SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:15 PM

This was fantastic.

Golden State is a great choice, but I'd have Minnesota a close second, just for Rubio.

@beginthebegin71

#3 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,522 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:53 PM

The Heat at #4? Eh. The only scenario in which they are compelling enough to be on my LP list is if they greatly underachieve. But the only way that happens is if LeBron misses a big chunk of the season to injury, in which case they aren't going to be interesting either. Just put them down for 60-65 wins and check back at playoff time.

#4 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:58 PM

The Heat at #4? Eh. The only scenario in which they are compelling enough to be on my LP list is if they greatly underachieve. But the only way that happens is if LeBron misses a big chunk of the season to injury, in which case they aren't going to be interesting either. Just put them down for 60-65 wins and check back at playoff time.

All true, but from a pure fan of Basketball standpoint, LeBron gives you at least 1 or 2 "holy sh*t" moments every night. That alone is worth tuning in, even if you know they're going to win most of their games.

@beginthebegin71

#5 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,634 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:59 PM

None of this matters to me until every game is available in HD.  It's 2013 and the damn thing costs nearly $200.  Step your game up, Comcast.

• mweb08 likes this

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#6 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,522 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:00 PM

All true, but from a pure fan of Basketball standpoint, LeBron gives you at least 1 or 2 "holy sh*t" moments every night. That alone is worth tuning in, even if you know they're going to win most of their games.

True, but I can check out the highlights and be satisfied with that. I'm much more interested in teams that are compelling.

#7 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,384 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:00 PM

Agreed. James is the player I most enjoy watching.

#8 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:04 PM

True, but I can check out the highlights and be satisfied with that. I'm much more interested in teams that are compelling.

Fair enough, the Heat as a whole, not too compelling until the playoffs, I'll agree.

I do love watching teams like the Warriors and Wolves, moreso because they're rarely if ever on TNT/ABC/ESPN. Though Golden State probably will be this year.

Really excited for the season to get going. I watched the Wolves/Celtics game from Montreal today instead of Football.

@beginthebegin71

#9 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:07 PM

Agreed. James is the player I most enjoy watching.

None of this matters to me until every game is available in HD.  It's 2013 and the damn thing costs nearly $200.  Step your game up, Comcast.

Is this true? That's crazy...I have DirecTV, and dont' remember games not being in HD last year. I could be wrong, obviously, but can't remember.

Yea, this LeBron kid is going to be decent one day, assuming he ever stops riding Wade's coattails. AMIRITE????

@beginthebegin71

#10 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,522 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:07 PM

Fair enough, the Heat as a whole, not too compelling until the playoffs, I'll agree.

I do love watching teams like the Warriors and Wolves, moreso because they're rarely if ever on TNT/ABC/ESPN. Though Golden State probably will be this year.

Really excited for the season to get going. I watched the Wolves/Celtics game from Montreal today instead of Football.

Looking forward to it also. Agree on GS and Minn. In fact, my LP teams would be, in no particular order:

- Nets

- Warriors

- T-Wolves

- Rockets

- Clippers

#11 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,634 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:08 PM

Beaner, we should try to do some sort of NBA preview for the site -- I can talk to Stoner.  Either a podcast with SG and Web or a back and forth email type thing a la Bill Simmons that can get published.

I'm amped for this season if only because FINALLY the Wizards will be worth actually discussing!

@bopper33

#12 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,634 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:09 PM

Is this true? That's crazy...I have DirecTV, and dont' remember games not being in HD last year. I could be wrong, obviously, but can't remember.

Yea, this LeBron kid is going to be decent one day, assuming he ever stops riding Wade's coattails. AMIRITE????

Yea it's true.  In the 700s Comcast has two channels that are dedicated to HD league pass and those are assigned randomly.  The rest are in standard def. 

The first thing I'm doing once I eventually get my own house and not rent is getting DirecTV.  Having every league pass game in HD is enough of a sales item for me.

@bopper33

#13 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:11 PM

Looking forward to it also. Agree on GS and Minn. In fact, my LP teams would be, in no particular order:

- Nets

- Warriors

- T-Wolves

- Rockets

- Clippers

GREAT choices, though I might replace the Clippers with the Pistons this year..Looking forward to seeing Josh Smith and Brandon jennings on the same team...

@beginthebegin71

#14 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:13 PM

Beaner, we should try to do some sort of NBA preview for the site -- I can talk to Stoner.  Either a podcast with SG and Web or a back and forth email type thing a la Bill Simmons that can get published.

I'm amped for this season if only because FINALLY the Wizards will be worth actually discussing!

Awesome ideas, I'm in for whatever...

The Okafor injury is a concern obviously, but yes, I'm in on the Wiz this season.

@beginthebegin71

#15 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:15 PM

Yea it's true.  In the 700s Comcast has two channels that are dedicated to HD league pass and those are assigned randomly.  The rest are in standard def. 

The first thing I'm doing once I eventually get my own house and not rent is getting DirecTV.  Having every league pass game in HD is enough of a sales item for me.

That sucks...The games on the Ipad are in HD! Come on, Comcast.

DirecTV is the best, ignore any negativity you hear from anyone, especially for sports. I have literally zero complaints.

@beginthebegin71

#16 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,522 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:16 PM

GREAT choices, though I might replace the Clippers with the Pistons this year..Looking forward to seeing Josh Smith and Brandon jennings on the same team...

That one came down to the Clips or Bulls for me. Tough choice, but I think LA is going to be a fun team to watch this season.

#17 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:19 PM

That one came down to the Clips or Bulls for me. Tough choice, but I think LA is going to be a fun team to watch this season.

Can't go wrong with any of the choices we mentioned.

I usually find myself watching more of the West Coast teams after the wife and kids go to bed, so your Blazers will get a ton of exposure in my house this year once again.

@beginthebegin71

#18 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,522 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:20 PM

That sucks...The games on the Ipad are in HD! Come on, Comcast.

DirecTV is the best, ignore any negativity you hear from anyone, especially for sports. I have literally zero complaints.

My only issue with them is that they have had a 6-year standoff, and counting, with Comcast over the local RSN here, which means I can only see about 20 Blazers games a season without resorting to the "secret" websites. But I couldn't do without Sunday Ticket, so I'll stick with them as long as they have that, which might only be a couple more seasons from what I hear.

#19 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,522 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:21 PM

Can't go wrong with any of the choices we mentioned.

I usually find myself watching more of the West Coast teams after the wife and kids go to bed, so your Blazers will get a ton of exposure in my house this year once again.

Blazers will put up plenty of points, especially if you like 3s. But I think their defense will keep them out of the playoffs.

#20 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:22 PM

My only issue with them is that they have had a 6-year standoff, and counting, with Comcast over the local RSN here, which means I can only see about 20 Blazers games a season without resorting to the "secret" websites. But I couldn't do without Sunday Ticket, so I'll stick with them as long as they have that, which might only be a couple more seasons from what I hear.

Interesting. I live for Extra innings and NBA League Pass, and I'm guessing they're safe for a while....

@beginthebegin71

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=