• Please log in to reply
328 replies to this topic

#321 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,717 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 05:47 PM

Not really sure what you mean by the first comment.

Having such an extreme personal responsibility belief that you would be ok with gladiator games and being liberal do conflict. This isn't the only example either that conflicts, this just reminded me of some of your philosophy.

Your beliefs are what they are, and I'm not trying to tell you what to think, but from what I've seen, you aren't that liberal. Sorry if that upsets you. In a way, it's refreshing for someone to be more all over the place rather than just side with their party.

Just means that even people of the same general ideology can have differing view points, and be at different levels on a sliding scale.

FWIW, just took these survey's...

Pew: Political Typology Quiz
http://www.people-pr...tical-typology/

Solidly Liberal.

isidewith.com: 2018 Political Quiz
https://www.isidewit.../political-quiz

Left-Wing Libertarian.

Your political beliefs would be considered strongly Left-Wing and moderately Libertarian on an ideological scale, meaning you tend to support policies that will reduce elitism and provide freedom and equality for citizens.

#322 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,295 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 13 March 2018 - 05:51 PM

The libertarian streak is mostly what I was getting at. I've seen views of yours that are incredibly anti-liberal, because they are extremely libertarian (and I do mean extremely... gladiator games probably not part of that poll).

#323 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 13 March 2018 - 09:54 PM

I have known Chris for the better part of 3 decades...he is a liberal.

I do find him to be a more open minded liberal on some topics vs some on here though.  

#324 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 10:03 PM

Cyy74G7W8AIAqgK.jpg

What a letdown. My hopes were up.

Also, I dont know if you did this on purpose but Weber looks a good bit like Gasol in this pic.

#325 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,839 posts

Posted 06 July 2022 - 04:45 PM

https://twitter.com/...7a5cjqK6cg&s=19

Demaryious Thomas had Stage 2 CTE when he died at 33.

He played most of his career in a time when the NFL was becoming much more stringent about player safety too. It didn't matter.

#326 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 07 July 2022 - 03:29 PM

https://twitter.com/...7a5cjqK6cg&s=19

Demaryious Thomas had Stage 2 CTE when he died at 33.

He played most of his career in a time when the NFL was becoming much more stringent about player safety too. It didn't matter.

I think it can also stem all the way from pee wee through high school, where they aren’t stringent about it, and your brain is still developing. 20 years ago high schools were still doing two a days and banging kids heads into each other for no reason.
@BSLMikeRandall

#327 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,352 posts

Posted 07 July 2022 - 04:05 PM

I think it can also stem all the way from pee wee through high school, where they aren’t stringent about it, and your brain is still developing. 20 years ago high schools were still doing two a days and banging kids heads into each other for no reason.

Yeah, there was nothing at the time but looking back I know I got several concussions in high school. No one either knew or cared, and I also didn’t know enough to speak up. Probably thought it would look soft, you just black out for a moment or maybe are in a fog a couple minutes then you’re fine, so you think. There was a Saturday that I completely blacked out and don’t remember getting home. They definitely cared about spinal injuries and emphasizing not leading with the crown of the head, but I don’t recall concussions being on anyone’s radar. This was mid 90s.

I’m not aware of any effects today, but who knows. I have no interest in my kids playing football.

#328 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 07 July 2022 - 05:24 PM

Yeah, there was nothing at the time but looking back I know I got several concussions in high school. No one either knew or cared, and I also didn’t know enough to speak up. Probably thought it would look soft, you just black out for a moment or maybe are in a fog a couple minutes then you’re fine, so you think. There was a Saturday that I completely blacked out and don’t remember getting home. They definitely cared about spinal injuries and emphasizing not leading with the crown of the head, but I don’t recall concussions being on anyone’s radar. This was mid 90s.

I’m not aware of any effects today, but who knows. I have no interest in my kids playing football.

Yep. I’m fine with them playing flag, and if they are good and want to play HS (if that even exists in 12 years from now) I’ll be very interested to attend practice and if the coach is doing Oklahoma drills, they’re done.

Maybe the way coaches coach youth football will much safer in the future.
@BSLMikeRandall

#329 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,991 posts

Posted 08 July 2022 - 12:32 PM

Football is definitely the worst sport for kids. Too many injuries, broken bones, and the concussions are unavoidable. My son played his freshman year in high school. He played end and long snapped. (He was and excellent long snapper) it was his first and only year. He caught a pass near the end of the year and took a big shot. He told me he didn't want to play the next season. I was fine with it, stick to baseball kid.
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=