflection, when you are watching, and writing in real-time (and also trying to participate in the game threads).

#51 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,714 posts

Bruce Smith. What a monster he was.

#52 Markus

Markus

The Great Cornholio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,363 posts
  • LocationIn-N-Out Sucks, CA

Posted 16 November 2013 - 01:17 PM

Welp so much for that.  Gotta love The Edsall clapping and encouraging his guys though.  I think Mrs. Edsall has the orange slices this week for half time.

Ugh. 

I'm going for a jog.

Lemme get two claps and a Ric Flair

#53 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 16 November 2013 - 01:17 PM

Yep, and we have already seen one of the tell tale signs from the ref... his little notebook writing stuff down. Almost always means it's getting overturned.

Good call there, I'm going to have to start paying attention to that stuff now.

@levineps

#54 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,347 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 16 November 2013 - 01:20 PM

No, since several outlets had adopted a similar format.... I made the change.

Also made the decision to do less looks at every series, possession... and try and be more conversational. Wasn't getting much feedback, and most of what I wrote was ignored... so realized the style I was using was ineffective. Trying to adapt... difficult to be conversational in reviews, when you post them immediately as games end. Doesn't allow for much reflection, when you are watching, and writing in real-time (and also trying to participate in the game threads).

I hear ya, it's difficult. I like the new format. I just remember saying you had gotten a cease & desist for something or another so I didn't know if that's what it was. Sorry for being nosy, per usual. ;)

#55 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,714 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 01:25 PM

I hear ya, it's difficult. I like the new format. I just remember saying you had gotten a cease & desist for something or another so I didn't know if that's what it was. Sorry for being nosy, per usual. ;)

We've had two cease and desists this year... one from the NFL, and one from WNST. The NFL did not want to use gifs with live pictures for the All-22 reviews, which is why we use stills. WNST is a story for another time, but did not relate to the 'Good, Bad, & Ugly.'

• You Play to Win the Game likes this

#56 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,714 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 01:26 PM

The best thing going for the Terps right now is that the game hasn't gotten away from them. Longer they stay in, maybe they catch a couple of breaks.

College games just seem to go forever to me though.... games get ugly in a hurry.

#57 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,347 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 16 November 2013 - 01:26 PM

We've had two cease and desists this year... one from the NFL, and one from WNST. The NFL did not want to use gifs with live pictures for the All-22 reviews, which is why we use stills. WNST is a story for another time, but did not relate to the 'Good, Bad, & Ugly.'

Sounds like an interesting topic for 12/13... is that happening?

#58 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,347 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 16 November 2013 - 01:28 PM

There is no reason Maryland's football program can't one day be identical to the VT program.

#59 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,714 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 01:30 PM

Sounds like an interesting topic for 12/13... is that happening?

Was waiting for more feedback, of course more people are probably waiting to hear where I'm thinking of.

Probably somewhere downtown. Possibly one of the spots we've been before. Working on sponsors... was hoping we might line someone up, and be able to tell them we are bringing a crowd right away.

#60 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 16 November 2013 - 01:31 PM

There is no reason Maryland's football program can't one day be identical to the VT program.

Is there any reason any BCS program can't then?

@levineps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=