#184 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,316 posts

Posted 12 May 2023 - 07:26 PM

https://twitter.com/...Hoo10UXYtA&s=19

They're winning the schedule announcement battle.  That was cool.

#185 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,406 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 12 May 2023 - 09:06 PM

https://twitter.com/...Hoo10UXYtA&s=19

They're winning the schedule announcement battle.  That was cool.

The dig at Lamar was very subtle. Had to pause to catch it.

#186 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,316 posts

Posted 13 May 2023 - 01:54 PM

The dig at Lamar was very subtle. Had to pause to catch it.

The bit with the contract, innit?

#187 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,406 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 13 May 2023 - 03:16 PM

The bit with the contract, innit?

Yeah, the part with his Entire Gym buddy's name crossed out under "Agent Signature."

#188 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,801 posts

Posted 19 November 2023 - 07:53 PM

Brandon Staley needs to go.  What other evidence do they need?  Two years ago the Chargers missed the playoffs when they called TO in OT and gave the Raiders an opportunity to pick up a first down and kick a game winning FG.  The Raiders looked content to leave with a tie which would have put both teams in the playoffs and knocked out Pittsburgh.  Last year they made the playoffs and had a comfortable lead at halftime before allowing Jacksonville to outscore them 24-3 in the second half.  

There is simply too much talent on this team for them to be 4-6.  

Rumor is that Robert Kraft wants to move on from Bill Bilichick.  They might be able to work a trade out that sends him to LA.  Only problem is what does he do with all of his hoodies?

#189 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,471 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 19 November 2023 - 08:14 PM

BB will be coaching the Chargers next year.

As an aside, I constantly call them SD even still, not at all on purpose. And I was listening to a podcast this week where a prognosticator was saying Belichick would want to coach in SD due to the strong Navy presence there (eye roll). But still funny how many people still call them SD.

• cprenegade likes this

#190 mdrunning

mdrunning

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 19 November 2023 - 08:26 PM

Staley is as good as a dead man walking, though I'm not sure if Belichick will be his successor. He could possibly stay with New England if he agrees to having someone else handle the GM duties. Belichick the GM hasn't done Belichick the coach any favors lately.

Another rumor is Jim Harbaugh replacing Staley in San Diego, or Los Angeles, or wherever the hell the Chargers play. If he beats Ohio State next week and can get to the CFP, he'll have his choice of NFL jobs, sign-stealing or no. Wouldn't cost the Chargers anything but money in that instance.

• cprenegade likes this

#191 mdrunning

mdrunning

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 19 November 2023 - 09:01 PM

As an aside, I constantly call them SD even still, not at all on purpose. And I was listening to a podcast this week where a prognosticator was saying Belichick would want to coach in SD due to the strong Navy presence there (eye roll). But still funny how many people still call them SD.

Eh, I still refer to the Raiders as Oakland, the Commanders as Redskins, and the Guardians as Indians on occasion. Old habits die hard.

• You Play to Win the Game and cprenegade like this

#192 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,801 posts

Posted 20 November 2023 - 12:35 AM

Staley is as good as a dead man walking, though I'm not sure if Belichick will be his successor. He could possibly stay with New England if he agrees to having someone else handle the GM duties. Belichick the GM hasn't done Belichick the coach any favors lately.

Another rumor is Jim Harbaugh replacing Staley in San Diego, or Los Angeles, or wherever the hell the Chargers play. If he beats Ohio State next week and can get to the CFP, he'll have his choice of NFL jobs, sign-stealing or no. Wouldn't cost the Chargers anything but money in that instance.

Eh, I still refer to the Raiders as Oakland, the Commanders as Redskins, and the Guardians as Indians on occasion. Old habits die hard.

Agree on all counts.  I always call the Chargers San Diego.  I still can't imagine why anyone would leave San Diego for Los Angeles.  I guess money, but still with already being a millionaire many times over, I would rather be in San Diego.  Nobody cares about that team in LA.  

• SonicAttack likes this

#193 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 20 November 2023 - 06:19 AM

Brandon Staley needs to go.  What other evidence do they need?  Two years ago the Chargers missed the playoffs when they called TO in OT and gave the Raiders an opportunity to pick up a first down and kick a game winning FG.  The Raiders looked content to leave with a tie which would have put both teams in the playoffs and knocked out Pittsburgh.  Last year they made the playoffs and had a comfortable lead at halftime before allowing Jacksonville to outscore them 24-3 in the second half.  

There is simply too much talent on this team for them to be 4-6.  

Rumor is that Robert Kraft wants to move on from Bill Bilichick.  They might be able to work a trade out that sends him to LA.  Only problem is what does he do with all of his hoodies?

I'll never forget when the Ravens played the Chargers and had a slight lead early.  Staley goes for a 4 & 2 or 3 from their own like 30 yard line, failed and the Ravens immediately scored again and the rout was on.

#194 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 20 November 2023 - 09:33 AM

I'll never forget when the Ravens played the Chargers and had a slight lead early.  Staley goes for a 4 & 2 or 3 from their own like 30 yard line, failed and the Ravens immediately scored again and the rout was on.

He makes Harbaugh look smart.

@BSLMikeRandall

#195 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,627 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 20 November 2023 - 10:02 AM

He makes Harbaugh look smart.

Or maybe he should make Raven fans happy they have Harbaugh.

@mikeghg

#196 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,557 posts

Posted 20 November 2023 - 11:14 AM

I remember that game. Staley was getting a lot of hype before that game and we blew the doors off that MFer. It's been downhill for him ever since.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#197 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,077 posts

Posted 20 November 2023 - 11:41 AM

Rex Ryan this morning... 'Staley should go back to D3 where he belongs."

https://www.espn.com...lip?id=38943711

#198 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,937 posts

Posted 20 November 2023 - 11:54 AM

You think there was truth to the rumors that Rex was the main man behind the uprising against Billick and then had some issues with Harbaugh when he was hired. Guy is a snake who will run down anyone. All those Ravens players and Rex thought they'd fire Billick and get Rex in there. Shows the leadership in the FO and ownership that they werent gonna let the inmates run the asylum.

#199 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,756 posts

Posted 20 November 2023 - 12:38 PM

I've got an extremely negative opinion of Rex as a person based on an incident I'm aware of when he lived here.

#200 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,937 posts

Posted 20 November 2023 - 12:53 PM

I've got an extremely negative opinion of Rex as a person based on an incident I'm aware of when he lived here.

Of course. Learn to read the room for anyone who thinks otherwise

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=