#1561 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,058 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 20 August 2020 - 06:03 PM

Some great news today. Fulham signed USMNT Antonee Robinson. We are so weak at LB that having Antonee playing in the EPL should really boost his performance and learning curve. Perfect timing as we get ready for WC 2022 qualifying.

• BSLChrisStoner and glenn__davis like this

#1562 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,058 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 08 September 2020 - 02:49 PM

Hey all here's my preview of the upcoming season. Should be a good one!

https://baltimorespo...0-2021-preview/

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

#1563 BSLRoseKatz

BSLRoseKatz

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,888 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 09 September 2020 - 04:10 PM

I've read and heard a lot about Leeds and how good they were before I was following soccer so I'm really interested to see how they do this year, feels like they'll be bringing a lot more hype than a normal team that gets promoted 

she/her

#1564 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,058 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 09 September 2020 - 07:53 PM

Jordan back when I was playing a lot Leeds was a big time club. Hope to see them get back to where they once were.

#1565 Mashed Potatoes

Mashed Potatoes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts

Posted 11 September 2020 - 01:59 PM

Great write up. I think you have Southampton and Sheffield too low. Also think City are still the favorites. Liverpool looked weak the last quarter of the season (and they're my team), much of city's struggles connect back to LaPorte's injury, and they just have too much talent.

These are quibbles and you can certainly make the argument for the order you laid out.

Could also see Crystal palace in the relegation zone. Looking forward to tomorrow!

@DaKittenz

#1566 BSLRoseKatz

BSLRoseKatz

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,888 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 11 September 2020 - 03:55 PM

Anyone else doing Fantasy Prem? Going with this squad. https://twitter.com/...491188687437824

she/her

#1567 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,058 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 11 September 2020 - 06:36 PM

Great write up. I think you have Southampton and Sheffield too low. Also think City are still the favorites. Liverpool looked weak the last quarter of the season (and they're my team), much of city's struggles connect back to LaPorte's injury, and they just have too much talent.

These are quibbles and you can certainly make the argument for the order you laid out.

Could also see Crystal palace in the relegation zone. Looking forward to tomorrow!

Thanks. Just to clarify the middle of the pack group was listed in alphabetical order But I did say that Southampton should be around 14th. Push come to shove I would have to give the Sheffies  a shot at close to top 10. They are an interesting side. A bunch of no names but the collective is pretty darn good.

And watching the EPL is always fun and the way the O's are playing today ....watching this is no fun at all!

#1568 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,058 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 11 September 2020 - 06:39 PM

Anyone else doing Fantasy Prem? Going with this squad. https://twitter.com/...491188687437824

Pretty good lineup Jordan. Its all starts in the back and you got a Schmeichel!

#1569 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,058 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 12 September 2020 - 09:49 AM

Half time and Crystal Palace is leading Southampton 1-0.... :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

And just for Jordan - Zaha scored that goal.

#1570 Mashed Potatoes

Mashed Potatoes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts

Posted 12 September 2020 - 02:05 PM

Half time and Crystal Palace is leading Southampton 1-0.... :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

Good win for them. Wonder what the club's ambitions are. Would think unless they're willing to expand the budget significantly they'll remain just above the relegation zone. Zaha could fetch a pretty penny.

Liverpool/Leeds game was entertaining as hell, the champion's back 4 was trash.

@DaKittenz

#1571 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,058 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 12 September 2020 - 04:29 PM

Good win for them. Wonder what the club's ambitions are. Would think unless they're willing to expand the budget significantly they'll remain just above the relegation zone. Zaha could fetch a pretty penny.

Liverpool/Leeds game was entertaining as hell, the champion's back 4 was trash.

They weren't that good.

First game I have ever seen Van Dijk play less than stellar.

#1572 BSLRoseKatz

BSLRoseKatz

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,888 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 12 September 2020 - 10:19 PM

And just for Jordan - Zaha scored that goal.

I was very pleased to see that, always liked him 

she/her

#1573 BSLRoseKatz

BSLRoseKatz

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,888 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 19 September 2020 - 11:52 PM

Leeds with back-to-back 4-3 games, if they're getting relegated, they'll do it in style

she/her

#1574 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,058 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 20 September 2020 - 08:17 AM

Gareth Bale being loaned back to the Spurs. Good place for him and good addition for the Spurs.

#1575 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,686 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 21 September 2020 - 02:30 PM

Gareth Bale being loaned back to the Spurs. Good place for him and good addition for the Spurs.

What does he have left in the tank these days?

#1576 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,058 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 22 September 2020 - 08:39 AM

What does he have left in the tank these days?

He is clearly not a 90 or even 60 minute guy. But he still has plenty to go a strong 20 minutes when they need a goal. He is still a dangerous player. Seems like he's been around forever but he is only 31! He has been hampered with injuries the last two seasons so that has slowed him for sure. But if he can stay healthy he will really help the Spurs.

Shoot Zlatan is 38 and he scored twice for Milan in their first match.....now he's a freak for sure but man 38 and playing like that!

#1577 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,058 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 26 September 2020 - 06:25 PM

Chelsea was down 3-0 and came back to earn a point. What a fold by WBA.

And Man U came from nowhere to win at BHA. Down 2-0 then tied it. Man U had a goal overturned by VAR. BHA had a penalty overturned by VAR. Then in the 96th minute Man U earned a corner and got a header that went off an arm and was awarded a penatly and scored the game winner at the whistle.

Holy crap 2020 is so freaking weird.

#1578 Mashed Potatoes

Mashed Potatoes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts

Posted 26 September 2020 - 07:35 PM

He is clearly not a 90 or even 60 minute guy. But he still has plenty to go a strong 20 minutes when they need a goal. He is still a dangerous player. Seems like he's been around forever but he is only 31! He has been hampered with injuries the last two seasons so that has slowed him for sure. But if he can stay healthy he will really help the Spurs.

Shoot Zlatan is 38 and he scored twice for Milan in their first match.....now he's a freak for sure but man 38 and playing like that!

Agree that Bale can provide a push for the last 30. Don't think the Zlatan comparison makes sense since Bale's strength is based on his olympic level speed vs Zlatan's crazy skills/strength/savvy.
@DaKittenz

#1579 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,058 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 27 September 2020 - 08:59 AM

Agree that Bale can provide a push for the last 30. Don't think the Zlatan comparison makes sense since Bale's strength is based on his olympic level speed vs Zlatan's crazy skills/strength/savvy.

For sure. My point was just that athletes these days are way different than even 10 years ago. Training methods, nutrition, medical techniques are just keeping athletes competitive beyond what we are used to. Now for sure Bale does not have the same burst and top end he did a few years ago. 

As to Zlatan.....that guys just a freak!

• Mashed Potatoes likes this

#1580 Mashed Potatoes

Mashed Potatoes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts

Posted 27 September 2020 - 10:03 AM

This handball rule needs to be changed ASAP. Completely insane that Newcastle got a point against Tottenham with zero shots on target. Roy Hodgson went to town on it in his post game interview.
@DaKittenz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=