SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 17 July 2012 - 09:30 PM

Told you not to deal Schoop...

If I'm getting Upton or Headley, he gone.

#122 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,377 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 17 July 2012 - 09:43 PM

If I'm getting Upton or Headley, he gone.

Haha, Upton I'll give you, Headley I'd think could be had for Matusz + 2 lower guys like Hoes and Birdwell. At least as long as BMat doesn't lose any more of his luster like Tillman just did. Tillman is another guy I think could do well in SD, maybe BMat, Tillman and Hoes does the trick.
@JeremyMStrain

#123 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 17 July 2012 - 09:57 PM

Haha, Upton I'll give you, Headley I'd think could be had for Matusz + 2 lower guys like Hoes and Birdwell. At least as long as BMat doesn't lose any more of his luster like Tillman just did. Tillman is another guy I think could do well in SD, maybe BMat, Tillman and Hoes does the trick.

I kind of hope you are right but I tend to think SD needs one very good prospect..so unles they value Britton, BMat or Tillman higher than the best prospect they can get for Headley, I think schoop needs to be in the deal.

Unless of course they like Johnson or we can use JJ in a 3 team deal.

#124 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,377 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:05 PM

I kind of hope you are right but I tend to think SD needs one very good prospect..so unles they value Britton, BMat or Tillman higher than the best prospect they can get for Headley, I think schoop needs to be in the deal.

Unless of course they like Johnson or we can use JJ in a 3 team deal.

They aren't going to value JJ much if at all, that's why they got Boxberger, and almost any closer is going to do well there because of the park.

That's also why I think they'll skew towards pitchers because BMat could be an all star there, and Tillman could be a sub 4 ERA guy there, Hoes doesn't have much power anyway, so his game would play there pretty well. We'll see I guess, but holes at 3B all over the league with not a lot of fixes...artificial inflation.

Might think about looking into Frazier in CIN too. They have Rolen, when Votto comes back and Frazier gets squeezed for AB a bit again, he would be much cheaper than Headley and would be better than we have.
@JeremyMStrain

#125 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:12 PM

They aren't going to value JJ much if at all, that's why they got Boxberger, and almost any closer is going to do well there because of the park.

That's also why I think they'll skew towards pitchers because BMat could be an all star there, and Tillman could be a sub 4 ERA guy there, Hoes doesn't have much power anyway, so his game would play there pretty well. We'll see I guess, but holes at 3B all over the league with not a lot of fixes...artificial inflation.

Might think about looking into Frazier in CIN too. They have Rolen, when Votto comes back and Frazier gets squeezed for AB a bit again, he would be much cheaper than Headley and would be better than we have.

Doubt they deal him before the deadline though.

Callaspo wouldn't be a bad get and they need relief help.

#126 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 01:03 AM

Doubt they deal him before the deadline though.

Callaspo wouldn't be a bad get and they need relief help.

I was calling for the O's took look hard into Callaspo this past offseason. Think he would be a great backup option this offseason should we miss on Headley.

Not to get too off topic but how seriously would you guys consider Youkilis this offseason??

#127 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 18 July 2012 - 09:46 AM

I was calling for the O's took look hard into Callaspo this past offseason. Think he would be a great backup option this offseason should we miss on Headley.

Not to get too off topic but how seriously would you guys consider Youkilis this offseason??

I may consider Youk.

You can potentially get Callaspo now.

#128 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,077 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 01:26 PM

Machado last 10 games: 5 for 37, 2 doubles, 1 hr, 4 rbi, 5 bb's, 9 k's

Schoop last 10 games: 7 for 38, 1 double, 3 hr's, 7 rbi, 5 bb's, 7 k's

#129 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 29 July 2012 - 08:29 AM

Are you guys bothered at all that Machado is struggling to keep a 750 OPS?

For such an elite prospect, he really should be performing a little better IMO. Hope he ends strong.

#130 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,377 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 08:46 AM

Are you guys bothered at all that Machado is struggling to keep a 750 OPS?

For such an elite prospect, he really should be performing a little better IMO. Hope he ends strong.

Nah not too worried. He is really young and i think hes trying to learn thngs not just trying to put up sexy stats like some kids do.
@JeremyMStrain

#131 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,471 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 29 July 2012 - 08:58 AM

Nah not too worried. He is really young and i think hes trying to learn thngs not just trying to put up sexy stats like some kids do.

Right. Luke has alluded to, on numerous occasions, that Machado is almost too patient for AA. He'll let pitches go in for strikes that aren't pitches he can drive. I like that he's working on things like this, rather than worrying about aesthetics, as you alluded to AS.

#132 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,357 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 29 July 2012 - 02:33 PM

Espinosa from the Nats, Kelly Johnson maybe. Somewhere in that area. I could see like .250-..260 15-20HR .300-.315 OBP -ish.

Considering how much you've talked him up, I was expecting better. A .750 or so OPS with a poor OBP is solid, especially for a 2B, but I'd like a higher OBP.

#133 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,627 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 04 August 2012 - 08:01 PM

Jim Hunter just mentioned manny Machado is 4 for 4 tonight, and has hit for the cycle. The HR just put Bowie ahead 8-7 in the 8th.
@mikeghg

#134 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,077 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 01:21 PM

Orioles Nation / Tucker Blair: Jonathan Schoop Scouting Report
http://orioles-natio...ng-report-2012/

#135 Adam Wolff

Adam Wolff

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,294 posts
  • LocationWaynesboro, PA

Posted 06 August 2012 - 01:38 PM

Mentioned in Greg's thread, but wanted to include it here as well so it didn't get lost..

Double-A Bowie shortstop Manny Machado has been named Eastern League Player of the Week for the week ending Sunday. Machado is the first Baysox player to win the award since LJ Hoes won it for the week ending Aug. 1, 2011.

http://www.masnsport... ... um=twitter

@AdamWolff

#136 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,756 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 01:42 PM

Orioles Nation / Tucker Blair: Jonathan Schoop Scouting Report
http://orioles-natio...ng-report-2012/

Tucker's report on him makes me think a lot of JJ Hardy, offensively.

#137 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 08 August 2012 - 10:25 PM

HR and walk for MM tonight.

#138 Russ

Russ

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,296 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 10:29 PM

Just saw on twitter Machado promoted to Birds.

#139 Adam Wolff

Adam Wolff

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,294 posts
  • LocationWaynesboro, PA

Posted 09 August 2012 - 07:58 AM

Just saw on twitter Machado promoted to Birds.

Wow!

@AdamWolff

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=