• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#81 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,226 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 16 May 2017 - 08:47 AM

My cousin is getting married down at UMD this summer. Looking forward to walking by and checking out the facility. Hopefully can see a bit of the inside from the outside.

#82 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,277 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 16 May 2017 - 09:32 AM

My cousin is getting married down at UMD this summer. Looking forward to walking by and checking out the facility. Hopefully can see a bit of the inside from the outside.

Yeah, I'll be down there this weekend for my brother's graduation and planning to do the same.

@BSLZackKiesel

#83 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,277 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 18 May 2017 - 08:38 AM

DAHOc0EUMAEcI0y.jpg

New turf currently being installed. Getting close!

• Dr. FLK and Markus like this
@BSLZackKiesel

#84 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,277 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 20 July 2017 - 05:20 AM

DFIhmHpUMAAp3HN.jpg

DFIhl_oUAAAAh1T.jpg

Simply beautiful.

• BSLChrisStoner, MKlein76 and Mike in STL like this
@BSLZackKiesel

#85 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 20 July 2017 - 09:25 AM

DAHOc0EUMAEcI0y.jpg

New turf currently being installed. Getting close!

Wow, looks good.

@mikeghg

#86 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,683 posts

Posted 16 September 2019 - 06:53 AM

Washington Post: Maryland’s new indoor football facility, set to be finished next year, brings program up to speed

Balt Sun: Maryland football building for future as Phase II of $196 million Cole Field House project heads to goal line

#87 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,275 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 04 June 2021 - 11:25 AM

IMS: Maryland football's new Jones-Hill House football facility: first look.

https://247sports.co...look-166084858/

• BSLChrisStoner and BSLZackKiesel like this

#88 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,343 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 04 June 2021 - 11:58 AM

They should have a lot of fun finishing near the bottom in the Big Ten every year now.

#89 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,275 posts

Posted 04 June 2021 - 12:17 PM

More photos from umterps.com.

https://umterps.com/...f-new-home.aspx

• BSLChrisStoner and BSLZackKiesel like this

#90 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,683 posts

Posted 05 June 2021 - 08:11 AM

Looks awesome.  Players were so happy.   Only going to help with recruiting.  Doesn't mean having this will make MD a power, but with... you are better positioned to improve. 

• BSLZackKiesel likes this

#91 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,343 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 05 June 2021 - 08:24 AM

Looks awesome. Players were so happy. Only going to help with recruiting. Doesn't mean having this will make MD a power, but with... you are better positioned to improve.

Sure, but they won't. And meanwhile, Maryland basketball gets moved from the ACC and is stuck with a middle of the road coach. But it's worth it, because Maryland football will have more comfort while losing.

The building really is phenomenal. Just a beautiful facility.

It's like a middle class parent buying their kid a Bentley when they turn 16.

#92 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,683 posts

Posted 05 June 2021 - 11:15 AM

Sure, but they won't. And meanwhile, Maryland basketball gets moved from the ACC and is stuck with a middle of the road coach. But it's worth it, because Maryland football will have more comfort while losing.

The building really is phenomenal. Just a beautiful facility.

It's like a middle class parent buying their kid a Bentley when they turn 16.

Those decisions long made, right?

So given that...you are left with what comes next.

I don't know what the ceiling is for MD Football. Know they've got to continue to stack classes, and then there ultimately has to be a step forward on the field.

Never going to be easy that's for sure.

#93 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,277 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 05 June 2021 - 12:12 PM

Those decisions long made, right?

So given that...you are left with what comes next.

I don't know what the ceiling is for MD Football. Know they've got to continue to stack classes, and then there ultimately has to be a step forward on the field.

Never going to be easy that's for sure.

Ralph Friedgen had six seasons with at least 8 wins between 2001 and 2010, and that was without the sort of local recruiting we're seeing right now from Locksley and his coaching staff.

They obviously screwed up with Edsall, but I'd argue that they were on the right track as a program with Durkin before Jordan McNair's death. That set them back a number of years, but Locksley has begun to build things back remarkably well. This can be a solid football program, and they're following the right blueprint to get there.

• BSLChrisStoner and BSLRoseKatz like this
@BSLZackKiesel

#94 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,275 posts

Posted 05 June 2021 - 02:43 PM

What the program's reasonable ceiling is, and whether the current leadership can get it there, I do not know. What I'm 100% certain of is that it's better than what we have seen for the past decade. These days, if you are going to max out your potential, you have to keep up with the Jones's. Credit to MD for finally recognizing and following through on that....under previous school/athletics leadership they did not.

Also, the notion that what is best for the football program must come at the expense of basketball is a false dichotomy. The results under Turgeon would be just as underwhelming if they stayed in the ACC, and maybe more so due to the greater number of very good teams in the ACC.

• BSLRoseKatz likes this

#95 BSLRoseKatz

BSLRoseKatz

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,888 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 05 June 2021 - 03:53 PM

What the program's reasonable ceiling is, and whether the current leadership can get it there, I do not know. What I'm 100% certain of is that it's better than what we have seen for the past decade. These days, if you are going to max out your potential, you have to keep up with the Jones's. Credit to MD for finally recognizing and following through on that....under previous school/athletics leadership they did not.

Also, the notion that what is best for the football program must come at the expense of basketball is a false dichotomy. The results under Turgeon would be just as underwhelming if they stayed in the ACC, and maybe more so due to the greater number of very good teams in the ACC.

Yeah I don't think ACC vs. B1G is a meaningful difference for basketball. Everyone outside of Michigan struggling in the tournament this year wasn't great but it's still a reliably pretty deep conference.

And if you're upset over no Duke/UNC, those games lost some of their luster once the ACC expanded to have more football-first schools. Every exciting Duke game meant you also got uninteresting games against Virginia Tech, Boston College and if they stayed, Pitt. 

she/her

#96 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,343 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 05 June 2021 - 04:45 PM

Turgeon wouldn't be here, so you're missing the point.

#97 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,343 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 05 June 2021 - 04:46 PM

Yeah I don't think ACC vs. B1G is a meaningful difference for basketball. Everyone outside of Michigan struggling in the tournament this year wasn't great but it's still a reliably pretty deep conference.

And if you're upset over no Duke/UNC, those games lost some of their luster once the ACC expanded to have more football-first schools. Every exciting Duke game meant you also got uninteresting games against Virginia Tech, Boston College and if they stayed, Pitt.

I'd take new ACC with our old rivals over the Big Ten any day of the week.

#98 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,275 posts

Posted 05 June 2021 - 05:08 PM

Turgeon wouldn't be here, so you're missing the point.

I wouldn't be so sure of that.

#99 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,343 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 05 June 2021 - 10:20 PM

I wouldn't be so sure of that.

I am. I think a lot of things would be different if not for the financial shape of the program. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=