2296 replies to this topic

#1661 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 14 September 2021 - 09:29 PM

Norm’s style was one of a kind. Sounds like he kept his illness from everyone. Friends, family included.
@BSLMikeRandall

#1662 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,821 posts

Posted 14 September 2021 - 11:37 PM

Norm’s style was one of a kind. Sounds like he kept his illness from everyone. Friends, family included.

One of a kind is cliche but it truly fits Norm. Some of his stuff missed with me and probably others but he didnt give a crap. On the other hand when he landed he had me rolling.
  • Mike in STL likes this

#1663 glenn__davis

glenn__davis

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,452 posts

Posted 15 September 2021 - 09:31 AM

I loved his interview on The View where he kept referring to Clinton as a murderer as the hosts desperately tried to change the subject.  And I doubt he really believed what he was saying but the way he would just keep going with things always cracked me up.

#1664 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 15 September 2021 - 12:05 PM

I loved his interview on The View where he kept referring to Clinton as a murderer as the hosts desperately tried to change the subject. And I doubt he really believed what he was saying but the way he would just keep going with things always cracked me up.

I bet his version of “The Aristocrats” joke could be 2 hours long if you let him.
@BSLMikeRandall

#1665 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,933 posts

Posted 15 September 2021 - 12:08 PM

I saw his show in DC a couple of years ago.  It was mid-week, and it ended up being a pretty late night by the time I got home, but now I'm really glad I went.  I still regret missing a chance to see Little Richard about 10 years ago.

• Old Man likes this

#1666 Mark Carver

Mark Carver

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,598 posts

Posted 15 September 2021 - 01:59 PM

That would be Turd Ferguson...

John Keegan, a renowned British military historian, has called World War II the greatest single event in the history of mankind. - Tom Brokaw, NBC special correspondent and author of "The Greatest Generation"

#1667 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,551 posts

Posted 15 September 2021 - 02:52 PM

Loved Norm. For some reason he seemed blackballed in the industry after SNL. I don't get it. Hilarious guy. Loved him on SNL and on Stern.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#1668 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,933 posts

Posted 15 September 2021 - 03:00 PM

He had a Netflix talk show a few years ago, but during the promotion period for it, he said that he was friends with Roseanne Barr and Louis CK or something, so that was that.

#1669 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,171 posts

Posted 15 September 2021 - 06:00 PM

Norm MacDonald was the man.

RIP funnyman!
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#1670 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,171 posts

Posted 15 September 2021 - 06:08 PM

He had a Netflix talk show a few years ago, but during the promotion period for it, he said that he was friends with Roseanne Barr and Louis CK or something, so that was that.

Yeah, it seems like MacDonald's views on or his relationship with Louis C.K. contributed to the cancellation of the show. The article mentions conflicts between MacDonald and Netflix during the first season. The Louis CK stuff was probably the final blow.

https://www.google.c...lvDYji1HEZRlYH8

#1671 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,171 posts

Posted 15 September 2021 - 06:10 PM

Loved Norm. For some reason he seemed blackballed in the industry after SNL. I don't get it. Hilarious guy. Loved him on SNL and on Stern.

He had a couple of TV series after SNL.

I think he did what he wanted when he wanted to do it. I don't think he was blackballed.

#1672 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,171 posts

Posted 18 October 2021 - 08:08 AM

Colin Powell.

#1673 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,933 posts

Posted 18 October 2021 - 09:22 AM

Thelma Lou from The Andy Griffith Show.

#1674 Russ

Russ

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,296 posts

Posted 18 October 2021 - 09:53 AM

Colin Powell.

Saw the headline for his death and it read “Colin Powell, man who made the case for the Iraq war, dead at 84.” Sad that’s what he’ll be remembered for.
  • BSLChrisStoner likes this

#1675 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,463 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 18 October 2021 - 11:57 AM

Saw the headline for his death and it read “Colin Powell, man who made the case for the Iraq war, dead at 84.” Sad that’s what he’ll be remembered for.

It won't be. Most headlines talk of him as some pristine national hero today. The most egregious military mistake in my lifetime is nothing but a foot note. We may not have ruling kings and queens like we split from, but it's not a lot different. Personally, the way we continue to frame flawed people as perfect and/or as heroes is disturbing. Had the same thought yesterday when during the Cowboys/Patriots game, Nantz and Romo took a couple minutes to praise Kraft for how great an owner he is. The same thing is being done right before our eyes as Trump gets away with the Big Lie and 1/6. It's easy to see why things are the way they are when people are so willing to look past stuff like this, which is a blatant crime against humanity. Between the lies to Congress and the United Nations which led us into a war that shouldn't have happened, the torture tactics advocated and implemented under Powell, and much more, the man deserved prison time.

President Biden: "He (Powell) will be remembered as one of our great Americans."
  • BobPhelan likes this

#1676 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,171 posts

Posted 18 October 2021 - 01:52 PM

It won't be. Most headlines talk of him as some pristine national hero today. The most egregious military mistake in my lifetime is nothing but a foot note. We may not have ruling kings and queens like we split from, but it's not a lot different. Personally, the way we continue to frame flawed people as perfect and/or as heroes is disturbing. Had the same thought yesterday when during the Cowboys/Patriots game, Nantz and Romo took a couple minutes to praise Kraft for how great an owner he is. The same thing is being done right before our eyes as Trump gets away with the Big Lie and 1/6. It's easy to see why things are the way they are when people are so willing to look past stuff like this, which is a blatant crime against humanity. Between the lies to Congress and the United Nations which led us into a war that shouldn't have happened, the torture tactics advocated and implemented under Powell, and much more, the man deserved prison time.

President Biden: "He (Powell) will be remembered as one of our great Americans."

FWIW, Powell did call the Iraq invasion a " blot on his record." I'm confident that allof the dead and maimed soldiers and civilians can take solace with that statement. Hey, the US never found WMDs, but Haliburton made billions (which I'm sure boosted the Bushes and Cheney's stock options among others) and ISIS ultimately rose from the ashes of the conflict. Kind of like me waving " my bad" when I cut someone off on the beltway. RIP anyway sir.
  • You Play to Win the Game likes this

#1677 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,933 posts

Posted 22 October 2021 - 11:42 AM

Peter Scolari

#1678 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 22 October 2021 - 12:25 PM

And Ricker will turn this thing into a rant against Trump.

Under Powell's watch, we wouldnt have left people and billions of equipment behind to be used against us.

Powell also would not have been playing shenanigan's with weapons and get the Ambassador killed, like another that did, and should be in prison.

#1679 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,933 posts

Posted 25 October 2021 - 08:07 AM

Gunther from Friends.

#1680 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 25 October 2021 - 08:36 AM

Gunther from Friends.

My wife loved the show and thought one of the main characters had died, when it came up on her fb feed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=