Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,286 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 08:31 AM

FIU Sports: Quick Facts
http://www.fiusports...Quick Facts.pdf

12:30 CSN Wash / ESPN 3.

This game thread is brought to you c/o post-2-0-41154800-1375360554_thumb.jpg

Click the logo above, or go directly to the link here - for a FREE VIP experience as the guest of Merritt Athletic Clubs, and see why they were Voted “BEST Gym in Baltimore!

#2 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,286 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 08:36 AM

Head Coach Ron Turner
http://www.fiusports.../RonTurner.aspx

#3 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,356 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 05 August 2013 - 11:46 AM

For awhile now, FIU has failed to capitalize on their own recruits from the talent-rich Florida area. But it seems like they're a program on the rise, with a lot of young talent. Certainly not a push-over game, but one that the Terps should win, especially at home. I wouldn't expect another let-down win (if there is such a thing) like we saw last year against W&M.

@BSLZackKiesel

#4 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,286 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 09:19 AM

The game will be on CSN Washington and ESPN 3.

#5 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,286 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 09:24 AM

Miami Herald: Offense makes strides during practice
http://www.miamihera...-fiu.html#morer

#6 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,286 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 09:26 AM

Miami Herald: FIU's defense starting off strong, special teams need work
http://www.miamihera...rong.html#morer

#7 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,286 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 12:41 PM

Beyond not losing to either Florida International, or Old Dominion; what needs to be accomplished in the first two weeks?

I'd like to see the O-line get some confidence. Keep Brown upright, help start up the running game.

I'd like to see Craddock knock through his first few FG attempts.

I'd like to see the defensive Front 7 impose their will a bit. Control the running games, get some consistent pressure.

Long has missed time during camp with general back soreness. It's not believed to be of much/any significance. The sooner he gets established as a playmaker to fear, the more it will open up the offense as a whole.

You'd like to see Brown have some success. Not just moving the chains with his legs, but some improvement in the pocket, and with his accuracy.

As a team, I'm hoping MD can take control of both games relatively early, and get time/reps for the depth you are going to need throughout the season. Unfortunately, while I expect MD will win both games comfortably, I'm not sure they are going to rout FIU or ODU.  FIU likely has some decent athletes, and while ODU is stepping-up; they are used to winning. More importantly, MD does not have a ton of size on the o-line, or depth on the d-line.... and line play is usually how you take advantage of teams like that.

If MD does not control the lines right away, I'm apprehensive of those teams sticking around longer than they should. Especially as the Byrd Stadium crowd will not be excited for either game.

#8 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,356 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 21 August 2013 - 03:18 PM

I doubt we'll see a rout of any kind this season. While the offense has a ton of talent, I think Locksley and Edsall still want this team to be a run-based, ball-control, defensively-based team. I saw that in full force at the Red-White game. Obviously C.J. wasn't playing then, but I saw a LOT of running. I'd like to see them beat FIU and ODU by 15-20 points. I think that's realistic to expect from a team like this. Having two straight home games against subpar opponents will be big leading into the WVU game in Week 4.

@BSLZackKiesel

#9 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,286 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 10:13 AM

I see Sports Illustrated is picking FIU last in their CUSA division.

USA Today says:

• Worth watching: With the exit of Wayne Times and Jacob Younger, WR Willis Wright (five TDs last year) is a big-play guy and should be the No. 1 target for QB Jake Medlock in 2013. That duo — along with RB Kendrick Rhodes, a 1,000-yard rusher in 2011 who dealt with injuries last year — could make for a fun offense to watch.
  • Bottom line: New coach Ron Turner took over a decent offense, but the offensive line faced many problems a year ago. FIU couldn't open big enough holes for its runners and couldn't protect the quarterback. They will be experienced, but experience doesn't always win games, especially with a tough schedule. It doesn't look like the Golden Panthers will get past three wins.

#10 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 25 August 2013 - 11:14 AM

If FIU is really that bad, I think they should win pretty handily.

@levineps

#11 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 25 August 2013 - 11:16 AM

I assume it's on CSN Washington as well? Anyone know, I looked at the MD football website, couldn't tell.

@levineps

#12 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,286 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 11:19 AM

I assume it's on CSN Washington as well? Anyone know, I looked at the MD football website, couldn't tell.

Yeah, I've edited it to show as CSN Washington.  CSN has the dual Washington and Baltimore websites, but really only the one channel.

#13 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 25 August 2013 - 11:30 AM

Yeah, I've edited it to show as CSN Washington.  CSN has the dual Washington and Baltimore websites, but really only the one channel.

When the Ravens/Skins have simultaneous preseason games, do they each air separately? There's not a whole lot of conflicts I can think of between the separate feeds I could think of.

@levineps

#14 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,286 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 11:34 AM

When the Ravens/Skins have simultaneous preseason games, do they each air separately? There's not a whole lot of conflicts I can think of between the separate feeds I could think of.

If they want to show something separately to each market, they sometimes use that CN8.

#15 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,488 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 25 August 2013 - 12:42 PM

That means ESPN3 out here.  :mad:

*One. More. Season*

#16 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 25 August 2013 - 12:42 PM

That means ESPN3 out here.  :mad:

*One. More. Season*

Take it you have good access to the Big 10 Network?

@levineps

#17 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,488 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 25 August 2013 - 12:50 PM

Take it you have good access to the Big 10 Network?

DirecTV carries it on the "Choice" tier, even the overflow channels.

#18 glenn__davis

glenn__davis

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,460 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 09:44 PM

StubHub has season tickets - SEASON TICKETS MIND YOU - for $115.  It's in the UD, but that's the best place to watch a football game anyway.

If I didn't have 3 young kids that sucked up all of my spare time I'd be all about that.

#19 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,286 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 08:44 AM

CBS Sports: Feldman mailbag / Question on Diggs
http://www.cbssports...ig-ten-fsu-hype

From @A_Emmer3030: Is Stefon Diggs the least talked-about great player in the country?

He's at the top of the list, although some of that is due to him being so young, so a lot of people just haven't had a chance to see him much yet and because the team he plays for has been so bad. Struggling to keep QBs healthy (the Terps had to play four quarterbacks including a linebacker in 2012) doesn't make the life of a wideout any easier too.

Despite all that, Diggs showed last fall that he is one of the most dynamic athletes in the game. He averaged 16 yards per touch and no freshman had more all-purpose yards. Word is, he's bulked up 10 pounds and matured quite a bit this off-season. All of that bodes well for him--and Maryland in 2013. I talked to one rival coach who said if Diggs was at a better program, he'd be a legit Heisman candidate in 2013. Then again, if Diggs can spark the Terps to run at the Top 25, he might be able to work his way to NYC for the Heisman ceremony.

#20 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 26 August 2013 - 09:59 AM

StubHub has season tickets - SEASON TICKETS MIND YOU - for $115.  It's in the UD, but that's the best place to watch a football game anyway.

If I didn't have 3 young kids that sucked up all of my spare time I'd be all about that.

Not sure why you'd sell season tix on StubHub for below face value unless you moved or something. Why get season tix in the first place?

@levineps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=