• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#41 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,024 posts

Posted 24 October 2016 - 08:04 PM

Baltimore Business Journal: $8M permit issued for Pratt Street Pavilion renovations

http://www.bizjourna...on.html?ana=twt

#42 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,356 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 14 August 2021 - 10:32 AM

Troubled Waters
The opening of Harborplace sparked a waterfront renaissance beyond Baltimore’s wildest dreams. Four decades later, has the ship sailed for the twin pavilions?

https://www.baltimor...s-still-thrive/

#43 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,024 posts

Posted 14 August 2021 - 10:43 AM

Announcement coming on the future of Harborplace next month.  Some positive news, finally.

#44 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,933 posts

Posted 08 September 2021 - 08:28 AM

James Rouse, Jr thinks the pavilions should stay.

James Rouse Jr.: A contrary view for Baltimore’s Harborplace | COMMENTARY - Baltimore Sun

#45 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,356 posts

Posted 23 November 2021 - 06:50 PM

The new Rash Field Park is really nice. 

Also, the Christmas Village looks good.

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

#46 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,933 posts

Posted 05 April 2022 - 02:08 PM

A Baltimore developer is acquiring Harborplace.  Seems like good news...

Baltimore developer P. David Bramble and his MCB Real Estate firm have struck a deal to acquire Harborplace, the struggling one-time centerpiece of Baltimore’s Inner Harbor redevelopment in the 1980s, out of receivership.

The deal, if approved by the Baltimore Circuit Court judge overseeing the receivership, would pave the way for what Bramble described as an extensive redevelopment effort to “completely re-imagine” the faded retail attraction and revitalize the city’s downtown waterfront.

Baltimore developer to acquire and ‘re-imagine’ Harborplace as centerpiece of revitalized waterfront – Baltimore Sun

#47 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,356 posts

Posted 05 April 2022 - 02:20 PM

Bramble is saying the right things, hopefully he backs it up.
  • Nigel Tufnel likes this

#48 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,617 posts

Posted 05 April 2022 - 06:18 PM

They should look to Pike Place Market out in Seattle for clues how to proceed. 

#49 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,356 posts

Posted 14 March 2023 - 12:09 PM

https://www.thebalti...3GVDDBDQ5LP24M/

I'm slightly conflicted as someone that would like to see at least one of the pavilions go away, but this is a homerun of a choice for a new temporary tenant while the complex gets reimagined.

Not only is the narrative tremendous for a business owned by local woman from McCulloh Homes to be in Habor Place, and tremendous for a black owned local business to be there, but the bakery is fantastic and had immense popularity at Whitehall Mill.

In fact, I'm looking forward to celebrating Pi day with a crab pie from Crust by Mack tonight!

#50 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,933 posts

Posted 14 March 2023 - 12:20 PM

This is exactly the kind of place that should be in Harborplace.  I'm still baffled that they let the fudge store with the singing cooks close.

#51 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,393 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 14 March 2023 - 12:34 PM

They should keep the Pratt St pavilion and knock down the Light St one. That section feels like it would be better utilized as more open space.

#52 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,933 posts

Posted 01 October 2023 - 07:45 PM

So apparently the plan is to tear down both Harborplace pavilions.

#53 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,552 posts

Posted 02 October 2023 - 07:57 AM

It's time they both go. I drove by there last week and it's a crime that that space is essentially abandoned.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#54 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,356 posts

Posted 03 October 2023 - 01:50 PM

I think they should both go, but there's enough stuff currently to fill one of them.

#55 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,933 posts

Posted 03 October 2023 - 02:07 PM

I'm having a hard time understanding what exactly this means, but maybe I'm just tired today.

P. David Bramble, managing partner of MCB Real Estate, has said his firm and team of architects are aiming for a uniquely Baltimore gathering spot that mixes retail, housing, office and possibly hospitality while showing off the waterfront.

Anyway, James Rouse's son is against demolishing the pavilions, and is also worried that it could end up being the Mechanic Theater, part deaux.

Rouse said he also has concerns about demolition occurring before the developer locks in a fully vetted and financed replacement. That, he fears, could lead to a scenario similar to the razing of downtown’s Mechanic Theater, where no redevelopment has occurred.

Son of James Rouse, Harborplace visionary, opposes demolition of Inner Harbor destination (baltimoresun.com)

#56 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,024 posts

Posted 30 October 2023 - 10:49 AM

Balt Sun:

https://www.baltimor...rGhGkTRrGPiQBgY

Balt Banner: 12 more images

https://www.thebalti..._eid=9204bbd6c0

#57 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,393 posts

Posted 30 October 2023 - 03:51 PM

Is that a gondola on those renderings connecting Pier Six and the Rusty Scupper? The article makes no mention of it as part of this project. Did I miss that?

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

#58 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,024 posts

Posted 01 November 2023 - 11:34 AM

https://www.ourharbo...Db8fRrPE4hZasoU

#59 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,393 posts

Posted 01 November 2023 - 11:47 AM

So does anyone know the deal with that gondola in the drawings? I remember that idea was briefly put forth way back when I still lived there, but never went anywhere. Honestly, while it might be faster than taking a water taxi across the harbor, I think it's much more of an eyesore than something that would serve a useful purpose.

#60 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,024 posts

Posted 01 November 2023 - 11:52 AM

So does anyone know the deal with that gondola in the drawings? I remember that idea was briefly put forth way back when I still lived there, but never went anywhere. Honestly, while it might be faster than taking a water taxi across the harbor, I think it's much more of an eyesore than something that would serve a useful purpose.

The Banner had something basically seeing the same thing, and asking the same question.

One of the former plans had a walking bridge.  Ultimately seems like that would make more sense.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=